In this blog, we will be discussing complete ICMR Exam preparation, ranging from the
exam pattern, to the topics, asked in them and ending it with how to prepare for those subsections, with more focus on the latter ones i.e. section-wise preparation strategy for ICMR Assistant Exam.
The details of subjects, marks and number of questions (MCQ) subject-wise will be as given below.
|Part||Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Total Duration|
|A||General Intelligence||20||20||80 minutes|
As we can see from the exam pattern that every section is given equal weightage (one-fourth of the total), so, it would be imperative to focus on every section of the exam with equal focus.
How to prepare for various sections of ICMR exam
The syllabus is similar to the reasoning section asked in SSC. One can practise different types of questions asked in this section to get a grasp of it. The most important thing to crack this section is to practise, practise and more practise. Get yourself familiar with different types of reasoning questions asked and practise them till one gets mastery over it. Online materials for SSC pertaining to Reasoning section will be of immense help in this regard.
- Topics in this section can be broadly divided into: Verbal and Non-verbal reasoning.
- Unlike the quantitative aptitude section, there is no particular formula to ace logical reasoning question. One needs to practise in order to get hold of a particular sub-section of the topic.
- The more familiar one gets, the easier it will be for you to attempt questions from this section with 100 per cent accuracy.
- This section needs to be prepared keeping in mind environment and its application to the society, as the focus would be on this section.
- Last 6 months to 1 year of current affairs needs to be prepared thoroughly.
- This can be done by preparing notes out of newspaper, referring to GK capsule (monthly BOLT series) and revising them regularly, so that they are fresh in our memory and can be recalled in the examination, when required.
Quantitative Aptitude: This section includes basis Arithmetic, Geometry and Mensuration similar to the ones asked in SSC CGL Tier II examination. Constant practise along with revision of formulas, shortcuts go a long way in cracking this particular section.
- Get yourself familiarise with the syllabus and clear out the concepts of different topics of the syllabus.
- Sort out the topics based on your strengths and weaknesses.
- Practise weaker areas while revising the strong areas as well simultaneously, so that one doesn’t miss out on sitters even if it’s from one’s weak areas. This will also help in managing time
- Make notes of important formulas, shortcuts, which will help one get a gist of the entire topic in one go and also while revising in the final stages of the preparation.
- The topics in this section can be broadly divided into two categories.
Grammar-based Questions (Error Spotting, Fill in the blanks, Phrase Replacement etc.)
Reading Comprehension based Questions (RCs, Parajumbles, Cloze Test etc.)
- Keep revising grammar concepts to get a hold over them, which will come in handy for solving questions based on error spotting, phrase replacement, fill in the blanks etc.
- Practise reading comprehension on a daily basis (minimum of 2 passages per day) from a variety of genres. It will not only help to increase your reading speed but also significantly improve your comprehension abilities/skills. The skills acquired here will come in handy in Parajumbles and Cloze Test too.
Last, but not the least, attempt mocks to get a feel of the actual examination scenario. Analyse those mock and keep building on the. Keep practising and all the best!
- ICMR Assistant Quantitative Aptitude Preparation Strategy
- ICMR Assistant Admit Card 2020 Out @icmr.nic.in | Download Now
- ICMR Assistant General Intelligence Preparation Strategy
- Complete Preparation Strategy for ICMR
- How to prepare English for ICMR
- IBPS Clerk 2021 Mock Test: Attempt Now
- IBPS PO 2021 Mock Test: Attempt Now
- SBI PO 2021 – Attempt Free Mock Test Here
- यहाँ पर नि: शुल्क UP पुलिस एसआई मॉक टेस्ट के लिए रजिस्टर करें
- यहाँ पर नि: शुल्क राजस्थान Gram Sevak मॉक टेस्ट के लिए रजिस्टर करें
- यहाँ पर नि: शुल्क UP Lekhpal मॉक टेस्ट के लिए रजिस्टर करें