Recent years have seen a significant rise in the number of Bank Recruitment exams such as IBPS PO, SBI PO, IBPS Clerk, RBI Assistant, IBPS SO, BOB, and the link. The competition keeps getting higher and so do the number of Bank exam aspirants.
For people who aspire to work in Banks, this competition can be overwhelming to a point where they feel that they don’t stand a chance. As a result, those aspirants don’t even give these exams a try. In an attempt to bust a few popular myths like these, that Bank exam aspirants have, we have debunked ten most popular Bank exam myths in the following article:
- 1. Bank Exams are hard to crack.
- 2. More hours of preparation = Better preparation.
- 3. You need to join expensive coaching centers to crack a Bank Exam.
- 4. Read as many books as possible to clear the Bank exam.
- 5. Only people with higher IQ can crack Bank Exams.
- 6. It all depends on luck.
- 7. Working professionals can’t crack Bank exams as it is tough.
- 8. You don’t stand a chance if your English language is weak.
- 9. Bank Exam is the end of your world.
- 10. It’s better if you have a background in commerce
1. Bank Exams are hard to crack.
Bank exams are certainly tough to crack, but not impossible. You can crack any exam if you are willing to dedicate yourself and work hard. If others can crack the exam, you can too. Nothing can stop you from cracking a Bank exam if you have faith and believe in yourself.
2. More hours of preparation = Better preparation.
It’s not the number of hours you put in for your preparation; it is what you do during those hours that determine your success. Practicing blindly will not get you anywhere. You need to strategize your Bank exam preparation. While it is important to practice hard, it is equally important to practice smartly.
3. You need to join expensive coaching centers to crack a Bank Exam.
This myth is one of the biggest reasons why a lot of Bank Exam Aspirants back out from applying for any Bank Exam. While coaching centers can help you prepare for the Bank exams, there’s only so much that they can do. In the end, it is your consistency and persistent will to put in hard work that will decide whether you can crack the exam. Hundreds of Bank exam aspirants prepare for the exam themselves without the help of coaching centers and successfully crack the exam.
4. Read as many books as possible to clear the Bank exam.
Academic books need to be used only for reference during your Bank exam preparation. Reading several books at a time won’t help you clear your Bank exams. Rather take online mock tests, identify your weak areas and practice sufficiently to improve your weak areas using the study material.
5. Only people with higher IQ can crack Bank Exams.
Being able to crack a Bank exam has got nothing to do with your IQ. The people who have a high IQ weren’t born with it. They’re ordinary people who, like everyone else, started from scratch, worked hard and dedicated their time to sharpen their skills. If they can do it, then you can too.
6. It all depends on luck.
The Bank Exam Aspirants, who clear their exams and get selected, do so because they rather believe in hard work and dedication than luck. Believing that it all depends on luck and not giving it a try is not going to get you anywhere.
7. Working professionals can’t crack Bank exams as it is tough.
It is all about priorities. A lot of working professionals, who are unhappy with their jobs, make time to practice and study, so they can land their dream job. If you have the will, you can do anything, if you don’t, you will find such excuses.
“There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure” – Colin Powell
8. You don’t stand a chance if your English language is weak.
Although being good at English language is important to clear most Bank exams, it doesn’t constitute the major portion of the exam. Bank exams test your aptitude, math, reasoning skills and logical thinking. English language can be learnt with a little bit of practice every day, but being good/bad at English language doesn’t determine how good/bad you are at these.
9. Bank Exam is the end of your world.
Most Bank exam aspirants put all their bets on one single exam and get disheartened if they couldn’t clear it. It is not the end of your world if you couldn’t clear one exam. You will have several chances to reapply and give that or any other Bank exam again.
It’s a good idea to apply for multiple Bank exams in a single year, so you can prepare for all of them at once. This way, the chances of you clearing one or more exam increases. It’s always good to have a plan B. If you couldn’t clear one Bank exam, you can always look forward to taking and clearing the next best exam in the same year and not waste an entire year waiting to apply for the same exam again.
10. It’s better if you have a background in commerce
Candidates who have successfully cleared their Bank exams and are working full-time in Banks, are from diverse career fields, such as Engineering, Art, Science, etc. Having or not having a background in commerce doesn’t determine your success with Bank exams or jobs. You will be sufficiently trained in your probation period to become a successful Banker.
We hope the above article helps you debunk some myths you had about Bank Recruitment Exams.
We wish you all the very best.
Click here to take FREE Bank Exam Mock Tests.
- Join Personalized Interview Batch: Prepare for SBI & IBPS Interviews with Ex-IBPS Panel Member
- Join SBI Clerk Selection Batch: Live Classes, Practice Sessions & Mock Tests
- Mission SSC CGL 2020-21 Online Course + Test Series: Join Now
- Join SSC CHSL 2021 Crash Course for Complete Exam Practice
- JK Bank Mains – Crash Course + Mock Tests – Join Now
- ECGC PO 2021 – Kickstart your preparation with a Free Mock Test