Chalking out a preparation plan and then sticking to it and following it religiously serves half the purpose. While the other half requires practice by taking Mock Tests. This completes your preparation and makes you Exam-Ready. With the recent announcement of IBPS RRB for PO & Office assistant recruitment, it is now high time to get on with your IBPS RRB Preparations.
As the dates for the prelims exam is announced, it is suggested to start your preparations at the earliest. Be exam-ready before the exam. And to help you do that, we have brought this article where we will share with IBPS RRB Preparation Strategy for PO (Scale 1) & Clerk.
- IBPS RRB Preparation 2021 – Selection Procedure
- How To Prepare For IBPS RRB 2021?
- IBPS RRB Preparation Strategy – Section-wise Tips For Prelims
- IBPS RRB Preparation Strategy – Some General Tips
- Tips To Crack IBPS RRB Exam By Toppers
- IBPS RRB Exam Preparation – Complete Online Course
Latest Update | IBPS RRB 2021
IBPS RRB Clerk (PET) admit card is expected soon. The admit card for IBPS RRB pre-exam training was expected on July 9 at the official website that is ibps.in but is delayed for now. IBPS in its official notice said, “the pre-exam training will only be held if it is safe and possible to conduct it due to the COVID-19 situation”. “Pre-Examination Training may be arranged by the Regional Rural Banks to a limited number of candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribes/ Minority Communities/ Ex-Servicemen/ Persons With Benchmark Disabilities for the Post of Office Assistant (Multipurpose) and Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribes/ Minority Communities for the Post of Officer Scale-I at some centers,” the notification added.
Some of the exam centers will be Warangal, Anantapur, Naharlagun (Papumpare), Guwahati, Ajmer, Raibareilly, Guntur, Raipur, Gandhinagar, Srinagar, Lucknow, Mandi, Jammu, Ranchi, Varanasi, Patna, Imphal, Jodhpur, Shillong, Aizawl, Kohima, Indore, Bhubaneshwar, Salem, Howrah, Moradabad, Puducherry, Ludhiana, Gorakhpur, Rohtak, Rajkot, Hyderabad, Agartala, Muzaffarpur, Dehradun, and Nagpur.
IBPS RRB PET: Important Dates
- Training is likely to begin on- 19 July 2021
- Training likely to end on- 25 July 2021
IBPS RRB Preparation 2021 – Selection Procedure
The selection procedure of IBPS RRB PO & Assistant is almost similar, with an extra interview round in RRB PO selection.
The prelims and mains exam pattern for IBPS RRB PO (Scale 1) & Office Assistant is similar. Let’s have a look at the exam pattern first to get an understanding.
Prelims Exam Pattern – RRB PO & Clerk
|Name of Tests||No. of Ques.||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|Reasoning||40||40||Composite time of 45 minutes|
Note: Candidates (for both posts) have to qualify in both the tests by securing minimum cut-off. An adequate number of candidates in each category, depending upon requirements, will be shortlisted for Online Main Examination.
Let’s have a look at a few important tips for preparing for the prelims exam.
How To Prepare For IBPS RRB 2021?
Below are a few tips on how to prepare for IBPS RRB 2021 exam that will help candidates to clear the exam in one go.
(i) Create a Study Plan: Preparing a timetable at home will help you with a study plan. Spending an entire day trying to solve similar questions or studying the same topic will not help you progress any further. Dedicate the bulk of your study time to your weak points. Start your day with the daily schedule and make sure you revise what you have studied when you end your session. This way, the lessons, and information will be ingrained in your mind.
(ii) Practice Mock Tests: Mock Tests will be your greatest help to prepare for a competitive exam. Understand which section or topic needs your attention, which topic is a weak point for you.
(iii) Analyze the Mock Tests: Attempting a mock test alone will not suffice your purpose. Devote enough time analyzing each question to understand what went wrong and what were your correct attempts.
(iv) Time Management: Manage your time to improve your overall score in the long run. Give enough time to the section you face the most difficulty in and a substantial amount of time to your stronger areas.
(v) Revision of Learned Concepts: One of the most important steps to follow is revision. This will help you retain the formulas, logic, tricks, you have learned so far. Pen down the important formulas and topics for a quick revision.
IBPS RRB Preparation Strategy – Section-wise Tips For Prelims
IBPS RRB Reasoning Preparation Strategy
- Now this section tests your logical reasoning abilities i.e. ability to think in a logical and sensible way. There will question on topics such as Blood Relations, Coding-decoding, Alphanumeric Series, Order and ranking, Seating arrangement, Puzzles, etc.
