Importance of JKPSC KAS Mock Test Series
Attempting a mock test series is a very important part of JKPSC KAS Exam preparation. Here are some ways in which the JKPSC KAS Mock Test Series will help you.
1. Mock tests help in improving your speed
The real challenge of the competitive exam is the time constraint. You have to attempt a lot of questions in very little time. This is where mock tests can help. Mock tests help you in increasing your speed along with accuracy which ensures better outcomes in the real examination.
2. Mock tests help you to get an idea about the real exam
You will get plenty of information on the structure and pattern of an exam from online sites. But simply knowing the pattern is not enough. With the help of a mock test, you will be able to get a better idea of the real exam and also score more marks. Mock tests give you a good chance of cracking the exam.
3. Mock tests lead you to understand your weaknesses
We all have our weak points. With mock tests, you will be able to analyze where your weaknesses lie so that you can work on them. They will show you which section you are struggling with or which part of the syllabus is taking up more time.
4. Strategize with Mock Tests
Once you have grasped your weaknesses and understood the syllabus better, you can then craft a proper strategy. You can analyze your mistakes and understand how they could have been avoided. You can perfect your strategy by trial and error, and mock tests allow you to do that very easily.
5. Helps you learn the study material
The importance of mock tests in exams does not need any introduction. There is a lot to learn to qualify for JKPSC KAS Exam. And mock tests make you do the General Science/Indian Polity/English Comprehension/Quantitative Aptitude/ Reasoning sections multiple times. That reinforces the information and strategies so that your brain can retrieve them efficiently, this trait will help you in the actual exam.
6. Actual Exam Like Interface
The Oliveboard Interface of JKPSC KAS Mock Tests is one of the best online exam interfaces in India. It is very similar to the actual exam interface. This will give the aspirants a real-time experience.
JKPSC KAS Exam Overview
|Name of the Exam||Combined Services Competitive Exam (CCE) or JKPSC KAS exam|
|Conducting Body||Jammu and Kashmir Public Service Commission (JKPSC)|
|Level of the Exam||State Level|
|Frequency of the Exam||Once in a year, based on the vacancy|
|Mode of the Exam||Offline|
|JKPSC Exam Centres||Srinagar, Anantnag, Baramulla, Jammu, Doda and, Rajouri|
To recruit candidates in Jammu and Kashmir in the following services:
- Administrative service
- Police service, and
- Accounts service of Jammu & Kashmir.
|Selection Process||Prelims, Mains and Interview|
|Payscale||Level 8 ( Rs.47600 - 151100)|
|Official Website of JKPSC||http://jkpsc.nic.in/|
JKPSC KAS Exam Pattern
JKPSC exam pattern for the Prelims & Mains exam is presented below:
JKPSC KAS Prelims Exam Pattern
The JKPSC KAS Prelims Exam will have two papers: General Studies Paper- I and General Studies Paper-II.
- The JKPSC Prelims Exam comprises of 100 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) each for Paper 1 and 2.
- Both the JKPSC Prelims Papers will be of 200 marks and 2 hours each.
- For each incorrect answer in the JKPSC Prelims Exam, there is a penalty of 0.33 marks.
- It is compulsory to score at least 33% in General Studies Paper-II.
|General Studies Paper- I ||100||200|
|General Studies Paper-II||100||200|
JKPSC Mains Exam Pattern
The candidates who obtain the cutoff marks in the JKPSC CCE Prelims Exam will be called to appear for the JKPSC Mains Exam. The qualified candidates of the Prelims Exam will be issued an application form that they will have to fill up within the required time decided by the Commission.
- The JKPSC Mains Exam shall comprise of a written examination and a personality test.
- The JKPSC Mains Exam has eight (8) papers of conventional essay type.
- Out of the eight mains paper, English Paper is qualifying in nature.
- Candidates who will obtain the cutoff marks in the JKPSC Mains Exam will be called to appear for the Personality Test for Interview.
- The JKPSC Interview shall be of 250 marks
|Paper No.||Paper Name||Marks|
|1||English||300 (Qualifying Only)|
|3||General Studies I (Indian Heritage and Culture, History and Geography of the World and Society)||250|
|4||General Studies II (Governance, Constitution, Polity, Social Justice and International relations)||250|
|5||General Studies - III (Technology, Economic Development, Bio-diversity, Environment, Security and Disaster Management)||250|
|6||General Studies - IV (Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude)||250|
|7||Optional Subject Paper I||250|
|8||Optional Subject Paper II||250|
| ||Sub Total||1750|
| ||JKPSC Personality Test (Interview)||250|