About ESIC Stenographer Exam 2022
ESIC - Employees State Insurance Corporation, conducts the Annual recruitment exam for the post of ESIC UDC, MTS, Stenographer. Employees State Insurance Corporation (ESIC), New Delhi has released the notification for the recruitment of the Stenographers. The full details of the ESIC Stenographer recruitment process like Vacancy, Exam Pattern, Application Form, etc are updated below.
ESIC Stenographer 2022 - Latest Update
The exam date for ESIC Stenographer is announced on the official website. Phase-I Main Examination is scheduled to be held on 20th March, 2022 (Sunday) The link for downloading the call letter for appearing in the examination will be available on the official website (www.esic.nic.in )shortly.
Check official notification here.
ESIC Stenographer 2022 - Application link
Candidates can apply online up to 15th February 2022. Click on the link below to apply for ESIC Stenographer
Apply here for ESIC Stenographer
ESIC Stenographer Application Form 2022 - Important Dates
|Commencement of on-line registration of application||15 January 2022|
|Closure of registration of application||15 February 2022|
|Closure for editing application details||15 February 2022|
|Last date for printing your application||02 March 2022|
|Online Fee Payment||15 Jan 2022 to 15 Feb 2022|
Read on for more details: ESIC Stenographer 2022 Application Form
ESIC Stenographer 2022 Exam - Overview
|Organization Name||Employees' State Insurance Corporation (ESIC)|
|Official Notification Release||28 December 2021|
|Online Application Starts||15 January 2022|
|Last Date||15 February 2022|
|Phase I Main Examination Date||20 March 2022|
|Selection Process||Written Test & Skill Test|
ESIC Stenographer Notification 2022 PDF
ESIC has released the detailed recruitment notification for the ESIC Stenographer 2022 exam. Employees' State Insurance Corporation has published the notification PDFs released notifications for different 27 Regions Offices on 28th December 2021. Candidates must download all the official notification PDFs of the ESIC recruitment either from the official website or directly from the links provided below.
ESIC Stenographer Exam 2022 Vacancy
The ESIC Recruitment 2022 vacancies for Upper Division Clerk, Stenographer & MTS are as follows:
|RO Kolkata||WB & Sikkim||113||4||203||320|
|RO Delhi||Delhi Regional||0||3||0||3|
|ESIC Hqrs, New Delhi||Delhi HQ||235||18||292||545|
|Directorate Medial Delhi||Delhi Medical||0||9||0||9|
ESIC Recruitment Notification 2022 – Educational Qualification
- 12th class pass or equivalent from a recognized Board or University.
- Skill Test Norms:
Dictation: 10 Minutes @ 80 words per minute.
50 minutes (English),
65 minutes (Hindi)
(Only on computers).
ESIC Upper Division Clerk (UDC):
- A degree of a recognized University or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of computer including use of office suites and
Matriculation or equivalent pass from recognized Board.
ESIC Recruitment 2022 – Age Limit
(a) The Age Limit For different ESIC posts are as follows:
- UDC & Steno – Between 18 to 27 years as on the closing date for receipt of applications i.e. 15th February, 2022.
- MTS – Between 18 to 25 years as on the closing date for receipt of applications i.e. 15th
(b) Upper age limit is relaxable for persons belonging to reserved categories e. SC/ST/OBC/PWD/Ex-Servicemen and for ESIC Employees, Government Servants as under:
|S.No||Category||Age Relaxation is permissible beyond the Upper age limit.|
(i) UR- 10 years
(ii) OBC- 13 years
(iii) SC/ST- 15 years
As per instructions of DoPT, a PWD applicant is entitled to age concession in different combinations subject to the condition of maximum age of 56 years. Further in case of a PWD by virtue of being a ESIC/Govt. Employee, concession to him/her will be admissible either as a ‘person with disability'
as a ESIC/Govt. Employee' whichever may be more beneficial to him/her.
(i) UR- 3 years (*)
(ii) OBC- 6 years (*)
(iii) SC/ST- 8 years (*)
(*) after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age
|5.||ESIC Employee/ Government Servant who have rendered not less than 3 years regular and continuous service as on closing date for receipt of application|
(i) UR- upto 40 years
(ii) OBC- upto 43 years
(iii) SC/ST- upto 45 years Note– Applicant should continue to have the status of ESIC/ Govt. servant till the time of appointment, in the event of their selection.
|6.||Other categories of persons||In accordance with the instructions and orders issued from time to time|
ESIC Stenographer Exam 2022 - Apply Online
The link for the submission of the online application will be available on ESIC website www.esic.nic.in from 15th January 2022 and the closing date for the submission of the online application will be 15th February 2022. The direct apply online link will be active on 15th January and will be updated here very soon.
ESIC Recruitment 2022 - Scheme of Examination
The ESIC Stenographer selection process has two rounds. The first round is the Main exam and the performance in this round is considered for preparing the final merit list. The second round is the Computer Skill Test (CST). The CST is of a qualifying type.
ESIC Steno Phase-I Exam-pattern:
|S. No||Name of Test||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration||Medium of Exam|
|1.||English Language & Comprehension||100||100||70 Minutes||English|
|2.||Reasoning Ability||50||50||35 Minutes||English/Hindi|
|3.||General Awareness||50||50||25 Minutes||English/Hindi|
| ||Total||200||200||130 Minutes|| |
- The marks obtained in Phase – I Main Examination will be considered for final selection.
- For each wrong answer, there will be a negative marking of one fourth of the mark assigned to that question.
- The candidates will be shortlisted for Phase-II Skill Test in Stenography in the ratio of 1:10 i.e. about 10 times the number of vacancies in each category on the basis of their performance in Phase – I.
