About UPSSSC PET Exam
The Uttar Pradesh Subordinate Services Selection Commission (UPSSSC) is the state organization authorized to conduct civil service examinations for appointments to various Group C and Group D posts within the state of Uttar Pradesh. UPSSSC was constituted under the provisions of the U.P. Subordinate Services Selection Commission Act 2014 (often shortened to UPSSSC Act 2014) after it was recognized that there was a need for a recruitment drive to attract people to Group 'C' and Group 'D' positions within the state departments dealing with civil services. PET stands for Preliminary Eligibility Test. Some examinations conducted by the U.P. Subordinate Services Selection Commission from time to time:
- Junior Assistant Examination (Civil Services)
- Stenographer Examination.(Civil Services)
- Clerk (Civil Services)
- Revenue Inspector (Civil Services)
- Junior Engineer (Engineering)
- VDO (Civil Services)
- Lower Subordinate Services (Civil Services)
- Assistant Statistical Officer (Civil Services)
- Revenue Inspector Exam (Civil Services)
- Assistant Accountant & Auditor (Civil Services)
UPSSSC PET Exam 2022- Notification
The Uttar Pradesh Subordinate Services Selection Commission (UPSSSC) has released the notification for the PET (Preliminary Eligibility Test) exam 2021. This exam will be conducted for the candidates preparing for Group C posts. In this article, you will come across UPSSSC's important dates, online application, eligibility criteria, exam patterns, and many more. Read the entire piece to know everything about the UPSSSC PET Exam and how to prepare for the exam.
UPSSSC PET Mock Test 2022
Get the Latest pattern UPSSSC PET online mock tests in Hindi & English for the preparation of the UPSSSC PET Online Exam. The UPSSSC PET mock tests include practice questions of varying difficulty levels to help you clear the UPSSSC PET 2021 exam with great success.
- The UPSSSC PET 2021 mock tests have the following features:
- The UPSSSC PET online test series will consist of 10 full-length UPSSSC PET Mock Tests
- All Mock Tests for UPSSSC PET Exam will be as per the latest pattern with detailed solutions
- The mock tests are created by exam toppers and experts.
- Analyze your performance with the help of AI-Based Analysis. Get an all-India ranking.
- The tests will help you focus & improve on your weak areas.
UPSSSC PET Exam 2022 Important Dates
|UPSSSC PET Exam 2022 Important Events
|Important Dates UPSSSC PET Exam 2022
|Starting date of Online registration 2022
|28th June 2022
|Last date to apply for online registration 2022
|27th July 2022
|Last date for payment of application fees 2022
|27th July 2022
|Last date of correction in the application form 2022
|28th July 2022
|Admit card release date 2022
|UPSSSC PET Exam date 2022
|UPSSSC Result date 2022
|To be announced
Also Read : UPSSSC PET Syllabus & Pattern
UPSSSC PET Exam Apply Online
The interested candidates willing to give exams can apply for the UPSSSC PET on the official website of UPSSSC- http://upsssc.gov.in/Default.aspx.
The candidates need to follow series of steps for smooth filing of the application form listed below:
Step 1: Go to the official website of UPSSSC- http://upsssc.gov.in/Default.aspx.
Step 2: From the listed tabs, select "Candidate Registration."
Step 3: The screen will display the notification of the PET Examination. Now, click on "Apply."
Step 4: If you are new, complete your registration after creating a login ID and password. Before completing your registration process, ensure that you are aware of all the relevant details and accept the declaration.
Step 5: You need to enter all personal information, including your name, DOB, address, contact, qualification details, etc., to complete your registration.
Step 6: Now, you need to refer to the online application and upload all the required documents/images as the case may be. The format of the photograph must be (jpg/jpeg/png) and signature. The size of the file must be between 5 kb to 30 kb.
Step 7: Proceed to the payment section after submitting the relevant details and pay the fee as applicable.
Step 8: Always Print the application form and keep it for future reference. It is the hardcopy evidence of the application filled.
UPSSSC PET Exam Eligibility Criteria
There are eligibility criteria of the UPSSSC PET Exam in respect to age, and educational qualifications are as follows:
1. Age Limit
The candidate's age should be between 18 – 40 years as of 1st July 2021. This age limit criterion is applicable for all persons other than those listed below for:
- Other Backward Classes/ Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes: The age limit is relaxed up to 5 years. It means that person belonging to these castes can apply between 18-45 years as of 1st July 2021.
- Sportsperson Candidates: The age limit is relaxed up to 5 years. It means that a person belonging to this category can also apply between 18-45 years as of 1st July 2021.
- Ex-serviceman Candidates: The age limit is relaxed up to 3 years. It means that a person belonging to this category can apply between 18-43 years as of 1st July 2021.
- Physical Handicapped (PWD) Candidates: The age limit is relaxed up to 15 years. It means that a person belonging to this category can apply between 18-55 years as of 1st July 2021.
2. Educational Qualification
The candidates must have completed High School Education (minimum 10th standard) from the recognised board.
UPSSSC PET Exam 2022 Selection Process
UPSSSC has proposed a two-tier examination system for upcoming exams due to the high number of candidates applying for limited posts. The selection process for the upcoming exam is as follows:
- Tier 1 – PET Exam (candidates must score minimum qualifying marks in PET exam)
- Tier 2 – Mains Exam/Physical Test/Skill Test as the case may be.
After the completion of the two-tier examination, the commission will verify the required documents of the candidates.
UPSSSC PET Exam 2022 Pattern
The exam pattern as per the online notification released for the UPSSSC PET Exam is as follows:
- Mode of Exam: The exam will be conducted in offline mode.
