About JK Police SI
J&K Services Selection Board (JKSSB) is a service recruiting board constituted by the Government of Jammu and Kashmir that conducts examinations for various departmental services or non gazetted posts in the union territory of Jammu and Kashmir. JKSSB has advertised notification for JK Police SI requisitioned by the Home Department under provisions of the Jammu & Kashmir Civil Services.
JK Police SI Exam Notification
JKSSB has released the Advertisement for JK Police SI Recruitment 2021 by the Home Department under provisions of the Jammu & Kashmir Civil Services along with other relevant rules for this recruitment drive. A total of 800 vacancies have been released, and eligible candidates can apply online between 10-11-2021 and 10-12-2021. Read along to know about the JK Police SI Recruitment 2021.
JK Police SI Recruitment 2021 Overview
Download JK Police SI Official Notification
|Origination Name||J&K Services Selection Board|
|Name of Post||Sub Inspector|
|No. of Vacancy||800 Posts|
|Selection Process||Written Examination|
Physical Standard Test
Physical Endurance Test
|Application Submission Start Date||10-11-2021|
|Last Date to Apply Online||10-12-2021|
JK Police SI Recruitment – Total Vacancy
The J&K Services Selection Board invites online application from eligible candidates for participation in the selection process for UT Cadre post of the Sub Inspector of the Jammu and Kashmir Police, as per the detailed given below.
JK Police SI Posts/Vacancies announced for Home Department as per the details given below –
|S.No.||Reference of Indent||Department||Name of the post||No. of posts received|
|1||Home /PB-III/ 34 /2021 dated 02.07.2021||Home Department||Sub-Inspector||800|
| ||Total Posts|| || ||800|
JK Police SI – Category wise Vacancy
|Sub- Department.|| OM|| SC||ST||OSC||ALC / IB||RBA||PSP||EWS||Total|
|J&K Police Department||400||64||80||32||32||80||32||80||800|
JK Police SI Exam Pattern
Written Examination: The written Examination will consist of Objective Type, Multiple choice questions only. The questions will be set in English only.
|Section #||Section Name||Total Number of Questions||Max Score||Marks for correct Answer||Negative Marking for Wrong Answer|
- There will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
- Marks scored by candidates in the written test will be normalized if required, to determine final merit and cut-off marks.
- The syllabus for the post shall be notified separately.
JK Police SI Answer Keys
Tentative Answer Keys, in due course after the Examination, will be placed on the website of the Board (www.jkssb.nic.in). Any representation regarding Answer Keys received within the time limit fixed by the Board at the time of uploading of the Answer Keys, will be scrutinized and the decision of the Board in this regard will be final. No representation regarding Answer keys shall be entertained, afterwards.
JK Police SI Exam Eligibility
Academic Qualification: A candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized University.
For Ex-Servicemen (Academic Qualification): A matriculate ex-serviceman (which term includes an ex-serviceman,
- who has obtained the Indian Army Certificate of Education or the corresponding certificate in the Navy or Air force);
- who has put in not less than 15 years of service in the armed Force may be considered eligible for appointment to these posts.
Age limit: – (as on 01-01-2021)
The requirement of age for Open Merit & various Reserved Categories candidates are as follows: –
|Sl.||Category||Min Age||Max Age||Not born before||Not born After|
|(vi)||EWS(Economically Weaker Section)||18||28||01-01-1993||01-01-2003|
|(vii)||PSP(Pahari Speaking People)||18||28||01-01-1993||01-01-2003|
|(ix)||In-Service Police Personnel||18||30||01-01-1991||01-01-2003|
|(x)||Government Service/Contractual Employment||18||28||01-01-1993||01-01-2003|
|(xi)||Every Ex-Servicemen having served in the Armed Forces shall be allowed to deduct the period of such Service from his actual Age and if the Resultant age does not Exceed the maximum age limit prescribed for the post by more than 3 years, he shall be deemed to satisfy the condition regarding Age Limit.|| || || || |
Physical Standard Required –
Male Candidates –
- Height : 5′.6” (minimum)
- Chest : 32” (unexpanded): 33½” (expanded)
Female Candidates –
Candidates belonging to Ladakh Region and Gorkha community –
Male Candidates –
- Height : 5′.4” (minimum)
- Chest : 32” (unexpanded) : 33½” (expanded)
Female Candidates –
For Males candidates
- Long Race : 1600 meters in 6½ minutes ( Six minutes thirty seconds )
- Pushups: 20 ( one cycle of up and down to be counted as one)
For Female candidates –
- Long Race: 1000 meters in 6½ minutes (Six minutes and 30 seconds)
- Shot put(4Kgs) : 14½ feet in three attempts.
i) For Male candidates- Age upto 30 years :
- Race 1600 metres -6 ½ minutes. (Six minutes and 30 seconds)
- Push ups- 20(one cycle of up and down to be counted as one)
Age-Above 30-40 years:
- Race 1600 metres-7 ½ Minutes (Seven minutes and 30 seconds)
- push ups-16 (one cycle of up and down to be counted as one)
Age-Above 40 years:
- Race 1600 metres- 8 ½ Minutes (Eight Minutes thirty seconds)
- Push ups-12 (one cycle of up and down to be counted as one)
ii) For Female Candidates:
Age-Upto 30 years :
- Race 1000 meters -6 ½ Minutes ( Six Minutes thirty seconds)
- Shot Put (4 kgs) 14 ½ Feet in three attempts.
Age-Above 30 to 40 years:
- Race 1000 Metres-7 ½ mintues( Seven Minutes thirty seconds)
- Shot Put (4 kgs) 12 ½ Feet in three attempts.
Age-Above 40 years:
- Race 1000 Metres-8 ½ minutes (Eight Minutes thirty seconds)
- Shot Put (4 kgs) 10 ½ Feet in three attempts.
- Candidates applying against the posts hall have to qualify Physical Standard Test and Physical Endurance test to be eligible for appearing in next level of selection.
- The above posts are subject to changes, if any, on account of reconciliation with the concerned department.
- The above Pay Scale is subject to changes, if any, at the time of appointment by the Indenting department.
How to Apply
Candidates are eagerly waiting for the JKSSB SI Application window to open. We are providing the detailed steps to apply for JK Police SI online. Follow the step-by-step process given below.
Steps to Apply Online for JKSSB SI Recruitment :
- Visit the Official Website of JKSSB.
- Click on Recruitment Tab Option.
- Click on On – going Vacancies for the Given Posts..
- Click on Online Application.
- Click on New User & Register Yourself.
- If already registered login with your Username & Password.
- Fill All the Required Details.
- Click on Final Submission.
- Take a Print out of Application.
In-service candidates shall submit print out of filled online application form along with duly filled, signed and stamped certificate given at last paragraph of the application form through proper channel viz., the concerned Head of Department (as defined in the JK Book of Financial Powers).
NOTE : Save the details of Application Number, Registration Number, Username, Password, etc. carefully with you, so you don’t have to face problems in the further selection process.
JK Police SI Recruitment – Application Fee
- Fee payable: Rs 550/- (Rs Five Hundred Fifty only).
- In case of candidates belonging to SC/ST category, the fee payable shall be Rs.400/- only.
Fee can be paid only online through Net Banking, Credit or Debit cards.
JK Police SI Exam Center
The J&K Services Selection Board shall notify the Venue /Centre(s) of examination separately. No representation/ request for change in this regard shall be entertained, whatsoever be the reason.
JK Police SI Salary
JK Police SI Salary lies in the pay scale of Level 6C (35700-113100). Selected candidates will receive the basic pay of Rs. 35,700 at the time of joining.