The AILET or the ALL India law entrance test is an annual entry-level test organised by the National Law University Delhi. The annual examination is conducted to select candidates for the BA LLB, LLM, and doctorate programs in 20 AILET colleges. The candidates need to appear for the AILET exam on the AILET exam date to qualify and get admitted to NLU Delhi. Candidates interested in applying to law colleges should fill up the application form on the official website at the earliest.
AILET Exam Date and Other Important Dates
Here are the important AILET exam dates.
|EVENTS ||DATES |
|Notification Date||January 8, 2022|
|Beginning of the Registration Process||January 17, 2022|
|Last date for submitting the Application form ||May 25, 2022 (extended)|
|Admit Card Date||To be announced|
|Exam Date||June 26, 2022 (Postponed from 1 May)|
|Answer Key||To be announced|
|Result Date||To be announced|
|Counselling Date ||To be announced|
|Admission Closing date||To be announced|
Check official notice here
AILET Exam Pattern
There is a different exam pattern for each of the AILET papers. Here is the pattern mentioned below:
- The examination will be conducted in an offline mode
- The question paper is set in the English medium
- Candidates are allotted 1 hour and 30 minutes to solve the question paper
- There will be multiple-choice questions asked in the paper. The LLM exam tests the candidates on 100 MCQs and 2 descriptive-type questions in section 2 of the examination.
- There are a total of 150 marks in the BA LLB examination
- Each question will carry 1 mark, and 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer
- The Ph.D. entrance test in NLU is different from the UG and the PG courses. It will have 2 sections - where the first level is an objective test based on the legal aptitude section and research methodology. The entrance test qualifies the candidates, and one needs to clear the minimum AILET cut-off marks post which the candidate has to submit their research proposal on any desired topic.
There are a few changes in the AICLT exam pattern this year.
- There will be three sections in the BA LLB exam. There will be no legal aptitude test section anymore as it has been scratched by the conducting body.
- The BA LLB logical reasoning section will have 50% more weightage. It will include legal questions which can be attempted without any prior knowledge of law.
- If there are two candidates with the same rank, then the tiebreaker will be done through the marks obtained in the logical reasoning section. The older age will then get preference or there will be a computerised draw of the lot.
- There are 24 test centres presently, with Vishakhapatnam and Dehradun added to the list.
The AILET examination is conducted on the AILET exam date through offline mode. The candidates are tested on English, General Knowledge and Current Affairs, elementary mathematics, legal aptitude, and logical reasoning. Here is the AICLT syllabus for different subjects.
- English- The English section tests the candidates' knowledge of English comprehension and grammar.
- Current affairs and general knowledge - The general knowledge section tests the candidate on their knowledge of national and international affairs.
- Mathematics - The mathematics section tests the candidates' knowledge of elementary maths. The syllabus will only include the math topics taught up to class 10.
- Legal Aptitude – The legal aptitude sections tests the candidates' interest in research, aptitude, law, and problem-solving ability. There may be questions on legal propositions and a set of facts to which the proposition has been applied.
- Logical Reasoning – The logical reasoning section tests the candidates' ability to identify the logical links, patterns and then rectify the illogical arguments.
The students should make sure to go through the important topics in each section to better their understanding of the core subject.
AILET Admit Card
The examination authority publishes the AILET admit card as soon as the registration ends. This will be published online on the university website. The candidate will be able to download their admit card with their registration id and password.
To download the admit card that candidate has to:
- Visit the official AILET website and follow the tab that states admit card
- Enter their name, their date of birth and the issued application form number
- Take a print of the AILET to admit card and also save the soft copy for future reference
- On the AILET exam date, the candidate will have to carry the admit card along with valid ID proof.
Where is the AILET admit card to appear for the AILET exam date available for download?
You can download the AILET admit card to appear on the AILET exam date on the official website after you have successfully registered for the examination.
What information can be found on the AILET exam pattern?
You get all the information related to the question asked, the syllabus, the marking scheme, time given for the examination, the number of questions, etc.
Does the candidate need some special computer skills to appear for the AILET exam?
No special skills are needed in computers to appear for the AILET exam on the AILET exam date.
What is the AILET application process?
A candidate who is seeking admission to the course needs to fill up the application form. The steps include online registration, filling up the application form, uploading the documents, and payment of the application fee.