- Practice a sufficient number of questions of all types and be thorough with each one of them. You can practice questions using online websites as well as topic tests available.
- Try to solve 4-5 seating arrangement type and Puzzle type questions daily so as to have a grip over them and have sufficient practice.
- Take up a sectional test once every 2 to 3 days so as to practice the entire section and know your weakness in it.
- After taking up the test, while analyzing the test, solve each type of question again so as to know the correct way to solve it.
- If you feel that you need assistance in any of the topics in the Reasoning Ability section, you can always refer to expert faculty videos to help you a way out in solving various different types of questions. Take a Free Oliveboard RRB Scale I Officer Mock Test
IBPS RRB Quantitative Aptitude Preparation Strategy
- The first and foremost thing to do for this section will be getting your basics right and clear. For those with strong mathematical abilities, it would not be much difficult as, for them, it is about practicing a variety of different questions, and then attempting a good number of mock tests will do.
- But for those whose fundamentals are not clear, then you are advised to get it done by using online platforms.
- Attempting daily quizzes would be a very good idea as it would help you brush up on your basics as well as increase your speed and problem-solving capabilities.
- First of all, take up a sectional test and try to understand your strengths and weakness in the Quantitative Aptitude section.
- The analytics part will tell you exactly where you were good and what type of questions need special attention. This test will serve a diagnostic attempt for you.
- Prelims Exam is all about your speed and accuracy. How accurate you are and how speedily you could solve a particular question will ultimately decide your fate.
- Work extensively on your calculations and by that we mean you must be in a habit of solving a question within the least time. Learn all the formulas of topics covered in the syllabus. Practice some mental calculation tricks from the youtube channel.
- If you are still not thorough with the Quants Basic, you can start by watching Oliveboard’s Expert Faculty videos for your clarity of concept.
- These days practice a lot of questions from the topics given in the syllabus so that you develop speed and accuracy and be able to solve any question thrown at you.
- Try and solve 3-4 Data Interpretation questions regularly because DI questions consume quite a lot of time and are asked in prelims as well as the main examination.
- You can also practice using Topic Tests which are available for most topics of Quants syllabus in different levels of difficulty i.e. Level 1, Level 2, and Level 3. You can take up level 1 questions at the beginning and gradually move on to level 3 questions.
- Here for prelims, it is again advised to choose the questions wisely because at the end of the day it is not about how adept you are in Mathematics but about increasing your score with accuracy.
IBPS RRB Preparation Strategy – Some General Tips
Aspirants often prepare for prelims and mains separately. As a very small amount of time is available after the prelims, the preparation should go hand in hand from the very beginning.
- Since there are no sectional time limits, taking mock tests will help you determine an exam-attempt strategy that helps you maximize your scores.
- Taking mock tests will also ensure that you know what your strengths and weaknesses are. This also goes a long way in boosting your scores as it equips you to play on your strengths
- Taking Mock Tests is the best way to familiarize yourself with the test. Oliveboard’s mock tests are designed in the latest pattern and are extremely close to the actual test. Practicing these helps you put yourself at ease and thus cut down on exam stress and last-minute jitters.
