About TNPSC Group 2 Exam
TNPSC Group 2 Exam is conducted by the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission. It is a state-level exam that is shown in the offline mode. There are a total of 3 stages: Prelims Exam, Mains Exam & Interview. The TNPSC Group 2 Exam Notification was released on 23rd February 2022. The total number of vacancies for the TNPSC Group 2 Exam is 5529, including interview and non-interview vacancies.
TNPSC Group 2 Exam Mock Test Details
Get the Latest pattern TNPSC Group 2 mock tests for the preparation. The TNPSC Group 2 Mock Tests include practice questions of varying difficulty levels to help you clear the exam with great success.
The TNPSC Group 2 2022 mock test series have the following features:
- 20 Full-Length TNPSC Group 2 Mock Tests (10-Gen English, 10- Gen Tamil)
- 10 TNPSC Group 2 Subject Wise Tests
- All Mock Tests for TNPSC Group 2 Exam will be as per the latest pattern with detailed solutions
- The mock tests are created by exam toppers and experts.
- Analyze your performance with the help of AI-Based Analysis. Get your test ranking.
- The tests will help you focus & improve on your weak areas.
Attempt a Free TNPSC Group 2 Mock Test Here
TNPSC Group 2 Admit Card
The TNPSC Group 2 Exam Admit Card has been released on the official website. All candidates can download the TNPSC Group 2 Exam Admit card till 21 May 2022.
TNPSC Group 2 Admit Card 2022- Important Dates
|TNPSC Group 2 Admit Card 2022 - Start Date||11 May 2022|
|TNPSC Group 2 Admit Card 2022 - End Date||21 May 2022|
|TNPSC Group 2 Admit Card 2022 - Exam Date ||21 May 2022|
Attempt a Mock Test now!
TNPSC Group 2 Admit Card Link
Click on the link below to download the TNPSC Group 2 Admit Card
DOWNLOAD THE TNPSC GROUP 2 ADMIT CARD HERE
Steps to download TNPSC Group 2 Admit Card 2022
- Visit the official site of the TNPSC.
- On the home page, go to the Important links section.
- Scroll down to the Hall Ticket Download Link and click on it.
- Now click on Group 2 Hall Ticket 2022 link.
- Enter the necessary details and click on submit button.
- Your Admit Card will be displayed on the screen.
- Now you can now download the TNPSC Group 2 Hall Ticket
- Check carefully and take a printout for future reference.
- Verify the details mentioned on the admit card & download it.
Note: Please note that the admit card is a mandatory document & should be carried along to the examination hall. Failure to produce admit card in the examination hall may result in the candidate not being allowed to appear for the examination.
TNPSC Group 2 Notification
The TNPSC Group 2 Exam notification for the interview and non-interview was released for more than 5529 posts. The last date to apply for the exam is 23rd March 2022. The notification was released with changes in the syllabus. Candidates can get themselves registered by filing the application form and paying the one-time registration fees.
- For group 2 interview posts, the candidate's selection will be based on their scores in the Prelims, Main written exam, and the oral test.
- For group 2 non-interview posts, there will only be the Prelims and Main written exam. There will be no interview for this one.
- Check Official Notification here
The table given below gives a brief overview of the TNPSC Group 2 Exam
|Name of the exam||TNPSC Group 2 Exam|
|Conducting Organisation||Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission|
|Type of Exam||State Level|
|Stages of TNPSC Group 2 Exam||Two –Prelims exam- 21 May 2022 |
Mains Exam - To be announced
|Mode of Exam||Offline Mode|
|Duration of Exam||Prelims: 3 hours|
Paper I - 3 hours
Paper 2 - 3 hours
|Language||Tamil and English|
|Salary Details||Rs. 37,000/- to Rs. 117,500 (Approx.)|
TNPSC Group 2 Exam Important Dates
The following table shows the important dates relevant to the TNPSC Group 2 Exam 2022:
|TNPSC Group 2 Exam||Dates |
|Release of notification||23 Feb 2022|
|Last date of application||23 Mar 2022|
|Preliminary exam||21 May 2022|
|Written exam||To be announced|
Key Changes in the TNPSC Group 2 Exam 2022
The following key changes have taken place in the TNPSC Group 2 Exam 2022.
- There has been a merger in the TNPSC exams where Group 2 and Group 2A exams have been merged, known as Group 2 exams. The new syllabus has been released for the same.
- After the merger, there will be a TNPSC Group 2 Exam for the interview and non-interview posts. However, the syllabus of the two stages, the prelims, and the mains will be the same for both posts.
- A New TNPSC Group 2 Exam syllabus has been announced in which there will be 100 questions for General English or General Tamil, 75 questions for General studies, and 25 questions for Aptitude and Mental Ability in the Prelims Exam.
- Students can opt for General English or General Tamil in Prelims.
- Mandatory Tamil Eligibility Paper added as Paper I & General Studies added as Paper-II in Mains
TNPSC Group 2 Exam Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for the TNPSC Group 2 Exam include educational qualifications and age criteria as follows:
- The age limit for the candidates is 18 to 32 years of age. This maximum limit is for general category candidates. There is no upper age limit for BC/MBC/SC/ST reserved category candidates.
- General category candidates – 32 years
- BC/MBC/SC/ST – No upper age restrictions
- The educational qualifications for the TNPSC group, 2 interview, and non-interview posts, are different. The same can be referred to from the official notification of the TNPSC Group 2 Exam 2022.
TNPSC Group 2 Exam 2021 Selection Process
The selection process of the TNPSC Group 2 Exam has been given below in a summarised manner –
- Apply for the TNPSC Group 2 Exam online on the official website- https://www.tnpsc.gov.in/
- Download the admit card from the website
- Appear for the exams and obtain the required cut-off marks to clear the exam
- View your results to know your performance and the overall cut-off marks.
