Let us move ahead in this new year by learning something new daily. What would be better than learning a few new English words daily which will not only enhance our English Language Vocabulary but also would raise our confidence levels while having day-to-day conversations in the English Language? We will be coming up with this daily article on Oliveboard giving you a list of English Vocabulary Words taken from The Hindu Editorial, with their correct meanings, synonyms, antonyms and correct usage. This blog-post will aid you immensely in your competitive exams preparation if you are consistent in reading this article daily. So, read along the Daily Vocabulary Words 10 January 2020.
The Hindu – Daily Vocabulary Words 10 January 2020
|Meanings & Synonyms||Antonyms||
|Disproportionate||Too large or too small in comparison with something else
Not commensurate with, Relatively too large for, Relatively too small for, Inordinate
|Proportional||There are a disproportionate number of girls in the class.|
|Evacuation||The action of evacuating a person or a place.
Clearance, Shifting, Expulsion, Deportation, Emptying, Depopulation, Desertion
|Occupy, Seize, Fill, Hold, Influx||The first evacuations came ten days after the disaster.|
|Foster||Encourage the development of something, especially something desirable.
Encourage, Promote, Further, Stimulate, Advance, Forward
|Neglect, Suppress, Destroy
|The teacher’s task is to foster learning.|
|Indelibly||In a way, that cannot be removed or forgotten.
Always, Eternally, Ever, Everlastingly, Evermore, Forever
|Once, Never, Nevermore
|The blood had left an indelible mark on her shirt.|
|Inferno||A large fire that is dangerously out of control.
Conflagration, Fire, Holocaust
|The building was an inferno by the time the fire service arrived.|
|Reckon||To decide the size, amount, number, or distance of something without actual measurement.
Calculate, Call, Conjecture, Estimate, Figure, Gauge
|Calibrate, Measure, Scale, Compute, Work Out
|I tried to reckon the size of the crowd at the stadium.|
|Tremendous||Very great in amount, Scale, Or Intensity.
Very Great, Huge, Enormous, Immense, Colossal, Massive
|Tiny, Small, Slight, Soft||They were making a tremendous amount of noise last night.|
|Uninhabitable||Place unsuitable for living in.
|Habitable, Fit to live in, Fit to occupy, Usable, Liveable-in||If there’s no roof, then the house is uninhabitable.|
|Unprecedented||Never done or known before.
Unparalleled, Unequalled, Unmatched, Unrivalled
|The government took the unprecedented step of releasing confidential correspondence.|
We hope that you find the blog “Daily Vocabulary Words 10 January 2020“ and its contents beneficial. Stay-tuned to Oliveboard for more such articles.
- EPFO Enforcement Officer Recruitment 2020
- SSC CHSL Vacancies 2019 (Tentative): Released
- SSC CHSL Registration 2019 | Register before 10th January 2020
- SBI Clerk Apply Online 2020 – 8000 Vacancies – Application Link Activated – Apply Now
- NABARD Bank Recruitment 2020 – Grade A Officer Notification Released
- SBI PO Online Course 2020 – Join for Your Online Exam Preparation | Starts 13th Jan 2020
- RBI Assistant Apply Online 2019 – Check Now @ rbi.org.in
- RBI Assistant Online Course: Join The Course At Oliveboard Edge Now
Oliveboard Edge 2020 – Online Exam Preparation
Unlimited Access: Any Course, Any Time
1. Now don’t wait for any exam notification to come. Start preparing for it whenever you want.
2. The earlier you start, the better it would be.
3. Short term courses or the long term courses, choose what you need.
- All New SBI PO 2021 Selection Batch: Join Now
- IB ACIO Tier 2 – Descriptive English Crash Course – Join Now
- यहाँ पर नि: शुल्क उत्तर प्रदेश पुलिस एसआई मॉक टेस्ट के लिए रजिस्टर करें
- Join SBI Clerk Selection Batch: Live Classes, Practice Sessions & Mock Tests
- Mission SSC CGL 2020-21 Crash Course + Test Series: Join Now
- JK Bank Mains – Crash Course + Mock Tests – Join Now