The Common Admission Test (CAT) is a computer-based test for admission to a graduate management program. The test consists of three sections: Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (VARC), Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning (DILR) and Quantitative Ability (QA). The Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) started this exam and use the test for selecting students for their business administration programs (MBA or PGDM). The test is conducted every year by one of the IIMs based on a policy of rotation.
CAT 2021 Notification
CAT Notification 2021 is released on 01 August 2021. This year, the Exam is being conducted by IIM Ahmadabad. The Indian Institute of Management will conduct a computer-based Common Admission Test 2021 (CAT 2021) on Sunday, 28 November 2021, in three sessions. CAT 2021 will be conducted by IIMs as a prerequisite for admission to various management programs of IIMs.
CAT 2021 Important Dates
CAT 2021 will be held on the last Sunday of November 2021 i.e. November 28, 2021. The CAT 2021 official website specifies the CAT registration last date and the dates for downloading admit card. Below are common admission test dates to allow all candidates to keep track of all major CAT 2021 exam events.
|CAT 2021 notification announcement||1 August 2021|
|CAT 2021 Form Date||4 August 2021|
|Last Date to submit the CAT Application form||15 September 2021|
|Correction of CAT application form||Fourth Week of September 2021|
|CAT Mock Test 2021||First Week of November 2021|
|Availability of Admit Card||27 October 2021|
|CAT Exam Date||November 28, 2021|
|CAT 2021 response sheet and question paper release date||First Week of December 2021|
|Start and end date to challenge the CAT Answer Key 2021||First Week of December 2021|
|Release of Final Answer key of CAT 2021||Second Week of December 2021|
|CAT Result 2021||Second Week of December 2021|
|CAT 2021 Selection Process||April – June 2022|
CAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA [45% in case of candidates belonging to the Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons with Disability (PWD) categories], awarded by any University or educational institution as incorporated by an Act of Parliament or State legislature in India or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
- The percentage of marks obtained by the candidate would be calculated based on the practice as followed by the respective University/Institution. In the case of grades/CGPA, the conversion to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure as certified by the respective University/Institution. If any University/institution confirms that there is no scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing the candidate’s CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the result with 100.
- Candidates appearing for the final year of Bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply. However, it may be noted that such candidates, if selected, will be allowed to join the programme provisionally, only if they submit a certificate from the Principal/Registrar of their University/Institution (issued on or before the date as stipulated by the respective IIM) stating that they have completed all the requirements for obtaining the Bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification on the date of the issue of the certificate. IIMs may verify eligibility at various stages of the selection process.
CAT 2021 Exam Pattern & Syllabus
The likely exam pattern for CAT 2021 has two possibilities. Either it will be based on CAT 2020 Pattern to move back to the CAT 2019 pattern.
|CAT 2021 Exam Components||Likely CAT 2021 Pattern (If Covid situation does not improve)||Likely CAT 2021 pattern (If Covid situation improves)|
|Test duration||2 hrs||3 hrs|
|Number Of Shifts||3||2|
|Total questions in VARC||26||34|
|Total Questions in DILR||24||32|
|Total Questions in QA||26||34|
CAT 2021 Syllabus
Number Systems, HCF/LCM, Averages, Percentages, Profit & Loss, Simple/Compound Interest, Equations, Inequalities, Complex numbers, Functions, Probability, Permutation & Combination, Mensuration, Geometry, Co-ordinate Geometry, Trigonometry, Mixtures, Set Theory, Speed & Distance, Work & Time, Progressions, Surds & Indices, Logarithms, Ratio & Proportion.
Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning
Data Tables, Pie Charts, Line Graphs, Other Chart Types, Data Sufficiency, Bar Graphs, Cubes & Dice, Blood Relations, Number & Letter Series, Seating Arrangement, Venn Diagrams, Clocks & Calendars, Analytical Reasoning, Syllogism
Reading Comprehension, Parajumbles, Fill in the Blanks, Vocabulary Based, English Grammar, Sentence Correction, Analogies, Meaning-Usage Match, Verbal / Critical Reasoning, Facts / Inference /Judgement.
CAT 2021 Application Process
The CAT 2021 registration window opens on 4 August 2021 and will close at 5:00 p.m. on September 15, 2021. The details will be available in the registration guide.
At the time of registration, the candidates have to select any six test cities, as per their preference, from a drop-down menu. After the last date of registration, candidates will be allotted one among the six preferred cities subject to availability. In the rare case that a candidate is not allotted any of the preferred cities, he/she will be allotted a nearby city. The candidates can download the admit cards from October 27, 2021, until November 28, 2021.
PAYMENT OF CAT REGISTRATION FEE
- ₹1100 for SC, ST and PwD candidates.