- The merit list will be released by the Tamil Nadu Public service Commission separately for prelims and main exams, based on the marks obtained by the candidates.
- The selected candidates should be present for the interview at the given venue on the given date. For non-interview posts, no interview is there.
- The finally selected candidates will be sent offer letters by the Tamil Nadu public service Commission.
New TNPSC Group 2 Exam Pattern 2022
|Stage of Selection||Duration of the examination||Maximum marks||Qualifying Marks|
|Preliminary Examination||3 hours |
|300 marks||90 marks|
|Mains Examination Paper – I||3 Hours |
|100 marks||40 marks|
|Mains Examination Paper – II||3 hours |
|300 marks||90 marks|
|Interview|| ||40 marks (Applicable only to Group II. No interview for Group II A posts)|| |
Attempt a Free TNPSC Group 2 Mock Test Here
TNPSC Group 2 Syllabus
The Syllabus for TNPSC Group 2 and Group 4 exam are as follows :
TNPSC Group 2 Syllabus for Preliminary Examination
- General Tamil Language
- General English Language
- General Science
- Current Events
- Geography of India
- History of India
- Culture of India
- Indian Polity
- Indian Economy
- Indian National Movement
- History of Tamil Nadu
- Heritage, Culture, and socio-political movements in Tamil Nadu
- Development Administration in Tamil Nadu
- Aptitude and Mental Ability
TNPSC Group 2 Syllabus For the Mains Examination
The TNPSC Group 2 Mains examination will be descriptive in nature.
TNPSC- Group 2 Paper- I Syllabus (Mandatory Tamil Eligibility Paper)
1. (a) Tamil to English Translation & (b) English to Tamil Translation
2. Precis Writing
4. Hints Development
5. Essay Writing in Thirukkural
6. Letter writing (Official)
7. Knowledge of Tamil Language
TNPSC Group 2 Paper II Syllabus
1. Role & impact of Science & Technology in the Development of India & Tamil Nadu
2. Administration of Union & states in with special reference to TN
3. Socio-Economic Issues in India/TN
4. Current Issues at National Level
5. Current Issues at State Level
TNPSC Group 2 Exam Application Form 2022
The application form for the TNPSC Group 2 Exam can be filed online according to the new dates to be released.
Application procedure for filing TNPSC Group 2 Exam Application form:
- The candidates should visit the official website of the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission- https://www.tnpsc.gov.in/
- On the official website, the candidate should do the one-time registration. After that, they can start filling out the application form. A one-time registration is mandatory for candidates, and the same can be done by paying Rs. 150 registration fee. This registration remains valid for 5 years.
- Candidates get a registration ID and password upon registration which should be kept for future use.
- The candidates will be required to upload scanned copies of their signatures, photographs, and certificates on the online portal at the time of registration.
- Once registered, the candidates can log in to the website using the same username and password. Then click on the apply now button after the login.
- After that, the candidates need to select the name of the post for which they want to apply. The name of the post needs to be selected under TNPSC Group 2 services.
- The candidates are required to upload photos and signatures as per the guidelines. If not, their application can be rejected.
- The candidates need to give details mentioned on the application form, such as the name of the candidate, post for which they have applied, date of birth, address, E-mail Id, educational qualification, category, and the center of examination.
- The candidates can submit the form once they have given all the details. After submitting, they can take a printout and save the application for any future use.
Some important points to remember at the time of application:
- Candidates need to be careful while filling out the application form as no changes can be made afterward.
- Candidates need not send the application form to the concerned department. They can keep the form for their future use.
- Candidates can check their application status, whether accepted or not, by logging in with the registration username and Password.
Attempt a Free TNPSC Group 2 Mock Test Here
Results of TNPSC Group 2 Exam 2022
The TNPSC Group 2 Prelims Exam result will be declared on the official website. The result contains the score obtained by the candidate and the cut-off marks in the written exam. Those candidates who clear the prelims exam have to appear for the mains exam.
The stepwise procedure to check the result of the TNPSC Group 2 Exam 2022 is given below:
- Visit the official website of the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission- https://www.tnpsc.gov.in/
- There will be a link on the official website of the TNPSC group 2 results 2022. Upon clicking, the candidate will be redirected to a new page.
- The candidates will be required to enter their registration number and click on the submit button.
- The rank of the candidates, along with their marks, will be displayed on the screen.
- For reference purposes, a printout of the result can be kept by the candidates.
TNPSC Group 2 Exam Application Fees
The following fees are required to be paid by the candidates:
- One-time registration fees – Rs. 150/-
- TNPSC Group 2 Exam Fees – Rs. 100/-
The candidates already registered need not pay the registration fees again. However, they will be required to pay the exam fees while filing the application form. The exam fee is exempted for SC/ST/BC/MBC category candidates.
The payment of the exam fees can be done through both offline and online modes when filling out the application form.
SBI Online Payment- The candidates can make online fees by debit or credit cards issued by Master or Visa.
SBI Offline Payment- The candidates can use payslips in offline mode at the SBI Bank. Candidates must print the payslips and deposit the fee in cash at an SBI Bank branch near them. Candidates should remember to get a copy of the bank's payment receipt.
Apart from SBI, the payment can be made through net banking, debit/credit card, and bank challan.
TNPSC Group 2 Exam 2022 Cut-Off marks
The cut-off marks for TNPSC Group 2 Exam 2022 have not been released yet. However, you can check the previous year's cut-off marks to get an idea for the 2021 exam. Therefore, based on the last year's cut-offs, the expected cut-off marks can be:
May 2022 (Prelims)