If you have made it to SBI PO Mains, you are certainly in the top 2-3% of the candidates who applied within your category. While many of you being in the top 3% may not need any inputs on exam strategy, here are a few minute distinguishing parameters that you may need to tackle. Since SBI PO Mains is a battle of the toppers, every mark will count.
Here is how candidates can tackle some hurdles you might face during SBI PO Mains 2021-
Take mock tests during the actual exam slot of your exam
During the last few days, take at least one mock test a day or every two days during your actual exam time. This way you will train your mind to be alert during this particular time of the day. Most of the people take tests late in the night or early in the morning on whenever they feel the most active, but this choice is not available to you on exam day. If you are a working professional, you should try this at least during weekends and whenever possible.
Attempting a Three and a Half Hour (210 min) Exam:
The 3-hour pattern can be difficult and separates “extra” from the ordinary candidates. The duration tests your mental strength and tests your concentration throughout the 3-hour exam.
Start The Descriptive Section Right After the Mains Mock
Don’t stop with Mains Section, continue with the 30 minutes of Descriptive Section immediately after the objective exam. As, you might get tired after the 180. Most of the candidates will already have a reduced efficiency in the last hour of the exam. Needless to say, if you can enter the 3+ hour frame without getting mentally tired, you will be positioned to score a few extra marks.
Here is an easy way out.
Unlike the SBI Clerk Mains exam where GK was the first section, the SBI PO Mains will probably follow a Reasoning -> Quant-> GK-> English order of sections. While one can continue the rigorous focus on the first two sections, one can use the GK section (35 minutes) to recharge for the final section of the exam which is English.
GK should be easily completed in 15-20 minutes (instead of tiring yourself with unnecessary revisiting and multiple revisions) which would give 15-20 minutes time for you to take your mind of the stress of the exam. One of the ways is to just close your eyes and relax while the timer runs down to the English section.
DOWNLOAD THE OLIVEBOARD APP FOR ON-THE-GO EXAM PREPARATION
- Video Lessons, Textual Lessons & Notes
- Topic Tests covering all topics with detailed solutions
- Sectional Tests for QA, DI, EL, LR
- All India Mock Tests for performance analysis and all India percentile
- General Knowledge (GK) Tests
Free videos, free mock tests and free GK tests to evaluate course content before signing up!
Practice with 60+ Sectional Mock Tests:
The new sectional pattern will make all time strategy unnecessary as everything has been pre-decided. No more getting anxious about the order in which to attempt and the time to be spent on each section. For those who were struggling to find the answers to “Which order of sections should I follow?”, “How much time should I spend in each section?”, this new pattern might be a mini-blessing in disguise while for many of you who are adept at creating dynamic exam & time strategies for exams, this might be a not so welcome change.
- One can treat each section as a different exam altogether and break each section into mini sections.
- Like in previous exams, attempt the topics which you are strong at first within a section before attempting the other questions.
- For eg: if DI is not your strength, then attempt all the other non-DI questions first and then attempt DI (as there is no getting away from DI on the SBI PO Mains).
- The confidence you build in solving questions of your strength first will create a positive momentum to solve the areas where you believe you are not as strong.
Click here to take SBI PO Mains mock tests.
- SBI PO 2020-21 Interview Admit Card Out @sbi.co.in | Download Here
- Ace The SBI & IBPS PO Interview With These Last Minute Tips
- SBI PO Result for Mains 2020 Out | Direct Link, Scorecard & Cut-off
- Ace Your Interview with Personalised Interview Course for SBI & IBPS | Enroll Now
- SBI PO Mains General Awareness Asked on 29 January 2021 | Free PDF
- Section-Wise SBI PO Mains Exam Analysis 2020 | 29th January 2021
- Join Personalized Interview Batch: Prepare for SBI & IBPS Interviews with Ex-IBPS Panel Member
- Join SBI Clerk Selection Batch: Live Classes, Practice Sessions & Mock Tests
- Mission SSC CGL 2020-21 Online Course + Test Series: Join Now
- Join SSC CHSL 2021 Crash Course for Complete Exam Practice
- JK Bank Mains – Crash Course + Mock Tests – Join Now
- ECGC PO 2021 – Kickstart your preparation with a Free Mock Test