The BPSC holds the BPSC AAO Exam to recruit candidates to the Assistant Auditor Officer post. They have notified 138 vacancies for the post and out of it, around 35% are reserved for women. The commission has released a notification for BPSC AAO Eligibility along with other details such as vacancy, post, application form, and many more. It is recommended that before applying for the post, the candidate must check the eligibility criteria. There are certain minimum requirements with regard to age limit, nationality, educational qualification to apply for the post.
Key Details For BPSC AAO Eligibility
The key details with regard to BPSC AAO Eligibility are summarized in the tabular form as follows:
|Age Limit||Minimum required Age Limit – 21 years|
Maximum required Age Limit – 37 years
|Educational Qualification||A graduation degree from the accredited university with either of the subjects – Statistics, Economics, Mathematics or Commerce|
|Number of Attempts||Until the maximum Age Limit is passed|
|Nationality||Indian with some exceptions|
BPSC AAO Eligibility
The eligibility details for the BPSC AAO post as notified by the commission include information with regards to a safe limit, nationality, educational qualification. The details about the same are discussed below:
- Age Limit
The age limit for the general category of the candidates is notified by the commission as:
- Minimum required Age Limit – 21 years
- Maximum required Age Limit – 37 years
- Maximum required Age Limit for the Women candidates – 40 years
However, there is certain relaxation for the upper age for certain categories of candidates that are mentioned below:
|Category||Upper Age relaxation|
|Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes||5 years (21 – 42 years)|
|OBC||5 Years (21 – 42 years)|
|Wives of such military officers who have been disabled while in service||5 Years (21 – 42 years)|
|Unmarried Women||5 Years (21 – 42 years)|
|Ex-servicemen||5 Years (21 – 42 years)|
- Educational Qualification
To be eligible for the BPSC AAO post a certain minimum educational qualification is required as mentioned below:
- The candidate should be a graduate degree holder from an accredited university in any of the subjects from Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, or Commerce.
- To be eligible, a candidate can also hold a degree in CA, ICWA, CS, or MBA (Finance).
To enhance the educational qualification for the BPSC AAO examination, candidates can improve themselves by studying relevant books and reading material.
The candidate should be from the following categories to meet the BPSC AAO Eligibility criteria:
- An Indian Citizen
- A subject from Bhutan or Nepal
- A refugee from Tibet who has migrated to India before 1st January 1962 and intends to settle here permanently.
- Indian origin candidate who has permanently migrated to India from Vietnam, Ethiopia, Zaire, Malawi, Zambia, United Republic of Tanzania, Uganda, East African countries of Kenya, Srilanka, Burma, and Pakistan.
- Number of Attempts
The Bihar Public Service Commission has not specified any limitation on the number of attempts to apply for the examination of the BPSC assistant audit officer post. So until the candidates reach the upper age limit as specified for the post, they can keep on giving the exams. However, it is recommended to thoroughly study the syllabus as notified for the BPSC audit assistant officer examination. This would help in preventing the number of attempts and assist in qualifying for the exam with flying colours.
There is no prior experience required to be eligible for appearing in the BPSC AAO examination. The commission has also not notified of any restriction with regards to the experience for BPSC AAO Eligibility. The candidates are required to have the educational degree as notified for educational qualification.
Key Takeaways For BPSC AAO Eligibility Criteria
Every minute detail with regards to BPSC AAO Eligibility criteria is notified and displayed on the official website. It is recommended for aspiring candidates to thoroughly follow the instructions and guidelines as mentioned on the website for applying for the BPSC AAO post.
Some of the points to be noted are mentioned below:
- The application forms of only those candidates who fulfil the minimum required criteria would be termed as valid.
- Only such candidates who have passed the eligibility criteria will be issued admit cards.
- The candidate should produce the original documents for the verification of credentials such as qualification, age, and others as mentioned in the application form. Any unauthorized or fake documents would lead to invalidity of the form and also penal action.
- It is recommended that the candidates should have a basic knowledge of the local language.
- Before applying for the BPSC AAO post, the candidate should also go through the job profile requirements and salary details to be updated with the same.
- In case the aspiring candidate is not able to produce the educational proof for age verification, then alternative documents such as birth certificates can also be produced for verification.
Frequently Asked Questions
The age limit for being eligible for the BPSC AAO post as prescribed is 21 years to 37 years for general category men. There is certain relaxation provided for upper age relaxation to a certain category of aspiring candidates.
The official notification for the BPSC AAO Eligibility does not ask for any prior experience to apply for the post.
The BPSC AAO Eligibility criteria are published on the official website of the BPSC through notification with regards to the same.
The candidates who have qualified CA, CS, ICWA, or MBA (Finance) can also apply for the BPSC AAO post apart from the graduate degree holders.
It is expected that the BPSC AAO examination will be held in July or August month of 2021.
- BPSC AAO Application Form- Overview, Application Form and Fee
- BPSC AAO Answer Key- Overview, Process, Calculation
- BPSC AAO Eligibility- Key Details, Eligibility, and Takeaways
- BPSC AAO Result- Details, Merit List, and Cut Off Marks
- BPSC AAO Exam Date- Overview, Exam Date And Other Important Dates
Oliveboard is a learning & practice platform for premier entrance exams. We have helped over 1 crore users since 2012 with their Bank, SSC, Railways, Insurance, Teaching and other competitive Exams preparation.