About ICAR AO Exam
The Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) is the apex body for coordinating, guiding, and managing research and education in agriculture in the entire country under the aegis of DARE, Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare.
The Agricultural Scientists Recruitment Board (ASRB) conducts a competitive examination for recruitment to the posts of Administrative Officer (AO) at ICAR Research Institutes. It is a 3-tier exam. The post of administrative officer at ICAR is a central government job and comes under Pay Level 10 of the 7th CPC Pay Matrix [Pre-revised PB-3 ₹ 15600-39100 + ₹ 5400 (Grade Pay)].
ASRB ICAR AO 2021 Notification
The Agricultural Scientists Recruitment Board (ASRB) is conducting a competitive examination for recruitment to the posts of Administrative Officer and Finance & Accounts Officer in Pay Level 10 of the 7th CPC Pay Matrix [Pre-revised PB-3 ₹ 15600-39100 + ₹ 5400 (Grade Pay)] at ICAR Research Institutes in accordance with the rules issued by the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR). In this blog post, we will give all the information about the ICAR AO recruitment 2021 notification ranging from exam dates, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus, online application link, salary, job profile, and much more.
ICAR AO 2021 notification was released by ASRB on the 19th of July 2021 for the recruitment of administrative officers (AO) with a total of 44 vacancies. The recruitment for the post of AO will be conducted in three tiers: Tier 1 (Objective), Tier 2 (Descriptive) and Interview. Let us have a look at all the components for the ASRB ICAR AO recruitment 2021 notification.
ICAR AO 2021 Exam - Important Dates
ICAR AO 2021 Exam Dates Announced
The Agricultural Scientists Recruitment Board (ASRB) has finally announced on April 4, 2022, that the ICAR AO 2021 Tier-I exam will take place on May 10th, 2022.
ICAR AO 2021 - Preference of Centre of Exam - New Announcement
Through the ASRB's website, all applicants will have to fill out a fresh preference for the centre of the exam by the 11th of April 2022.
|Submission of online applications starts on||23 July 2021 (11.00 AM)|
|Last date and time for receipt of online applications||23 August 2021 (05.00 PM)|
|Last date and time for making an online fee payment||23 August 2021 (05.00 PM)|
|ICAR AO Tier 1 Exam Date 2021|
(Online objective type examination – Tier 1 CBT)
|10 May 2022 (announced recently)|
|ICAR AO Tier 2 Exam Date 2021|
|To be notified later|
|ICAR AO 2021 Interview/Personality Test||To be notified later|
ICAR AO 2021 Vacancies – Category-Wise
|Name of the Post||Total No. of Vacancies||UR||EWS||SC||ST||OBC|
|Administrative Officer (AO)||44||17||04||07||02||14|
ICAR AO Mock Test
ICAR AO Mock Test series has the following features:
- 5 ICAR AO Tier 1 Mock Tests
- 8 ICAR AO Descriptive Tests for Tier 2
- AI-based Detailed Performance Analysis
- Know Your Strong & Weak Areas
ICAR AO 2021 Eligibility Criteria
ICAR AO 2021 Educational Qualification
Candidate must be a Graduate of a recognized University securing not less than 55% mark in the final degree examination or equivalent and must have a working knowledge of computers.
For Departmental Candidates:
All candidates in the service of the Indian Council of Agricultural Research/ Govt. Service, whether in a permanent or in temporary capacity or as work charged employees, other than casual or daily rated employees, will be required to submit an undertaking that they have informed in writing their Head of Office/Department that they have applied for this examination.
Candidates should note that in case a communication is received from their employer by the Board withholding permission to the candidates applying for/appearing at the examination, their applications will be liable to be rejected/cancelled.
ICAR AO 2021 Age Limit
The candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must have not attained the age of 30 years as of 23.08.2021 i.e. the closing date of online registration of application.
ICAR AO Application Form 2021
ICAR AO 2021 Apply Online Link
Apply online for the ICAR AO Post before 23 August 2021
ICAR AO 2021 Application Fees
|Category of candidate ||Examination fee (₹) ||Registration fee (₹) ||Total (₹)|
|UR / OBC / EWS ||480/- ||20/- ||500/- |
|Women/ Schedule Caste/ Schedule Tribe / Person with Benchmark Disability ||NIL ||20/- ||20/- |
How to Apply?
