Toppers Strategy IBPS RRB PO & Clerk – Shweta Dwivedi, who has successfully cleared the IBPS RRB Officer and Office Assistant 2020 exam, shares her preparation strategy in this session to help you clear IBPS RRB 2021 at the very first go. We’ll also have a look at the preparation tips and ways to stay motivated during preparation. So let’s get to it.
Toppers Strategy To Clear IBPS RRB 2021 | Shweta Dwivedi
Let’s start with the most important traits that you should inculcate before and during your preparation for bank exams like IBPS RRB PO and clerk. All successful candidates suggest that the below-mentioned attributes have helped them get past most obstacles while preparing, and they are –
- Hard Work
And now you can go ahead and check the exam pattern for IBPS RRB PO and Clerk. We have given the exam pattern below for reference.
IBPS RRB Exam Pattern
IBPS Assistant Preliminary Exam Pattern
The prelims exam is only eliminating in nature. The prelims score is not included in the selection process. Only the candidates who clear this stage are eligible for Mains. Here is the section wise break down of the exam pattern of office assistant exam. Candidates need to solve 80 questions in 45 minutes time.
IBPS Assistant Mains Exam Pattern
Unlike the prelims, the IBPS RRB Office Assistant Mains Exam is decisive in nature and the selection is done based on the marks scored in mains only. The mains paper is consists of 5 sections with 40 questions each. Candidates get 120 minutes to solve 200 objective type questions.
|General Awareness Paper||40||40|
|Numerical Ability Paper||40||50|
|English/Hindi Language Paper||40||40|
No interview is required after the Mains Exam to get selected for the post of Office Assistant.
IBPS RRB PO Prelims Exam Pattern
Just like Office Assistants are assessed for Quant and Reasoning aptitude in the IBPS RRB PO prelims. Candidates can expect a higher difficulty level in PO Prelims. Candidates need to solve 80 questions in 45 minutes time.
|Name of Tests||Medium of Exam||No. of Ques.||Maximum Marks|
Note: Candidates have to qualify in both the tests by securing minimum cut-off. Candidates will be qualified based on the number appearing and the vacancies released
IBPS RRB PO Mains Exam Pattern
This included 5 sections with 40 questions each and a time duration of 2 hours. The sections and distribution of marks are mentioned below. Candidates can opt either 4 a or 4 b.
|Sr. No.||Name of Tests||Medium of Exam||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
How To Prepare for IBPS RRB Prelims | Toppers Strategy
As we saw, the prelims exam pattern consists of 80 questions to be attempted in 45 minutes. Many candidates get worried about the less time period given the time-consuming topics of quantitative and reasoning aptitude. But this is true for all. Every candidate get the same amount of time and the normalization make the playing field even for all.
1. Don’t waste a time thinking about the time constrains and jump start your preparation.
2. Bring hard yet “smart” work to your preparation strategy. To do this, start taking mock tests from day 1 of your preparation. You can’t sideline mocks if you want to get selected. Here is how mocks help you.
- Mocks play a very important role in selection of all toppers.
- They help you in choice of questions while attempting and decide your sequence.
- They help in increasing your speed.
3. As you take your first few mock tests, you might end up scoring less in the beginning, but as you analyse your weak and strong points there will be an increase in the overall score.
4. As the notification is out, do not go for learning new topics now. Rather, focus on topics that you are good at and practice your way up to solving these topics in the shortest possible time. Make sure you attempt enough topics to clear the cut-off with ease. IBPS RRB Clerk cut-offs are slightly higher than that of PO prelims, indicating that the difficulty level of PO prelims is slightly tougher compared to clerk prelims
5. Keep an accuracy of 90-95% during the mock tests. We recommend going through the solutions of previously attempted mock tests and then attempt a new one.
Shweta’s Preparation Strategy
As our topper started her preparation for Prelims, Mains exam was on her radar as well. Your positive approach is required in this duration. Prelims can be considered the main competition, as most of the candidates don’t make the cut. But your prelim’s preparation should be in such a way that you are certain to sit for the mains exam. So there should be a dedicated preparation for this stage. Here is our topper’s preparation strategy –
- Mainly focused on Mock tests for Prelims along with regular practice of sectional and topic tests on a daily basis.
- Used her spare time to prepare GA notes for Mains exam, honed her banking awareness and current affairs.
- Took 2-3 weekly IBPS RRB Mains mock test while preparing for prelims to practice Mains level questions of concurrent topics in pre and mains.
- Relied more on self study as it helped her explore more concepts and devote quality time solving questions on her own.
Getting Over the Negativity While Preparing
Concerns like stiff competition, less vacancy, high cut-off, and aspirants working harder than you can give aspirants nightmares. But what should actually go through your thoughts are the following facts –
- You have to fight for 1 vacancy only, i.e. your own selection.
- You don’t need to worry about lesser vacancy as all you need is 1 seat.
- And when you carry a positive attitude, you’ll be able to give your best.
Tips to crack IBPS RRB exam by Toppers
Given below are the tips and tricks shared by toppers to crack IBPS RRB exam.
|Topper||Preparation tips and strategy|
|Aman Srivastava | IBPS RRB PO 2020||1. Always focus on your goal and always stick to your plan. |
2. Never change your strategy and just believe in yourself.
3. Keep calm and stay away from negative things.
|Amandeep Sharma | IBPS & RRB PO, JK Bank PO & Associate 2020||1. Make a proper timetable and follow it strictly. |
2. One should rely on smart work along with hard work.
3. Consistency is also one important aspect.
4. One shouldn’t take long breaks from studies as it breaks one’s momentum.
5. One should analyze his weak areas and work on them too.
|Sutapa Roy | Cleared IBPS and RRB PO 2020||1. Keep patience and never give up. |
2. Make a proper daily schedule covering all subjects.
|Pronab Banik | IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 2020||1. You can do it only if you really want to do it!|
2. Always stay happy and never doubt yourself if you know you are doing the right for a better future.
Wondering how you would perform in the real exam? Well, now you can check it right away! Attempt the Oliveboard Free All-India Mock Test that’s been taken by thousands of aspirants already to see where you stand.
To receive preparation material along with other relevant helpful content for your banking and government examinations, subscribe to the Oliveboard’s YouTube channel, and you may click here to subscribe.
Alternatively, you can also download the Oliveboard Mobile App for free study material and other latest updates.
Happy Learning from Oliveboard!
Topper Strategy IBPS RRB – FAQs
Candidates must start preparing for IBPS RRB exam a year in advance.
Candidates are recommended to take as many IBPS RRB mocks as they can.
To prepare for the IBPS RRB GA section, candidates should follow newspapers and refer to current affairs ebooks.
It is equally important to solve both IBPS RRB mock tests and previous years’ question papers.
Yes, candidates can prepare for IBPS RRB exam without coaching. This required dedication and determination.
- IBPS RRB PO Mains Cut Off 2023 Out, Check Section-wise Cut Off
- IBPS RRB Previous Year Papers for PO and Clerk, Download PDF Solutions
- IBPS RRB PO Eligibility Criteria 2023, Know All The Criteria in Detail
The most comprehensive online preparation portal for MBA, Banking and Government exams. Explore a range of mock tests and study material at www.oliveboard.in