How To Prepare For Bank Exams? Read The Complete Blog Below
Tips To Crack IBPS RRB Exam By Toppers
|Toppers||Tips To Fellow Aspirants|
|Aman Srivastava (Cleared IBPPS RRB PO 2020)||Never lose hope. Always focus on your goal and always stick to your plan. Never change your strategy and just believe in yourself. Keep calm and stay away from negative things. Spend more and more time with your family because family always stands with you no matter what the situation is. Keep practicing and keep smiling. Read Complete Success Story Here|
|Sutapa Roy (Cleared IBPS RRB PO 2020)||I want to say, just keep patience and never give up. Firstly, I sincerely suggest everyone to make a proper daily schedule covering all subjects. I used to prepare for 8-9 hrs every day. Gave priority to each section. Trust me, the schedule you prepare will remind you what you have to do next and definitely push you close to your dream. Read Complete Success Story Here|
|Pronab Banik (Cleared IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1)||Just one thing, you can do it only if you really want to do it! There will be failures, obstacles, competition will increase day by day but you have to leave all these behind and start thinking that whatever it takes, I will do it. It may take time but it will come to you after all. And above all, always stay happy and never doubt yourself if you know you are doing the right for a better future. Read Complete Success Story Here|
|Karan Pratap Singh | Cleared IBPS RRB PO 2020||Never think that you can’t. You can and you will. Once you let doubt settle in, it is nearly impossible to let go. Do not, I repeat do not go browsing through hundreds of YouTube channels. Keep your sources limited. The competition is getting ruthless out there and only the banking sector keeps its recruitment timely and fast. Choose wisely. Read Complete Success Story Here|
|Success Story of Shikhar Dwivedi (Cleared IBPS RRB Officer Scale)||Just study, the job is yours. Don’t focus on just 1 exam, prepare for all. Study and study, that’s it. Motivation comes from within, don’t find it in someone else. Read Complete Success Story Here|
|Mansi Arora (Cleared IBPS RRB PO 2020)||Free videos and quizzes of Oliveboard really helped me. I heard a lot about Oliveboard from other aspirants but for my first attempt, I wanted to give it a try without any course to see where I stand on my own. Read Complete Success Story Here|
|Ashutosh Shukla (Cleared IBPS RRB PO 2020)||Practice Practice and Practice is a success mantra for banking exams as it requires speed, knowledge, and accuracy. Firstly by giving mock tests, get to know your weak area and work on them, and again practice. Follow one source and then if time permits explore different sources and add knowledge. After all, practice makes a man perfect. Read Complete Success Story Here|
|Sagar Mehra (Cleared RRB Clerk and Officer Scale 1)||Planning, Practice, and Perseverance are the most imp things that are required to get success. Focus on accuracy rather than attempts in Mock Tests. Just do your work and don’t focus on results. Read Complete Success Story Here|
|Sohini Banerjee (Cleared IBPS RRB OA 2020)||I would like to thank Oliveboard for bringing me the confidence that helped me to crack the exams and get selected. And for the candidates, I’ll say, never ever lose hope. Failure is the part of the success and that makes us stronger. All the best. Read Complete Success Story Here|
IBPS RRB Exam Preparation – Complete Online Course
Now having got the tips and tricks to prepare for the exam, the next very important thing is guidance. Guidance from experts will help you master the topics and practice more effectively.
Get to interact with faculties in Live class, get video lessons, doubt sessions, practice tests, and more with Oliveboard’s IBPS RRB 2021Course – IBPS RRB 2021 Selection.
Learn Faster and Improve your score with Oliveboard’s IBPS RRB Selection Batch.
At the end of this course, you should be able to:
a. Solve questions faster by up to 35%
b. Improve scores in your exam by 16 marks
c. Devise your ideal Exam strategy to ace IBPS RRB PO Exam
d. Improve your accuracy by up to 59%
|Number of Live classes||100+|
|Number of Live Practice Sessions (LPS)||30+|
|Number of Concept Videos||150+|
|Number of Full-length Mock Tests||40 IBPS RRB PO & Clerk Prelims Tests + 20 IBPS RRB PO & Clerk Mains Test|
|Number of Sectional Tests||60|
|Number of Topic Tests||99|
|Medium of Instruction||English|
|Course Start date||14th June 2021|
|PDF Notes for Live Classes||Yes, will be provided after Live Class|
|Validity||Until IBPS RRB PO 2021|
|Other Highlights||– You will also receive complimentary access to the Special Mains Batch after release of the prelims result.|
– Special Introduction & Previous Year Paper sessions
– Special Current Affairs provided by Aditya Sir each Month
– Special Sessions on Hindi Language along with English
This course will cover every aspect of preparation starting from basics to building concepts to practicing to strategizing your preparations. Get the best guidance from some top faculty of the country.
That brings us to the end of this article on IBPS RRB Preparations. We hope the tips and tricks shared here helps you in planning your prep. Enroll Now for IBPS RRB Selection Batch and get expert guidance for your exam preparations. Interact with faculty and get your queries answered.
Read More IBPS RRB Blogs Here:
You can download 200+ ebooks important for SSC, Banking, Railway, Insurance, and other government exams here.
Oliveboard Bolt series E-books:
- Oliveboard Bolt – General Awareness
- Bolt – Monthly Current Affairs PDF
- Banking Bolt – Free E-book for Banking Awareness
- Economy Bolt – Free E-book for Economy
Based on the difficulty level for both PO & Clerk we have brought you a complete preparation strategy for IBPS RRB exam. Find Complete IBPS Preparation strategy here.
Many aspirants have cleared IBPS RRB PO & Clerk exam with only 6 months of preparation.
With mock tests you need to build up your concepts and for that you need proper guidance from a faculty. So, you should join online course also.
You need to practice & solve both mock tests and previous year IBPS RRB papers.