Candidates are required to keep ready the following relevant details/ information/ documents at the time of filling the online form:
a) Notification for AO and F&AO Examination-2021.
b) Name (as recorded in Secondary level Examination certificate).
c) Father's name (as recorded in Secondary level Examination certificate).
d) Complete Address for Correspondence.
e) Complete Permanent Address.
f) Matriculation or equivalent Certificate.
g) Bachelor's Degree Certificate/Provisional Degree Certificate and Year wise Marksheets.
h) Master's Degree Certificate / Doctorate Degree Certificate / Provisional Degree Certificate/Transcript/ Marksheet, if available.
i) Centre opted for the Examination (Please check the Examination Centres given in Para 5 of this notification).
j) Scanned copy of recent passport size photograph taken against white background only, of a maximum size of 150 KB in .jpg format only with the face covering at least 2/3rd of the total space and taken without spectacles.
k) Scanned copy of signatures in Black/Blue ink on white paper only, of a maximum size of 80 KB in .jpg format only.
l) Scanned copy of Left Thumb Impression in Blue ink on white paper only, of a maximum size of 80 KB in .jpg format only. (In case of any eventuality of left-hand thumb being unavailable, right-hand thumb impression may be used.)
m) Debit Card/Credit Card/Net banking/UPI details for online payment of the fee.
n) Valid and active e-mail id and mobile number.
o) The candidate should have details of one Photo ID viz. Aadhar Card/ Voter Card/ PAN Card/ Passport/ Driving License/ Any other photo ID card issued by the State/ Central Government. The details of this photo ID will have to be provided by the candidate while filling up the online application form. The candidates will have to upload a scanned copy of the Photo ID whose details have been provided in the online application by him/her. This photo ID will be used for all future references and the candidate is advised to carry this ID while appearing for the examination.
ICAR AO 2021 Exam Pattern
ICAR AO 2021 Tier 1 Exam Pattern
Objective multiple choice paper of 200 questions of one mark each of three hours duration containing the following sections:
|Section – A ||General Knowledge ||50 Questions |
|Section – B ||General Intelligence & Reasoning Ability ||50 Questions|
|Section – C ||Arithmetical & Numerical Ability ||50 Questions|
|Section – D ||Language Comprehension (Hindi or English) ||50 Questions|
- Each wrong answer will attract a penalty of one-third of the marks originally assigned to that question.
- This paper will be qualifying in nature and marks scored in it will not be carried forward.
ICAR AO 2021 Tier 2 Exam Pattern
|Paper 1||General Awareness of Development of Economic, Social, Scientific & Cultural Fields, History & Geography of India and the World||150 Marks|
|Paper 2||Constitution of India, Polity, Governance, Social Justice||150 Marks|
|Paper 3||Essay Writing-I 75 Marks & Essay Writing-II 75 Marks||150 Marks|
|Paper 4||Ethics, Integrity, Aptitude||150 Marks|
|Total Marks|| ||600 Marks|
Candidates from Tier 2 exam will be qualified for Tier 3 viz. Structured Interviews in the ratio of 5 candidates for each vacancy (category-wise) on the basis of their merit in Tier 2.
ICAR AO 2021 Tier 3 Interview
Structured Interview: 100 Marks
Final merit will be prepared based on the aggregate of marks (700 Marks) i.e. marks scored by the candidates in Tier 2 Exam (out of maximum 600 Marks) as well as Structured Interview (out of maximum 100 Marks).
ICAR AO 2021 Syllabus
ICAR AO Tier 1 Syllabus (Objective Paper)
SECTION – A: GENERAL KNOWLEDGE (50 Questions)
• Current events of national and international importance.
• History of India and Indian national movement, World History
• Indian and World Geography – Physical, Social and economic.
• Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
• Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
• Agricultural and Geo-Cultural Development Issues, Human Rights, Social Conflicts, Disabilities etc.
• General Awareness specific to the Structure & Functioning of ICAR.
• General Science and scientific research.
SECTION – B: GENERAL INTELLIGENCE AND REASONING ABILITY (50 Questions)
• Logical Reasoning and Analytical Ability – Verbal and Non-Verbal (Analogies, Similarities, Differences, space visualization, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship, concepts, arithmetical reasoning, verbal and figure classification, arithmetical number series).
• Decision making and Problem Solving.
• General Mental ability.
SECTION – C: ARITHMETICAL AND NUMERICAL ABILITY (50 Questions)
• Basic Numeracy (Number system, Simplification, Decimals, Fractions, L.C.M., H.C.F., Ratio & Proportion, Percentage, Average, Profit & Loss, Discount, Simple and Compound interest, Mensuration, Time and Work, Time and Distance) (Class X level)
• Data Interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc.) (Class X level)
SECTION – D: LANGUAGE COMPREHENSION (50 Questions) HINDI or ENGLISH
• Comprehension of Language and Writing Ability
• Précis writing, Usage and Vocabulary, Short Essays, Translation
• Interpersonal Skills including communication skills.
