Benefits of Choosing Oliveboard's Mock Test Series
1. In Oliveboard's SEBI Grade A mock tests, aspirants have the opportunity to practice questions that are based on the latest exam pattern so as to be better prepared for the real exam.
2. The AI-based analysis feature gives you an exact picture of your strong and weak areas so that you can take relevant steps to strengthen your grasp on topics you struggle with.
3. Lastly, the detailed solutions to each question demonstrate the right way to approach a particular type of question. It is explained for each question so you gain a deeper understanding of that specific topic.
Oliveboard's SEBI Grade A Mock Test Pack Includes:
- 10 Mock Tests for Phase 1, Paper 1
- 10 Mock Tests for Phase 1, Paper 2
- 10 Mock Tests for Phase 2, Paper 2
- Topic-Wise Tests for all 6 sections of Paper 2 (Phase 1 and Phase 2)
Let us look at the SEBI Grade A exam pattern here:
SEBI Grade A Selection Procedure for Grade A Officers
Mode of selection is a three-stage process:
- Phase 1 (Prelims)
- Phase 2 (Mains)
- Phase 3 (Interview)
SEBI Grade A Exam Pattern
Here is the selection process for the SEBI Grade A recruitment exam:
SEBI Grade A Phase 1 Exam Pattern (Prelims)
(On-line screening examination consisting of two papers of 100 marks each)
Paper 1 - 100 Marks - 60 Minutes - 30% cut off
Paper 2 - 100 Marks - 40 Minutes - 40% cut off
|Paper-1||All Streams: MCQs on the subjects viz.|
1. General Awareness (including some questions related to the Financial Sector of easy to moderate difficulty level),
2. English Language
3. Quantitative Aptitude
4. Test of Reasoning.
|Paper-2||General Stream: MCQs on subjects of Commerce, Accountancy, Management, Finance, Costing, Companies Act and Economics.|
Legal, Information Technology & Official Language Stream: MCQs on Specialized subjects related to the stream.
Research Stream: MCQs on subjects of Economics, Econometrics, Statistics, Finance and Commerce.
| || || ||40%|
Important Pointers to note about the Phase 1 exam pattern:
- There shall be negative marking (1/4th of marks assigned to the question) for Paper 1 and Paper 2 in Phase 1.
- There shall be a cut-off of a minimum of 30% for Paper 1 (no sectional cut-off shall be there) and a cut-off of a minimum of 40% for Paper 2 in Phase 1.
- Candidates would need to secure separate cut-offs in each paper as mentioned above as well as aggregate cut-off marks of 40% in the Phase 1 exam to be shortlisted for Phase 2.
- Marks obtained in Phase 1 shall be used only for shortlisting the candidates for the Phase 2 examination process and will not be counted for the final selection of the candidates.
- Subject to the criteria mentioned in (iii) above, all the candidates who clear Phase 1 shall be shortlisted for Phase 2. A list of candidates shortlisted for Phase 2 will be made available on the SEBI website.
SEBI Grade A Phase 2 Exam Pattern (Mains)
(On-line examination consisting of two papers of 100 marks each)
Paper 1 - 100 Marks - 60 Mins - 30% cutoff
Paper 2 - 100 Marks - 40 Marks - 40% cutoff
|Paper 1||All streams:|
(Descriptive Test) to
test the drafting skills
|General Stream: MCQs on subjects Commerce, Accountancy, Management, Finance, Costing, Companies Act, and Economics.||100||40 minutes||40%||2/3rd|
|Legal & Official Language Stream: MCQs on Specialized subjects related to the stream.||100||40 minutes||40%||2/3rd|
|Research Stream: MCQs on subjects of Economics, Econometrics, Statistics, Finance, and Commerce||100||40 minutes||40%||2/3rd|
|Information Technology Stream: Coding Test (Languages: C++/JAVA/Python||100||180 minutes||40%||2/3rd|
**The aggregate cut-off of Phase 2 (Paper 1 & Paper 2) is 50%.
Important Pointers to note about the Phase 2 exam pattern:
- Candidates shortlisted for Phase 2 will be issued new hall tickets.
- For candidates who have applied in multiple streams, Paper 2 will be conducted in various shifts, the timings of which will be intimated in the Hall Ticket. Paper 2 of the IT stream shall be held separately on April 03, 2022.
- There shall be negative marking (1/4th of marks assigned to the question) for Paper 2 in Phase II (except IT stream).
- There shall be a cut-off of a minimum of 30% for Paper 1 and a cut-off of a minimum of 40% for Paper 2 in Phase 2.
- Candidates would need to secure separate cut-off in each paper as mentioned in (iv) above as well as aggregate cut-off marks of 50% in Phase 2 exam (weightage of 1/3rd for Paper 1 and 2/3rd for Paper 2) to be shortlisted for Phase 3.
- Subject to the criteria mentioned at (v) above, candidates equaling 3 times the number of vacancies shall be shortlisted, in order of merit, for Phase 3 i.e. the Interview. A list of candidates shortlisted for Interviews will be made available on the SEBI website.
- All question papers (in both Phases, except the test of English) will be set bilingually in Hindi and English.
SEBI Grade A 2022 Phase 3 (Interview)
Only the shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview. The application fee shall not be refunded to the candidates not shortlisted for Phase II and Interview. The candidate may opt for an interview either in Hindi or English. The weightage of marks obtained in Phase II will be 85%, while marks obtained in the interview shall be given a weightage of 15%. SEBI reserves the right to modify the selection procedure if deemed fit.
Check out SEBI Grade A 2022 Syllabus Here.