- Type of Examination: It will be an Objective Type Questions Examination.
- Total Number of Questions: A total of 100 questions will be asked in the exam.
- Total duration of exam: Total time allowed will be 2 hours.
- Total Marks: The examination is for 100 marks.
- Negative Marking: There will be a negative marking of 1/4th or 0.25 marks per question for every wrong answer.
UPSSSC PET Exam Marks Distribution Details
The exam will comprise 5 sections:
- General Intelligence
- General Knowledge
|Number of Questions / Marks
|Indian National Movement
|Indian Constitution & Public Administration
|Table Interpretation & Analysis
|Analysis of Hindi Unread Passage
*Each question will be of 1 mark.
UPSSSC PET Syllabus 2022
UPSSSC PET involves 100 questions with a weightage of 100 marks in total. Below is the detailed syllabus of the UPSSSC PET Exam, the details of which are provided below:
|Antonyms (विलोम शब्द)
|A word for phrases (वाक्यांशो के लिए एक शब्द)
|Synonym words (पर्यायवाची शब्द)
|Equivalent words (समश्रुत भिन्नार्थक शब्द)
|Common errors (सामान्य अशुद्धियां)
|Idioms (मुहावरे लोकोत्तियां)
|Writers and compositions – prose and poetry (लेखक एवं रचनाएं – गद्य एवं पद्य)
|Whole Numbers, Fractions and Decimals
|Simple Arithmetic Equations
|Exponent and Powers
|Square and Square Roots
|Questions on Passage
Logic & Reasoning
Logic & Reasoning
|Order & Ranking
|Calendar & Watch
|Cause & Effect
|Coding-Decoding – Numbers and Letters
|Large and Small
|Negative Reasoning – Statement Analysis and Decision
|National Current Affairs
|International Current Affairs
|Countries, Capitals and Currencies
|Indian States & UTs
|National and International Days and their Importance
|World Organization and Headquarters
|Indian Tourism Destination
|Indian Art & Culture
|Indian & International Sports
|Indian Research Institutes
|Books and Authors
|Awards and Honours
|Climate Change and Environment
|2 Unseen passage, 5 questions on each (total 10 questions)
Graph Analysis & Interpretation
|Graph Analysis & Interpretation
|2 Graphs, 5 questions on each (total 10 questions)
Table Analysis & Interpretation
|Table Analysis & Interpretation
|2 Tables, 5 questions on each (total 10 questions)
Indian History & National Movement
Indian History and National Movement
|Indus Valley Civilization
|Legislative Amendment and the British India Act, 1935
|Quit India Movement
|The Rise of British Raj and first freedom struggle
|Social and Economic Impact of the British Raj
|The early years of the Independence Movement
|Swadeshi and Civil Disobedience Movement
|Revolutionary Movement and the Rise of Extremism
|Political Geography of India and the World
|Climate and Weather
|Population Change and Migration
Physical Geography of India and the World
- River and its Valleys
- Groundwater resources
- Desert and dry areas
- Mountains and glaciers
- Mineral resources
|Economic reforms in 1991 and the economy thereafter
Post-2014 Economic reforms
- Structural reforms
- Labour reforms
- Financial improvement
Indian Economy from 1947 to 1991
- Planning commission and five year plans
- Green revolution
- Development of mixed economy: private and public sector
- Milk development and operation flood
- Nationalization and reforms of banks
Indian Constitution & Public Administration
Indian Constitution & Public Administration
- Salient features of Indian Constitution
- Fundamental Rights and Duties
- Directive Principles of State Policy
- Parliamentary system
- Federal system, Union, and Union Territories, and Union State Relations
- Judicial Structure, Supreme Court, High Court
|Local Bodies and Panchayati Raj Institutions
UPSSSC PET Admit Card
The PET Admit Card will be issued on the UPSSSC official website http://upsssc.gov.in/Default.aspx. The candidates are required to download it from the website and take a printout. At the examination centers, they need to show the hard copy of the admit card.
Here are quick steps to download the UPSSSC PET Exam, Admit Card:
Step 1: Visit the website http://upsssc.gov.in/Default.aspx.
Step 2: Scroll down the website. Under the Application Segment, click on "Examination Interview."
Step 3: Click on "Download written exam admit card."
Step 4: You are required to enter some details like Registration number, DOB, Gender, and E-mail verification code. Press on "Download admit card" and take a printout.
UPSSSC PET Answer Key 2022
The examination body generally releases the answer keys after the exams on the official website. This way, you can check your answers and calculate your overall score based on guidelines. Till then, you need to wait for the cut-off to be announced.
Cut Off of UPSSSC PET Examination 2022
The UPSSSC cutoff varies from post to post. The candidates need to check the cut-off marks of the respective posts. Cutoffs are declared after the examinations. Just wait for the exam to get over and check the cut-offs on the UPSSSC website of UPSSSC.
Preparation Tips for UPSSSC PET 2022
You must be wondering "how to prepare for the UPSSSC PET examination." Here are some quick tips that may help you out during the preparation:
- Go through the syllabus thoroughly and divide the less relevant and more relevant topics. This way, you will be saving your time and energy to understand the less relevant topics.
- Make a proper timetable. Divide your time into the topics to be covered.
- Brush up your concepts rather than cramming them.
- Solve UPSSSC PET past examination papers to understand what kind of questions are asked in the exam.
- Do not take up new material or books in the end. It will only confuse you.
- Give mock tests and sample tests to gain confidence. This practice boosts your confidence and efficiency while attempting the actual paper. You can use online platforms like Oliveboard for the preparations.
24th August 2021