The SSC Combined Higher Secondary (10+2) Level (SSC CHSL) is a nationwide exam conducted for the recruitment to the posts of Lower Division Clerk (LDC), Data Entry Operator (DEO), Postal Assistants / Sorting Assistants (PA / SA) in various central government departments and ministries. Here, we bring to you section-wise preparation tips for the upcoming SSC CHSL 2021 exam. Let’s have a glance through the exam pattern first.
SSC CHSL 2021 – Tier I Exam Pattern
SSC CHSL Preparation Tips (Section-Wise)
Topics like Spot the Error, Cloze Passage, Reading Comprehension, Idioms & Phrases, Active/Passive voice of verbs etc will be included in this section. The best way to tackle English is by getting a clear understanding of basic grammar rules.
- Tip 1: Read English Newspaper every day to improve your vocabulary
- Tip 2: Play word games and word search puzzles
- Tip 3: Go through all basics of grammar and maintain notes of grammar rules
- High School English Grammar and Composition by Wren and Martin
- Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis
This includes questions of both verbal and non-verbal type. This section is usually time-consuming. You need to watch your accuracy as well as speed for this section. One of the best ways is to categorize question types based on the difficulty levels. You can categorize into simple, medium, and complex. It is advisable to use this categorization even while attempting mocks so that you can identify your strength and get used to the types of questions.
- Tip 1: Practice different kinds of questions
- Tip 2: Focus on high scoring topics
- Tip 3: Practice 100s of puzzles
- Analytical Reasoning by M.K. Pandey
- A Modern Approach to Verbal and Non-verbal Reasoning by R. S. Aggarwal
This section will include topics like Arithmetic, Number Systems, Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, etc. To ace this section, one needs to brush up and improve their basic arithmetic skills. Speed plays an important role in this section. To improve your speed, you can follow the below tips.
- Tip 1: Memorize Multiplication tables up to 25
- Tip 2: Remember the list of squares and cubes from 1 to 25
- Tip 3: Learn the common percentages and their fractional & decimal equivalents
- NCERT 7th to 10th Standard books
- Fast Track Objective Arithmetic by Rajesh Verma
Questions are designed to test the candidate’s general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society. Questions are also designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of an educated person.
- Tip 1: Analyze previous year question papers
- Tip 2: Read newspapers regularly
- Manorama Yearbook 2020-21
- Lucent’s GK Book
DOWNLOAD THE OLIVEBOARD APP FOR ON-THE-GO EXAM PREPARATION
- Video Lessons, Textual Lessons & Notes
- Topic Tests covering all topics with detailed solutions
- Sectional Tests for QA, DI, EL, LR
- All India Mock Tests for performance analysis and all India percentile
- General Knowledge (GK) Tests
Free videos, free mock tests, and free GK tests to evaluate course content before signing up!
SSC CHSL 2021 Preparation
As the SSC CHSL 2021 exam is going to be conducted Online, candidates have to be thorough with the Online Test Interface. On Oliveboard, you’ll find Mock tests based on the latest pattern and of varying difficulty levels to help you practice all possible types of questions. The Analytics feature will help you analyze your performance in real-time, clearly specifying your strong and weak sections and question types through Expert’s Analysis, along with the live scores and Ranking.