Best Government Jobs for Girls
Best Government Jobs for Women in India: The so-called ‘Sarkari Naukri’ for women is a major hit among female candidates for varied reasons. Firstly, most of the upcoming government jobs have fixed working hours, better leave policies, and more holidays than any private job can offer. All these help one maintain a good work-life balance. The maternity benefits that one can get in a government job are not matched by any private job. Also, unlike earlier years after the 7th pay commission, government jobs’ salary is at par with private jobs.
Best Govt Jobs for Women in India
There is an equal amount of growth opportunities for women. The examples of women leaders in different government sectors are a clear indication of this trend. Before checking out the best government jobs for women in India, let’s look at the perks that a government job offer and how these are helpful for women.
Why Government Jobs are Perfect Fit for Women in India?
- Better Work-Life Balance: In a survey by Wall Street Journal in 2013, 70% of female respondents in India said that work-life balance was key to their definition of “success” in their career, while only 40% of men felt that. The study also revealed that the difficulty of balancing life and work is a key reason why women in India leave their jobs (source). A government job that offers fixed working hours and a better leave policy helps to maintain this balance. Work-from-home opportunity for women is also being introduced by PSU banks like SBI.
- Special Provisions for Women: The government regularly encourages women’s employment in the public sector. With the same motive, there is fee exemption and age relaxation in various government job exams; SSC is one of them.
- Maternity leave in public sector banks and other organizations:
- Most government offices grant at least 6 months of paid maternity leave to women.
- Railways even grant leave up to two years in continuation with maternity leave in case a mother applies for it.
- While private-sector jobs mostly offer only 3 months paid leave which could be less dependent on the health condition of the newborn.
- Adoptive mothers are eligible for 180 days of maternity leave under the central government.
- Equal Growth Opportunity & Handsome Salary: Apart from the above benefits, women in the government sector also get access to handsome salaries and equal growth opportunities. Unlike the private sector, public sector jobs base promotions on long-term benefits. Therefore, women depending on their performance get equal opportunities to groom and grow in their careers as men.
So, we do understand that government jobs have some really good perks for women in India. Let’s have a look at the list of best government jobs for women in India.
List of Best Government Jobs For Women In India
|Bank PO and Clerk
1. Bank PO and Clerk Jobs For Women
Bank jobs are the most preferred ones among females. It offers a good salary, better leave benefits, fixed working hours, a reputation, and more. Moreover, with recent transfer policies implemented by the government, it is easier for a woman to transfer closer to their families whenever they need it. Also, the sense of stability and security that comes with a bank job can be matched by nothing. With the Government coming up with more all-women branches in PSU, the scope of employment and growth is also increasing.
Some Top Bank PO and Clerk Exams: You can view detailed information on each exam by following the links below
- RBI Grade B 2023 Topper Nimitha J Nath AIR -5, Know Her Strategy
- RBI Grade B 2023 Topper Gorakh Jayswal’s Exclusive Interview, Know His Strategy
- RBI Grade B 2023 Topper Aviral Agrawal’s Exclusive Interview, Know His Strategy
2. Railway Jobs For Women
Indian Railways, managed by the central government has a lot of opportunities for women. A job in Indian railways not just come with good salary but amazing perks like residence, travel pass, economical healthcare access, retirement benefits, and more. Besides bank jobs, in railways too transfer is accommodated depending on the situation. Indian railways also grant up to 2 years of leave in continuation with maternity leave, if applied for. Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) brings in various positions in the railways that are a perfect fit for women.
Following are the railway exams: You can view detailed information on each exam by following the links below
3. SSC Jobs For Female Aspirants
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts a Combined Graduate Level (CGL) exam every year in order to fill various positions under the central government across Income Tax, CBI, Custom, Excise, and more departments. The major perk about these jobs is the kind of stability at work they provide. SSC CHSL is considered to be the best job for women having a qualification of 10+2.
Want To Attempt A Free SSC CGL Mock Test? Register Here For Free
4. UPSC Jobs
Various positions under UPSC are available for women. Along with a good salary, these jobs carry other government job benefits. Also, various civil services jobs under UPSC like IAS, IFS, and IPS are not just the most sought-after but also the most well-paid and reputed ones.
5. TET Jobs
A teaching job is always considered to be one of the best jobs for women. The central government conducts the TET exam every year to evaluate and employ candidates in government schools and colleges. A few states also conduct state-level exams for the same. One of the major benefits of a teaching job is vacation time when one can spend time with their family. The vacation time comes as a boon for mothers.
6. Police Job for Female Aspirants
All job profile in Indian Police (both national and state) is open for female candidates. So all young girls and women in the country can apply for state-level SI, ASI, Constable jobs. Although the State of Policing in India Report 2019 says that women make up only 7.28 percent of India’s police force, this number is bound to increase in near future. Maharashtra, with 27,660 women police personnel boasts of the maximum number of female recruits for a state/UT. Most police job notifications exempt women from paying any application fees.
7. Jobs For 35 Years Old Female or Older Aspirants
As age is a vital and deciding factor for a lot of mainstream entry-level government jobs in India. There is a wide range of opportunities available for female aspirants above 35 years of age. These openings in the latest state and central government jobs have an age limit of 35 to 40 years. Check all upcoming Sarkari Naukri for women after 35 years in various sectors. Most of these govt jobs are high paying in comparison to other age groups. Some of the female jobs in government organizations are –
- State-level Public Services have an Age Limit of 23 – 35 Years
- Patwari Recruitment has an Age Limit of 18 – 40 Years
- TET Qualified Teachers in national and state-funded schools have Age Limit of 18 – 45 Years
- CRPF Assistant Commandant (AC) Recruitment Age Limit of 18 – 35 Years
8. Defence Jobs for Women in India
AFCAT, Indian Army, and Indian Navy hire unmarried female graduate candidates as officers. Female NCC cadets can also use their NCC certifications for special entry into Indian Armed Forces.
P.S. The order of listing mentioned above is not as per ranking.
9. Insurance Exams
The insurance industry in India has seen major growth in the last decade. Some demographic factors like the growing insurance awareness, retirement planning, growing middle class and young insurable crowd will substantially increase the growth of the Insurance sector in India.
Some insurance exams are:
Government Ruled/Owned Insurance Companies
- New India Assurance Company Ltd [NIACL]
- National Insurance Company Ltd [NICL]
- United India Insurance
- Oriental Insurance Company LTD
You can view detailed information on each exam by following the links below
|LIC AAO SO
|LIC Assistant Exam
These are the few top government jobs for women in India. Want to know more about government jobs, exams, and preparation tips? Feel free to discuss in our discussion forum or leave your comments in the section below.
- National Safety Day 2024 (4th March), Theme, History, Significance
- International Women’s Day 2024 (8th March), Theme, Significance
- 03 March 2024 Current Affairs in English
- FSSAI Notification 2024, Download FSSAI Notification PDF
- Bank Merger List, Current Affairs Related to Bank
- Rajasthan Safai Karmchari Recruitment 2024 For 24797 Posts
The most comprehensive online preparation portal for MBA, Banking and Government exams. Explore a range of mock tests and study material at www.oliveboard.in