J&K Services Selection Board (JKSSB) Class IV written exam is scheduled on 27, 28 February 2021 & 01 March 2021. Candidates can now download the JKSSB Class IV Admit card. With less than a week left of the exam, we are here with JKSSB Class IV preparation and quick revision strategy. You can also Check Detailed Information about the recruitment here as well. So let’s get started.
JKSSB Class IV Exam Pattern
JKSSB Class IV exam is scheduled on 27th February, 28th February & 1st March 2021. To help candidates get a clear picture of the syllabus and exam pattern here is a table.
JKSSB Class IV exam pattern notified by JKSSB is –
|General Awareness and Science||40|
The complete Syllabus for JKSSB Class IV Examination is-
JKSSB Class IV Detailed Syllabus
Basis Mathematics consists of 20 Marks in the JKSSB Class IV Exam and the topics are as follows.
- Time, Work and Distance
- Ration and Proportions
- Problem of Age
- LCM, HCF
Basis Reasoning also consists of 20 Marks in the JKSSB Class IV Exam and the topics are as follows.
- Relationship concepts
- Figure odd one out
- Direct Sense
- Figure Series completion
- Venn Diagram
- Number series
Basis English carries 20 Marks in the JKSSB Class IV Exam and the topics are as follows.
- Reading comprehension
General Awareness and Science has the maximum weightage in the JKSSB Class IV exam and carries 40 Marks. Important topics covered in this section are –
- General current events (National Level)
- India culture
- India history
- Indian geography
- General Science
- Health, Hygiene and Sanitation
- Geography of Jammu and Kashmir
- Culture of Jammu and Kashmir
- History of Jammu and Kashmir
JKSSB Class IV Preparation Strategy
We suggest you keep your preparation material minimum. Buying and referring to too many books will only end up confusing you. Therefore, we recommend the following study material:
- Online video lectures or the book Modern Approach to Verbal and Non-verbal reasoning by R.S. Agarwal: To learn the concepts and solve sample questions.
- JKSSB Class IV Mock Tests in latest pattern: Mock tests will help you:
- Know your standing & analyze your performance
- Determine your speed & accuracy
- Identify your strong & weak areas
Refer to your preparation material (books/video lectures) and learn the concepts. After completing each chapter, solve 15-20 examples given in books like R.S. Agarwal (contains many examples of each concept). It’s a good idea to make a timetable, allotting time for each section and sticking to it.
Dedicate at least 3-4 hours for Reasoning every day. Focus more on the verbal reasoning. Not down the solutions shown in the books/video lectures and see which is the shortest way you can solve the question.
If your fundamentals in math are in place, i.e., if you scored well in math in 8th, 9th and 10th grades, you can allot 20 hours for the Quant section in the last week. If you need to brush up on your basics before moving to advanced concepts, give it 30 hours. If you’re average in Math, allot 25 hours per week.
Practice at least 15 questions from every topic per day. This should take you about 3 to 4 hours per day. Refer to the NCERT Mathematics books of 8th, 9th and 10th grades (selected chapters). SSC CGL Quant are based on these basic concepts so you need to have a good command over them.
Practicing Mock Tests is the best way to test your preparation. Attempt JKSSB Class IV English Sectional Mock Test provided on Oliveboard. This will provide you the actual exam-like scenario and on the exam day, you will see the difference it has made in your preparation.
And if you are scoring less in the mocks, it is never too late to start from scratch. Go through basic grammar rules – trust us they are not many that you cannot learn or revise. Grab the Best English Language Book for exam preparation and go through it!
General Awareness and Science
General Awareness includes current affairs, internal affairs, Indian and JK History, Geography, Culture, and General Science. Here at Oliveboard, we have curated ebooks to cover each of these topics. Download the ebooks and revise them on a daily basis. You can skip parts which you already know and save a lot of time.
JKSSB Class IV Exam Preparation Tips
When you are preparing for a paper, planning your preparation is a must. Here are a few tips by which you can efficiently assess your prep and improve over time.
i) Practice Mock Tests: Mock Tests will be your greatest help to prepare for competitive exam. Understand which section or topic needs your attention, which topic is a weak point for you.
ii) Analyze the Mock Tests: Attempting a mock test alone will not suffice your purpose. Devote enough time analyzing each question to understand what went wrong and what were your correct attempts.
iii) Time Management: Manage your time to improve your overall score in the long run. Give enough time to the section you face the most difficulty in and a substantial amount of time to your stronger areas.
iv) Revision of Learned Concepts: One of the most important steps to follow is the revision. This will help you retain the formulas, logic, tricks, current affairs, you have learned so far. Pen down the important formulas and topics for a quick revision towards.
v) Keep a regular check on the Current Affairs: Current Affairs are not something that can be hogged overnight. Give special attention to the J&K current affairs as they could be the highlights in the exam.
That is all we have for the blog JKSSB Class IV Preparation Strategy. We wish all aspirants good luck and hope this blog is helpful to you.
What Do We Have In Cart For You?
Free Static GK E-book – More Study Materials
- Free GK Ebook – List of CMs, Governors, and CJIs (June– 2020)
- Important Summits and Conferences 2018 – Free Current Affairs Ebook
- Free Static GK Ebook – Indian Constitution –Parts, Fundamental Rights and Schedules
- Static GK Free Ebook – List of Bharat Ratna Award winners in pdf
You can download 200+ ebooks important for SSC, Banking, Railway, Insurance, and other government exams here.
Recommended Free Downloads
- Bolt – Monthly Current Affairs PDF | Free GK eBook Download
- Weekly Current Affairs MCQs Week 9, 2021 | Download PDF
- Free RBI Grade B Study Material 2021 – Download PDF eBooks Here.
- Golden Globe Award Winners | 78th Golden Globe 2021
- 500 Important One Word Substitutions – Free English E-book
- Important Synonyms and Antonyms Asked In Previous Year SSC Exams
- यहाँ पर नि: शुल्क उत्तर प्रदेश पुलिस एसआई मॉक टेस्ट के लिए रजिस्टर करें
- Join SBI Clerk Selection Batch: Live Classes, Practice Sessions & Mock Tests
- Mission SSC CGL 2020-21 Online Course + Test Series: Join Now
- Join SSC CHSL 2021 Crash Course for Complete Exam Practice
- JK Bank Mains – Crash Course + Mock Tests – Join Now
- ECGC PO 2021 – Kickstart your preparation with a Free Mock Test