ICAR AO Tier 2 Syllabus (Descriptive Paper)
PAPER 1- 150 MARKS: General awareness of the Development of Economic, Social, Scientific & Cultural Fields, History & Geography of India and the World
• Indian culture will cover the salient aspects of Art Forms, literature and Architecture from ancient to modern times.
• Modern Indian history from about the middle of the eighteen century until the present – significant events, personalities, issues.
• The Freedom Struggle – its various stages and important contributions from different parts of the country.
• Post-independence consolidation and reorganization within the country. • History of the world will include events from the 18th century such as the industrial revolution, world wars, redrawing of national boundaries, colonization, decolonization, political philosophies like communism, capitalism, socialism etc. – their forms and effect on society.
• Salient features of Indian Society, Diversity of India.
• Role of women and women's organization, population and associated issues, poverty and development issues, urbanization, their problems and their remedies.
• Effects of globalization on Indian society.
• Social empowerment, communalism, regionalism & secularism.
• Salient features of the world's physical geography.
• Distribution of key natural resources across the world (including South Asia and the Indian sub-continent); factors responsible for the location of primary, secondary and tertiary sector industries in various parts of the world (including India).
• Important Geophysical phenomena such as earthquakes, tsunamis, Volcanic activity, cyclones etc., geographical features and their location- changes in critical geographical features (including water bodies and ice-caps) and in flora and fauna and the effects of such changes.
PAPER 2 – 150 MARKS: CONSTITUTION OF INDIA, POLITY, GOVERNANCE, SOCIAL JUSTICE
• Indian Constitution – historical underpinnings, evolution, features, amendments, significant provisions and basic structure.
• Functions and responsibilities of the Union and the States, issues and challenges pertaining to the federal structure, devolution of powers and finances up to local levels and challenges therein.
• Separation of powers between various organs dispute redressed mechanisms and institutions.
• Comparison of the Indian constitutional scheme with that of other countries.
• Parliament and State legislatures – structure, functioning, the conduct of business. Power & privileges and issues arising out of these.
• Structure, organization and functioning of the Executive and the Judiciary – Ministries and Departments of the Government; pressure groups and formal/ informal associations and their role in the Polity.
• Salient features of the Representation of People's Act.
• Appointment to various Constitutional posts, powers, functions and responsibilities of various Constitutional Bodies.
• Statutory, regulatory and various quasi-judicial bodies.
• Government policies and interventions for development in various sectors and issues arising out of their design and implementation.
• Development processes and the development industry – the role of NGOs, SHGs, various groups and associations, donors, charities, institutional and other stakeholders.
• Welfare schemes for vulnerable sections of the population by the Centre and States and the performance of these schemes; mechanisms, laws, institutions and Bodies constituted for the protection and betterment of these vulnerable sections.
• Issues relating to development and management of Social Sector/ Services relating to Health, Education, Human Resources.
• Issues relating to poverty and hunger.
• Important aspects of governance, transparency and accountability, e-governance – applications, models successes, limitations and potential; citizens charters, transparency & accountability and institutional and other measures.
• Role of Civil services in a democracy.
• Role of Indian Council of Agricultural Research in Agricultural Sector, its Importance and various Implications.
PAPER 3 – 150 MARKS
1. Essay Writing – I (75 Marks)
2. Essay Writing – II (75 Marks)
Essay: Candidates may be required to write essays on current international/ national events and other multiple topics like social, cultural, economic and political aspects about which a graduate-level candidate is expected to be aware.
They will be expected to keep close to the subject of the essay to arrange their ideas in an orderly fashion and to write concisely. An opinion may be given and the candidate may have to submit his/ her arguments for and against the opinion and sum up at the end of his/ her views. Credit will be given for effective and exact expression.
PAPER 4 – 150 MARKS: ETHICS, INTEGRITY AND APTITUDE
• Ethics and Human Interface: Essence, determinants and consequences of Ethics in-human actions; dimensions of ethics; ethics – in private and public relationships. Human Values – lessons from the lives and teachings of great leaders, reformers and administrators; the role of family, society and educational institutions in inculcating values.
• Attitude: content, structure, function; its influence and relation with thought and behaviour; moral and political attitudes; social influence and persuasion.
• Aptitude and foundational values for Civil Service, integrity, impartiality and non-partisanship, objectivity, dedication to public service, empathy, tolerance and compassion towards the weaker sections.
• Emotional intelligence concepts and their utilities and application in administration and governance.
