IBPS RRB Quantitative Aptitude: As we all know that the IBPS has released the IBPS RRB PO+Clerk recruitment notification 2022. For most of the students, the IBPS RRB PO Quantitative Aptitude section is a difficult section to attempt when it comes to prelims & mains exam. So, it is better to focus on it and give its preparation a start with a proper and planned strategy. In this blog, we are providing you the best preparation strategy for this particular section to help you to improve your skills and assure you to score well in the exam.
Table of Contents
- Preparation Strategy for IBPS RRB PO+Clerk Quantitative Aptitude
- Topic-wise preparation Strategy for IBPS RRB PO+Clerk Quantitative Aptitude
- Download the free PDFs for IBPS RRB Exam-PO and Clerk 2022-Reasoning and Quant
Preparation Strategy for IBPS RRB PO+Clerk Quantitative Aptitude
Since you are preparing for the Quantitative Aptitude section for IBPS RRB prelims + mains, so you must be familiar with all the topics that come under this section. Now your concepts regarding every particular topic are clear so we can move towards the advanced level for its practice.
1. Give limited time to practice easy topics
Easy topics do not need more time for practice. So, mark them and set a limited time to do a single concept a day as per your routine. Practice 10-15 questions daily based on every topic.
2. Focus on difficult topics
Difficult topics take more preparation time. So, for a better understanding of difficult problems, practice a lot of difficult questions. Try to do 15-20 difficult individual questions or many sets daily.
3. Attempt sectional and topic tests
Topic tests help you to practice topics individually to have a good command of it. Sectional tests help in doing different problems so that you will be able to do a lot of questions based on these topics at the same time. Do sectional tests and topic tests daily.
4. Practice high-level questions
Along with doing general problems, it is better to practice high-level questions. If you can do a lot of high-level problems without finding any difficulty, then you will find ease in solving easy to moderate level questions. Also, this will
- Improve your better understanding of the particular topic.
- Enhance your concept clearance.
- Help in increasing problem-solving speed with high accuracy.
Along with practicing a lot of problems based on every topic, there are two most important factors to be taken into consideration. These are:
- Time management
In the exam, what matters the most is how many questions you will be attempting and how many of them will be correct. So, make sure that your attempts are enough and accurate. For this:
- Solving a set of 15 questions, set a time limit of around 8-9 minutes to complete all the questions within this time.
- To increase calculation speed, memorize table, squares, and cubes till 50 as it will reduce the multiplication time during difficult calculation part.
- Practice at least 2-3 questions from every topic and sets of data interpretation daily under a definite time with 100% accuracy.
- Also, do not mark the options based on assumptions or guesses because this may result in negative marking.
5. Mock Test and its analysis
Attempting mock test daily and doing its analysis is necessary as it helps in the following ways. Mock tests –
- Give you a feel of the actual exam and its pressure.
- Improve accuracy and calculation speed.
- Help you in determining the weak and strong areas so that you can improve.
- Keep track of your performance and tells if you are improving or not.
- Provide you the different types of questions before the exam.
Topic-wise preparation Strategy for IBPS RRB PO+Clerk Quantitative Aptitude
Data interpretation: This section includes pie-charts, bar-graph, line-graph, tabular DI, caselets, and mixed DI. This section has a good weightage in the exam, so practice 4-5 sets of DI daily. Also, its individual questions are based only on three topics, i.e., percentages, ratios, and averages, so do problems based on these topics.
Approximation/simplification: This is the most scoring section as it has a good weightage in the exam and contains easy questions. So, practice a lot of questions based on approximation, BODMAS, surds, and indices, decimals and fractions, etc.
Quadratic equations: This section needs a lot of practice. For solving quadratic equations, instead of following the general method, try to solve the equations using short tricks as it will help in reducing the calculation time.
Number series: Number series are either missing term based or the wrong number based and follow a lot of patterns. So, practice as many as possible patterns before the exam.
Miscellaneous: This section includes:
- Averages, Percentages, and Age problems
- Boats and Streams/Speed-Time and Distance
- Clock and Calendar problems
- LCM and HCF, Mensuration
- Mixture and Allegations
- Pipes and Cisterns/Time and Work
- Profit, loss, and discount
- Simple and compound interest
- Probability, Permutation, and Combination
Questions based on this section are doable but time-consuming. So, do 25-30 questions based on this section daily to increase calculation speed as well as to improve accuracy.
Download the free PDFs for IBPS RRB Exam-PO and Clerk 2022-Reasoning and Quant
|2||Approximation and Simplification|
|3||Ratio and Proportion|
|5||Speed Distance and Time|
|6||Work and Time|
|10||HCF and LCM|
|11||Profit and Loss|
That’s all from us in this blog. We hope this helps in your preparation for the Quantitative Aptitude section in IBPS RRB. Now that you are aware of how to prepare for it, then start it by taking mock tests.
Read More Blogs Here:
The most comprehensive online preparation portal for MBA, Banking and Government exams. Explore a range of mock tests and study material at www.oliveboard.in