We all have been waiting for RRB NTPC Exam 2019. As mentioned in the official notification, the exam is scheduled to be held tentatively between June-September, hence, it is time that we should quickly wrap up our preparation and focus more on revising and improving the areas we are weak at. With so many vacancies and number of applicants, the competition is going to be tough and clearing it in one go will not be a cake walk unless you have some sure shot strategy for it. Here we’ll be providing you RRB NTPC Preparation Tips so that you can devise your strategy around it and start approaching the exam in a planned way. And it can happen only through hard-work, dedication and perseverance. To help you more, we have also created RRB NTPC 20 Days Study Plan highlighting all the important topics that you need to cover before the exam. Remember that preparation and practice must go hand in hand. Start by taking an RRB NTPC Free Mock Test on Oliveboard, go through its analysis given in the end and accordingly plan your strategy on how to improve in weak areas. So, let’s get the ball rolling and approach the exam in a systematic and organized way.
RRB NTPC Preparation Tips 2019
RRB NTPC Preparation Tips – General Tips
- Remember that you have to be Jack of All Trades, Master of None! That means you need to keep a fine balance between the depth and the range. For eg. when you are reading any news or article, you can take help of 5 W’s – Who, What, When, Where and How and try to jot down important points around it from which questions might come.
- Prepare things Month-wise, esp. current affairs so that you can proceed in chronological order.
- Write important points. Whether you are referring to online or offline resource, Don’t just read and close it. Owing to day to day activities and a lot to study, you’ll end up forgetting it. Hence, whenever you read any piece of news/informative article, just note down the relevant points from it.
- Learn the art of elimination. While solving questions, know what all options you can first eliminate.
- If you are completely unsure about all the four options, leave the question.
- Plan things in advance. If you are not approaching the exam as per planned schedule, you have not planned your preparation properly. For this, we have provided the RRB NTPC study plan that you can follow for sure shot success.
RRB NTPC Preparation Tips for General Awareness
General Awareness is a vast topic to cover, however it is also one of the high scoring sections in RRB Exam. Hence RRB NTPC General Awareness Preparation becomes very important to achieve success. Find all the important topics for GA below the Study Plan.
- Check General Awareness Topics that needs to be covererd
Go through the basics of all the subjects from NCERT (especially science, economics and Polity)
- The questions asked are direct factual questions, hence memorise important facts from history, geography and current affairs.
- Dedicate enough time to cover current affairs of at least last 6 months for your RRB NTPC General Awareness Preparation.
- Give as many GK tests as possible – Click here for GK tests
- The more you practice, the better are your chances of success in the Railways NTPC exam
RRB NTPC Preparation Tips for Mathematics
- Prepare for Maths topics based on trends of previous years question papers.
- Solve previous year’s question papers
- Be very thorough with formulae, tables, Squares, Cubes, square roots, cube roots, etc. so that you don’t have to think much during the exam.
- Once Basics are good, then practice the Shortcut tricks for Maths
- Quants is all about practice. The more you practice, the more expertise you’ll get. For this we have provided Quants Sectional Test apart from Mock Test that you can take frequently to gain mastery over it.
- Merely giving Tests won’t help if you are not spending quality time in analysing your performance. Oliveboard’s Free Analytics Feature will help you get in-depth analysis about your strong and weak areas. Go through it properly.
- Identify your weak zones as quickly as possible and work extra hard on them during your RRB NTPC Preparation.
- Most importantly, do not take Mathematics for granted even if you are good at it. You need to practice it a lot otherwise during exam time, you would fail to perform your best under pressure.
RRB NTPC Preparation Tips for General Intelligence & Reasoning
- Prioritize the Reasoning questions for RRB NTPC Stage I exam. Start with the easy questions and then move onto difficult ones.
- While starting the preparation of Reasoning focus on understanding the basics of various question types.
- There are numerous tricks for Reasoning. Master these tricks by solving as many questions as possible.
- Do not forget to solve all the previous year’s question papers of Railway NTPC exam.
- Give more time and practice for comparatively difficult topics like Coding-Decoding, Puzzles, etc.
- For Puzzles, the best resource you can get is Reasoning Puzzle Mania Book. Solve all the questions given here.
RRB NTPC Mock Test Series
- 20 Tests for Railways RRB NTPC Stage 1
- 10 Tests for Railways RRB NTPC Stage 2
- Sectional Tests
- GK Supplement with 2500 questions
- Video Crash course – 200+ Videos
- Lessons on All Topics
Offer Validity: 31st January, 2020
That’s all from us in this blog. Keep checking Oliveboard’s Blog Page to get more of RRB NTPC Preparation Tips and study material. Practice with Oliveboard’s Mock Test Series to get sure shot success in the exam. Kick start your preparation with a Free Mock Test now.
All the Best!