The full form of TISSNET is the Tata Institute Of Social Sciences National Entrance Test. TISSNET is conducted by the Tata Institute Of Social Sciences (TISS).TISS was founded in 1936. TISS is one of the oldest institutes in Asia to offer courses in social sciences. TISSNET exam takes place every year, and nearly 40,000 candidates appear for the exam. This exam is held at more than 100 centres in 39 cities across India. TISSNET is a computer-based test (CBT) for all the master’s programs offered by different campuses of TISS. TISSNET Exam Preparation strategy is very much important to crack the exam.
Table of Contents
Important Dates For TISSNET Exam Preparation
Candidates must be aware of important dates
|Application form start date||1 December 2021|
|Application form close date||15 January 2022|
|Last date of receipt of application form by post||20 January 2022|
|Admit card issue date||1 February 2022|
|Exam date||12 February 2022|
2 PM to 3:40 PM
Facts About TISSNET Exam
Following are the facts about the TISSNET exam.
|TISSNET Conducting Body||Tata Institute Of Social Sciences (TISS)|
|Type Of Exam||National Level Entrance Test|
|Purpose Of Exam||Admission To Various Programs Offered By TISS|
|Mode Of Exam||Computer-Based|
|No. Of Questions||100 Questions|
|Time Duration Of Exam||100 Minutes|
|Types Of Questions||MCQ|
|Section Of Exam||1 English Proficiency|
2 Mathematics And Logical Reasoning
3 General Awareness
|One Programme||General- Rs 1030|
|Two Programme||General – Rs 2060|
Sc/St- Rs 520
The eligibility criteria for applying in TISSNET is-
- To become eligible for TISSNET, the candidate must have passed the Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized university.
- TISSNET Eligibility does not require 50% or above marks in bachelor’s degree,
- TISSNET Exam Eligibility Criteria for TISS requires that you must have obtained a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 3 years duration or its equivalent (under the 10+2+3 or 10+2+4 or 10+2+2+1 year bridge course pattern of study or any other pattern fulfilling the mandatory requirements of 15 years formal education) from a recognized university. This is also the minimum TISSNET eligibility requirement to apply for the TISSNET exam.
- Eligibility, determined based on information provided in the application, will be used for the final selection process. If the information provided by a candidate is found to be incorrect or misleading at any point in time, the Institute will summarily cancel their candidature/admission. The Institute shall also reserve the right to take any legal action deemed fit for any such act of misrepresentation or false declaration.
TISSNET Exam Preparation
Candidates preparing for TISSNET should have a proper TISSNET Exam Preparation strategy to clear the exam. TISSNET has 3 sections. Firstly candidates should note down important dates of the TISSNET exam.
|Sections||Total no. of questions||Marks allowed|
|Maths and logical reasoning||30||30|
Subject Wise TISSNET Exam Preparation Strategy
Section: General Awareness
TISSNET Exam Preparation is the most important section of TISSNET because it has maximum weightage, i.e. 40 marks. Out of 100 questions, 40 questions come from this section.
Defense, military, terrorism-related
Social studies, movements
International politics/ current events
Corporate Events and Awards
National/International Awards in Entertainment Industry
National/International Awards for Social, Environmental cause
Finance budget environment and ecology
|a. Read the newspaper daily.|
b. Thoroughly go through current affairs of the previous 10-12 months.
c. Take GK mock tests.
d. Solve past year papers
e. Watch current affairs from youtube channels.
f. Watch news channels for
knowledge on current affairs.
Books to refer to- Manorama Year Book 2022, GK Question Bank
Section: English proficiency
For TISSNET Exam Preparation, English proficiency is mainly based on vocabulary, grammar, and comprehension paragraphs.