ESIC Stenographer Phase-II Exam Pattern:
The candidates who are shortlisted in the Main Examination will be required to appear in the Skill Test of Stenography. The candidates will be given one dictation for 10 minutes in English or Hindi (as opted by the candidates in the Online Application Form) at the speed of 80 words per minute. The matter will have to be transcribed on a computer. The Transcription Time is as under:
|Language of the skill test||Time duration||Time duration for PWD candidates|
|English||50 Minutes||70 Minutes|
|Hindi||65 Minutes||90 Minutes|
Qualifying Marks/Standards: The Qualifying Marks in Phase I – Main Examination will be 45% for UR Category, 40% for OBC Category & EWS category, 35% for SC, ST & Ex. Servicemen category and 30% for PWD Category. The Qualifying Standards in Phase –II Stenography Skill Test will be decided at the discretion of ESIC.
ESIC Stenographer 2022 Syllabus
Here is the complete list of topics included in the ESIC Stenographer syllabus 2022.
|General Intelligence ||Semantic Classification|
Punched hole/pattern-folding & unfolding
Figural Pattern–folding and completion
Coding and Decoding & Other Topics
|English Language & Comprehension||Spot the error|
Fill in the blanks
Synonyms / Homonyms / Antonyms
Idioms and phrases
One word substitutions
Shuffling of sentence parts
|General Awareness||Indian Constitution|
Awards and Honours
Books & Authors
Art & Culture
Countries & Capitals
Sports and Games
Inventions & Discoveries
ESIC Stenographer Exam 2022 - Application Process
The application fees and the steps to apply online for the ESIC Stenographer exam 2022 are briefly explained below. The application online link will be active from 15 January 2022 and will be closed on 15 February 2022.
ESIC Stenographer Exam 2022 - Application Fees
|S.No.||Candidate Category||Fee Amount|
|01||SC/ST/PWD/ Departmental Candidates, Female Candidates & Ex-Servicemen* This fee of Rs. 250/- shall be refunded duly deducting Bank Charges as applicable, on appearing of the candidate in the Phase – I Written Examination.||Rs. 250/-*|
|02||All other categories||Rs. 500/-|
How To Apply Online For ESIC Stenographer Exam 2022?
Candidates can apply online up to 15th February 2022 and no other mode of application will be accepted. Important Points To Be Noted By The Candidates Before Applying Online
(i) Before applying online, candidates should scan their:
- photograph (4.5cm × 3.5cm)
- signature (with black ink)
- left thumb impression (on white paper with black or blue ink)
- a hand written declaration (on a white paper with black ink) (text given below) ensuring that the all these scanned documents adhere to the required specifications as given in this Advertisement.
(ii) Signature in CAPITAL LETTERS will NOT be accepted.
(iii) The left thumb impression should be properly scanned and not smudged. (If a candidate is not having left thumb, he/she may use his/ her right thumb for applying.)
(iv) The text for the hand written declaration is as follows –
"I, _ (Name of the candidate), hereby declare that all the information submitted by me in the application form is correct, true and valid. I will present the supporting documents as and when required."
(v) The above mentioned hand written declaration has to be in the candidate's hand writing and in English only. If it is written and uploaded by anybody else or in any other language, the application will be considered as invalid. (In the case of Visually Impaired candidates who cannot write may get the text of declaration typed and put their left hand thumb impression below the typed declaration and upload the document as per specifications.)
(vi) Keep the necessary details/documents ready to make Online Payment of the requisite application fee/ intimation charges
(vii) Have a valid personal email ID and mobile no., which should be kept active till the completion of this Recruitment Process. ESIC may send intimation to download call letters for the Examination etc. through the registered e-mail ID. In case a candidate does not have a valid personal e-mail ID, he/she should create his/her new e-mail ID and mobile no. before applying on-line and must maintain that email account and mobile number
- Candidates to go to the ESIC website www.esic.nic.in and click on the option "APPLY ONLINE FOR RECRUITMENT TO THE POST OF UDC/STENO./MTS IN ESIC " which will open a new screen.
- To register application, choose the tab "Click here for Registration" and enter Name, Contact details and Email-id. A Provisional Registration Number and Password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. Candidate should note down the Provisional Registration Number and Password. An Email & SMS indicating the Provisional Registration number and Password will also be sent.
- In case the candidate is unable to complete the application form in one go, he / she can save the data already entered by choosing "SAVE AND NEXT" tab. Prior to submission of the online application candidates are advised to use the "SAVE AND NEXT" facility to verify the details in the online application form and modify the same if required. Visually Impaired candidates should fill the application form carefully and verify/ get the details verified to ensure that the same are correct prior to final submission.
- Candidates are advised to carefully fill and verify the details filled in the online application themselves as no change will be possible/ entertained after clicking the COMPLETE REGISTRATION BUTTON.
- The Name of the candidate or his /her Father/ Husband etc. should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the Certificates/ Mark sheets/Identity proof. Any change/alteration found may disqualify the candidature.
- Validate your details and Save your application by clicking the ‘Validate your details' and ‘Save & Next' button.
- Candidates can proceed to upload Photo & Signature as per the specifications given in the Guidelines for Scanning and Uploading of Photograph and Signature.
- Candidates can proceed to fill other details of the Application Form.
- Click on the Preview Tab to preview and verify the entire application form before COMPLETE REGISTRATION.
- Modify details, if required, and click on ‘COMPLETE REGISTRATION' ONLY after verifying and ensuring that the photograph, signature uploaded and other details filled by you are correct.
- Click on ‘Payment' Tab and proceed for payment.
- Click on ‘Submit' button.