Chalking out a preparation plan and then sticking to it and following it religiously serves half the purpose. While the other half requires practice by taking Mock Tests. This completes your preparation and makes you Exam-Ready. With the recent announcement of IBPS RRB for PO & Office assistant recruitment, it is now high-time to get on with your IBPS RRB Preparations.
As the dates for prelims exam is still not announced, it is suggested to start your preparations at the earliest. Be exam ready before the exam. And to help you do that, we have brought this article where we will share with IBPS RRB Preparation Strategy for PO (Scale 1) & Clerk.
1. IBPS RRB Preparation 2020 – Selection Procedure
The selection procedure of IBPS RRB PO & Assistant is almost similar, with an extra interview round in RRB PO selection.
The prelims and mains exam pattern for IBPS RRB PO (Scale 1) & Office Assistant is similar. Let’s have a look at the exam pattern first to get an understanding.
1.1 Prelims Exam Pattern – RRB PO & Clerk
|Name of Tests||No. of Ques.||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|Reasoning||40||40||Composite time of 45 minutes|
Note: Candidates (for both posts) have to qualify in both the tests by securing minimum cut-off. An adequate number of candidates in each category, depending upon requirements, will be shortlisted for Online Main Examination.
Let’s have a look at a few important tips for preparing for the prelims exam.
2. IBPS RRB Preparation Strategy – Section-wise
2.1 Reasoning Section
- Now this section tests your logical reasoning abilities i.e. ability to think in a logical and sensible way. There will question of topics such as Blood Relations, Coding-decoding, Alphanumeric Series, Order and ranking, Seating arrangement, Puzzles, etc.
- Practice a sufficient number of questions of all types and be thorough with each one of them. You can practice questions using online websites as well as topic tests available.
- Try to solve 4-5 seating arrangement type and Puzzle type questions daily so as to have a grip over them and have sufficient practice.
- Take up a sectional test once in every 2 to 3 days so as to practice the entire section and know your weakness in it.
- After taking up the test, while analyzing the test, solve each type of question again so as to know the correct way to solve it.
- If you feel that you need assistance in any of the topics in the Reasoning Ability section, you can always refer expert faculty videos to help you a way out in solving various different types of questions. Take a Free Oliveboard RRB Scale I Officer Mock Test
2.2 Quantitative Aptitude Section
- The first and the foremost thing to do for this section will be getting your basics right and clear. For those with strong mathematical abilities, it would not be much difficult as, for them, it is about practicing a variety of different questions, and then attempting a good number of mock tests will do.
- But for those whose fundamentals are not clear, then you are advised to get it done by using online platforms.
- Attempting daily quizzes would be a very good idea as it would help you brush up your basics as well as increase your speed and problem-solving capabilities.
- First of all, take up a sectional test and try to understand your strengths and weakness in the Quantitative Aptitude section.
- The analytics part will tell you exactly where you were good and what type of questions need special attention. This test will serve a diagnostic attempt for you.
- Prelims Exam is all about your speed and accuracy. How accurate you are and how speedily you could solve a particular question will ultimately decide your fate.
- Work extensively on your calculations and by that we mean you must be in a habit of solving a question within least time. Learn all the formulas of topics covered in the syllabus. Practice some mental calculation tricks from the youtube channel.
- If you are still not thorough with the Quants Basic, you can start by watching Oliveboard’s Expert Faculty videos for your clarity of concept.
- These days practice a lot of questions from the topics given in the syllabus so that you develop speed and accuracy both and be able to solve any question thrown at you.
- Try and solve 3-4 Data Interpretation questions regularly because DI questions consume quite a lot of time and are asked in prelims as well as the main examination.
- You can also practice using Topic Tests which are available for most topics of Quants syllabus in different levels of difficulty i.e. Level 1, Level 2, and Level 3. You can take up level 1 questions at the beginning and gradually move on to level 3 questions.
- Here for prelims, it is again advised to choose the questions wisely because at the end of the day it is not about how adept you are in Mathematics but about increasing your score with accuracy.
3. IBPS RRB Preparation Strategy – Some General Tips
Aspirants often prepare for prelims and mains separately. As a very small amount of time is available after the prelims, the preparation should go hand in hand from the very beginning.
- Since there are no sectional time limits, taking mock tests will help you determine an exam-attempt strategy that helps you maximize your scores.
- Taking mock tests will also ensure that you know what your strengths and weaknesses are. This also goes a long way in boosting your scores as it equips you to play on your strengths
- Taking Mock Tests is the best way to familiarize yourself with the test. Oliveboard’s mock tests are designed in the latest pattern and are extremely close to the actual test. Practicing these helps you put yourself at ease and thus cut down on exam stress and last-minute jitters.
4. IBPS RRB Exam Preparation – Complete Online Course
Now having got the tips and tricks to prepare for the exam, the next very important thing is guidance. Guidance from experts will help you master the topics and practice more effectively.
Get to interact with faculties in Live class, get video lessons, doubt sessions, practice tests, and more with Oliveboard’s IBPS RRB 2020 Course.
Here’s what all is included in the course:
– Live Video & Audio Interaction with the faculty
– 20+ Hours of Doubt Cum Revision Classes
– 20 Prelims + 10 Mains Mock Tests for IBPS RRB Asst.
– 20 Prelims + 10 Mains Mock Tests for IBPS RRB Officer
– 90 Sectional Tests for Prelims & Mains
– Topic + GK Tests + 200 E-books
– Special test-taking strategy sessions
This course will cover every aspect of preparation starting from basics to building concepts to practicing to strategizing your preparations. Get the best guidance from some of the top faculty of the country
Click Here & Enrol For the IBPS RRB 2020 Course Now
That brings us to the end of this article on IBPS RRB Preparations. We hope the tips and tricks shared here helps you in planning your prep. Enroll Now for IBPS RRB Complete Course 2020 and get expert guidance for your exam preparations. Interact with faculty and get your queries answered.
- All New SBI PO 2021 Selection Batch: Join Now
- IB ACIO Tier 2 – Descriptive English Crash Course – Join Now
- यहाँ पर नि: शुल्क उत्तर प्रदेश पुलिस एसआई मॉक टेस्ट के लिए रजिस्टर करें
- Join SBI Clerk Selection Batch: Live Classes, Practice Sessions & Mock Tests
- Mission SSC CGL 2020-21 Crash Course + Test Series: Join Now
- JK Bank Mains – Crash Course + Mock Tests – Join Now