Following are the topics covered in this section.
|1. Word substitute in a sentence|
2. Right usage of words in fill in the blanks
3. Right usage of the word in 4. Match the following
5. Sentence Correction
6. Idioms – Fill in the blank
7. Idioms – Match the following
8. Error spotting – grammar/words/ punctuation
9. Reading comprehension
|a) strengthen the grammar.|
b) Practice reading comprehension passages daily
c) Increase reading speed and concentration over long time periods.
d) Cover all the important topics
e) learn to properly use words in sentences and proper sentence formation.
f) Solve past year papers and mock test papers available on the internet.
g) Read books like -Word Power Made Easy – by Norman Lewis’Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for the CAT’ – by Nishit K Sinha
Section: Maths And Logical Reasoning
For TISSNET Exam Preparation, Maths and logical reasoning is a practical and more difficult section. Following are the subsection and topics covered under this section:
|Mathematics and Logical reasoning||Mathematics|
1. Profit and loss
3. Basic geometry
5. Speed and time
6. Ratio and proportion
7. Number series
8. Alphabet series
11. Logical connectivity
12. Eye for detail
13. Venn diagram
15. Family arrangement
16. Pie chart
17. Missing information
18. Incorrect information
19. Bar graphs
21. Multiple graphs
22. Data comparison
|a) Clear the basics of this section.|
b) Practice more questions and increase the speed.
c) Solve all past year’s question papers.
d )Attempt mock test papers available online on the internet.
e) Study thoroughly the full syllabus.
f) Candidates should learn shortcuts for calculation for fast speed.
g) Books to refer- Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT’ – by Nishit K.Sinha, Published by Pearson, Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation for the CAT’ – by Nishit K Sinha (Published by Pearson)
Tips for TISSNET Exam preparation
1. Stay calm and focused
- It is important to calmly read questions before answering. So stay relaxed to ace the exam.
- Don’t be nervous, which will increase anxiety and stress, otherwise, you might mark wrong answers.
- Staying calm will help you in calculating the correct answer, indeed once they do not know one
2. Read newspaper daily
- Making a habit of reading newspapers daily will help you to learn about Current affairs and general awareness.
- It will also help in improving vocabulary which will be an advantage for cracking personal interviews.
- You should read newspapers like HINDUSTAN TIME, THE TIMES OF INDIA, BUSINESS STANDARDS, etc.
3. Solve mock test
- Mock test papers give you a reality check of your preparation. Giving a mock test will assist you to remember the concepts and not forget things that you simply have learned and mastered.
- It will also assist you to stay revising the syllabus again whenever after you solve a mock.
- Rehearsing mock tests also increases your speed of problem-solving and helps scholars to know in which subject they are weak.
4. Balance speed and accuracy
- Since there is no negative marking in the exam, you must ensure to answer maximum questions in the given time.
- If you finish the exam early but fail to answer the questions correctly, your efforts are going to be wasted.
- imilarly, if you know all the answers but you are unable to answer within the stipulated time, it would be impossible to score high. So, maintain both fast speed and accuracy.
5. Practice daily
- Study for 6-8 hours daily without any disruption.
- Daily practice will help you to solve questions fast and correctly.
- You should keep in mind not to leave any topic even if it is so easy for you.
- Practice each and every topic whether it is easy or difficult.
6. Be flexible with your strategy
- The difficulty level of the TISSNET exam is simple to moderate. Thus, they do not need to create a rigid strategy to ace the exam.
- To start with, attempting questions from your areas of strength should be the approach in order to maximize scores in these sections and gradually move on to other questions.
- So, be flexible with your strategy and try to cover all questions.
Candidates should be well prepared for the exam day. We hope that this blog will help in TISSNET exam preparation and some tips to complete the syllabus. For any other queries, please get in touch with us at Oliveboard.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs)
TISSNET Exam Preparation is done for taking admission in all TISSNET accepting colleges.
At least 2-3 months are needed for TISSNET exam preparation.
The difficulty level of TISSNET EXAM as compared to CAT is moderate to low.
- TISSNET 2022 Analysis – Check section-wise questions
- TISSNET Last Minute tips 2022 | Prepare with Oliveboard
- 500 Static GK Questions for TISSNET 2022 | Prepare with Oliveboard
- TISSNET Study Plan 2022-1 month Plan | Prepare with Oliveboard
- TISSNET Previous Year Questions – GA | Download Free PDF
Oliveboard is a learning & practice platform for premier entrance exams. We have helped over 1 crore users since 2012 with their Bank, SSC, Railways, Insurance, Teaching and other competitive Exams preparation.
Oliveboard Live Courses & Mock Test Series