• Contributions of moral thinkers and philosophers from India and the world.
• Public/ Civil service values and Ethics in Public administration: Status and problems; ethical concerns and dilemmas in government and private institutions; laws, rules, regulations and conscience as sources of ethical guidance; accountability and ethical governance; strengthening of ethical and moral values in governance; ethical issues in international relations and funding; corporate governance.
• Probity in Governance: Concept of public service; Philosophical basis of governance and probity; Information sharing and transparency in government, Right to Information, Codes of Ethics, Codes of Conduct, Citizen's Charters, Work culture, Quality of service delivery, Utilization of public funds, challenges of corruption.
• Case studies on the above issues.
ICAR AO Preparation and Complete Course
Ease your Preparation with ICAR AO 2021 Complete Course
To help you ease your preparation for the ICAR AO 2021 exam, we have come up with an all-inclusive cracker course that will cater to all the components of the exam. We have made sure to cover the study material for your prep for Tier 1 and Tier 2 (Paper-1, 2, 3 & 4) exams.
ICAR AO 2021 Salary
ICAR AO 2021 Grade Pay
Administrative Officer – Level-10 (Pre-revised PB-3 ₹ 15600-39100 + ₹ 5400 (Grade Pay).
Let us look at the pay scale of these various positions in detail.
|Post||Level||Pay||Next Promotion||Years in Service for Next Promotion|
|Administrative Officer||10||Pre-revised PB-3 Rs 15,600.00 to Rs 39,100.00 + Rs 5,400 (Grade Pay)||Senior Administrative Officer||5 years of service at this post makes a person eligible for the post of Senior Administrative Officer|
|Senior Administrative Officer||11||Pre-revised PB-3 Rs 15,600.00 to Rs 39,100.00 + Rs 6,600.00 (Grade Pay)||Deputy Secretary/ Chief Administrative Officer||With 5 years of service at this post, a person becomes eligible for the post of Deputy Secretary / Chief Administrative Officer|
|Deputy Secretary/ Chief Administrative Officer||12||Pre-revised PB3 Rs 15,600.00 to Rs 39,100.00 + Rs 7,600 (Grade Pay)||Director/ CAO (Sr. Grade)||With five years of service at this post, the person becomes eligible for the post of Director / CAO (Sr. Grade)|
|Director/ CAO (Sr. Grade)||13||Pre-revised PB-4 Rs 37,400.00 to Rs 67,000.00 + Rs 8,700.00 (Grade Pay)||Jt. Secretary/ Jt. Director (Admn.)/ Sr. Registrar||Three years of regular service makes a person at this level eligible for the post of Secretary/ Jt. Director (Admn.)/ Sr. Registrar|
|Jt. Secretary/ Jt. Director (Admn.)/ Sr. Registrar||14||Pre-revised PB-4 Rs 37,400.00 to Rs 67,000.00 Rs 10000.00 (Grade Pay)||NA||NA|
ASRB AO Salary in Hand 2021 – Gross Salary & Allowances
Depending on the ICAR AO posting, if you are in a city where allowances are the highest (X), then with all the allowances such as house rent allowance and TPT, the ICAR AO gross pay will come to a maximum of Rs 94, 488. After deductions, the ICAR AO in hand salary will add up to Rs 86, 537.
If the posting is in a city where the allowances, etc., are low (Y), then ICAR AO's gross salary will be a minimum of Rs 89,880.00, and the ASRB AO salary in hand 2021 will be Rs 81,929.00. The ASRB AO salary slip will provide all the details of the perks, allowances, benefits, and all deductions to arrive at the in-hand salary of the ICAR AO.
ASRB ICAR AO Job Profile 2021
There are several responsibilities and duties attached to the post of ASRB ICAR AO. You need to know the ASRB AO Job profile before you decide to apply for this position. Only if you know what work will be expected of you will you be able to decide if that is what you want to do every day in the office. An ASRB ICAR AO has part of the job profile the task of:
- Providing advice to the Head of the Department regarding all matters of administration and policy.
- Scrutinizing proposals related to Training and Infrastructure, Materials Management, Administration, Establishment, etc.
- Coordinating activities of the many units that exist in the office.
- Recommending cases where there is a need for taking disciplinary action against the staff as per instructions issued by the Government of India.
- Implementing Government policies.
Now that you know the ASRB ICAR AO Salary & ASRB AO Job Profile, you are better positioned to decide to apply for the post of ASRB ICAR AO. If the job responsibilities are what you think you can carry out, you must apply for ICAR AO and have a fulfilling career.
Tier 1 Exam - 10th May 2022