- ₹2200 for all other candidates.
Please note that a candidate needs to pay the registration fee only once, irrespective of the number of institutes he/she is applying for. SC, ST and PwD candidates must upload a copy of their SC/ST/PwD certificates at the time of registration. Fees once paid cannot be refunded under any circumstances.
How To Register For CAT 2021?
Download the complete steps here.
CAT Exam Day Guidelines
- Duration: 120 hours or 2 hours
- 160 minutes or 2:40 hours (For PwD Candidates)
1. Time: Forenoon Session - 08.30 am to 10.30 am
(Candidates Reporting Time: 7.00 am. Candidates NOT allowed entry post 8.15 am)
2. Time: Afternoon Session - 12.30 am to 2.30 pm
(Candidates Reporting Time: 11.00 pm. Candidates NOT allowed entry post 12.15 am)
3. Time: Evening Session - 04.30 am to 6.30 pm
(Candidates Reporting Time: 3.00 pm. Candidates NOT allowed entry post 4.15 am)
CAT 2021 Mock Test
Oliveboard provides online mock tests for the preparation of the CAT Online Exam. The tests include thousands of questions of varying difficulty levels to help you clear the CAT exam with great success.
The CAT mock tests have the following features:
1) The CAT online test series will consist of 10 full-length CAT Mock Tests
2) All Mock Tests for CAT Exam will be as per the latest pattern with detailed solutions
3) The mock tests are created by exam toppers and experts.
4) Analyze your performance with the help of AI-Based Analysis. Get an all-India ranking.
6) The tests will help you focus & improve on your weak areas.
CAT Mock Test Series - FAQs
Q. Is there a Free CAT Mock Test?
A. Yes, the First mock test of the CAT Online Test series is absolutely free. You can directly attempt it by completing the registration. You can register either with a valid email id or through your Facebook account.
Q. Can candidates attempt a mock test multiple times after she/he has purchased the CAT online test series?
A. One test can be attempted once, however you can view the detailed Solution and Analysis multiple times.
Q. Can I attempt Oliveboard Mock tests on my Mobile?
A. Yes, you can. You can attempt all Oliveboard mock tests on our android mobile app as well as a mobile website.
Q. The CAT Online Mock Tests are available in how many languages?
A. You can access the CAT Mock Tests only in English Language.
Q. What are the payment options available for the purchase of the CAT Online Mock Test Series?
A. Following are the available payment options through which payment can be made -:
1. Card- Debit or Credit
3. Online Banking - Any bank
4. Wallet- PhonePe, Paytm, Ola Money, FreeCharge, Oxigen, Airtel
Q. Why should a candidate choose Oliveboards CAT online test series?
A. Oliveboards CAT Mock Tests are designed by expert mentors. The questions are based on previous year trends and simulate a real exam scenario. Candidates get solutions, their performance reports and section-wise analysis to help them improve their weak areas and score higher.
1) How does Oliveboard help in your preparation?
Mock Test Series, Live & Self-paced Sessions, AI-enabled Performance Analysis, and Expert Mentors on Oliveboard platform provide you an immersive learning experience to ace Banking, Insurance, SSC, RRB, Other Govt. and State-level competitive exams even with your smartphone. Create your free account to access selected mock tests, videos, and ebooks now.
2) Why should I practice on Oliveboard?
Oliveboard provides insightful analysis of your mock test performance that helps you improve your speed, accuracy & overall test taking efficiency. Not just that, Oliveboard identifies your weak areas and recommends you personalized videos, ebooks and practice tests on those topics.
3) Does the course cover the entire syllabus?
Yes. The course covers all the topics for the exam.
4) How do I access the courses/locked tests?
Once you sign up, you can access a few of the free trial tests and concepts on the site. Beyond that, a purchase is needed to access the entire course, locked tests, and study notes.
5) What are the payment options available?
You can pay online using Credit Card/Debit Card/Netbanking. If you cannot pay online, you can deposit cash at a nearby SBI/ICICI Bank as well.
6) When will the Course/Test get activated?
If you make an online payment, you get access to the entire course or the premium access immediately. For offline deposits, we upgrade your account within 24 hours of receiving the transaction details from you.
7) What if I do not like the course?
To get your issues resolved, we recommend you to get in touch with us at email@example.com. And if you are still unhappy with anything, we provide a 5-Day Money-Back Guarantee (but we do not think you will need it).
8) How long is the course or the tests valid?
The validity for the plans is mentioned as part of the payment details. Please check this at the time of purchase.
200+ Ebooks for Current Affairs, Static GK, Practice Questions, and more.
Enter email ID and we will send you a link to reset your password.
Password reset details have been mailed to you.
Please wait while we process your request....