About PFRDA: Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA/Authority), is a statutory regulatory body in the financial sector established under the PFRDA Act (23 of 2013) passed by the Parliament of India with the mandate to promote, develop and regulate the Pension Sector in India.
The Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority of India has come up with a job notification for the PFRDA Grade A officers with a total of 22 vacancies. PFRDA recruitment 2022 notification is available on the organization's official page. The streams mentioned for the recruitment for officers in Grade A cadre (Assistant Manager) are General, Finance and Accounts, Information Technology, Research (Economics), Legal and Official Language (Rajbhasha) Streams. The application registration window is from 15th September 2022 to 7th October 2022. You can apply online for the above-given posts if you wish to take this exam. Also, the scheme of the exam is almost similar to the scheme of the SEBI Grade A exam. You can check the detailed exam pattern in the section given below.
PFRDA Recruitment 2022 - Exam Overview
Here are the complete details of the PFRDA Grade A 2022 exam:
1. PFRDA Grade A Recruitment Notification 2022
Read on to know all the important details given in PFRDA Grade A 2022 Notification. All the important dates, online application forms, eligibility criteria, application fees, selection process, exam pattern, etc have been given for your reference.
|Conducting Authority||Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority |
|Posts (Streams)||General, Finance and Accounts, Information Technology, Research (Economics), Legal and Official Language (Rajbhasha)|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Online Application||15th September 2022 to 7th October 2022|
|PFRDA Grade A Phase 1 (Prelims) Exam Date||5th November 2022|
|SEBI Grade A Phase 2 (Mains) Exam Date||4th December 2022|
|Mode of Selection|
It will be a three-stage process i.e.,
Phase I (online Screening examination consisting of two papers of 100 marks each),
Phase II (online examination consisting of two papers of 100 marks each) and
Phase III (Interview).
|PFRDA Grade A 2022 Total Vacancy||22|
Download PFRDA 2022 Recruitment Notification PDF for Grade A Officers Here.
2. PFRDA Grade A 2022 Important Dates
Here are PFRDA Grade A 2022 online application start dates and exam dates for Phase 1 (Prelims), Phase 2 (Mains) and Phase 3 (Interview).
|Application Start Date||15 September 2022|
|Application End Date||7 October 2022|
|Phase 1 Online Exam Date||5th November 2022|
|Phase 2 Online Exam Date||4th December 2022 |
|Phase 3 - Interview||To be Announced|
3. PFRDA Grade A 2022 Vacancies
Here are the stream-wise vacancies announced in the PFRDA Grade A 2022 recruitment notification.
|Stream||SC||ST||OBC||EWS#||UR/ GEN||Out of which PwBD*||Total Posts|
1 – B
|Finance and Accounts||-||-||-||-||2||-||2|
|Official Language (Rajbhasha)||-||-||-||-||1||-||1|
|Total|| || || || || || ||22|
4. PFRDA Grade A Eligibility Criteria - Age Limit & Educational Qualifications
Let's know more about the PFRDA Grade A 2022 eligibility criteria for all the streams/posts here.
4.1. PFRDA Grade A Officer – Age Limit
You must not have exceeded the age of 30 years as on July 31, 2022, i.e., you must have been born on or after August 01, 1992.
The upper age limit prescribed above will be relaxable:
1. Up to a maximum of 5 years for candidates belonging to an SC/ST if the posts are reserved for them.
2. Up to a maximum of 3 years in the case of candidates belonging to OBC who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates if the posts are reserved for them.
3. Relaxation of 10 years for PwBD candidates shall be applicable whether the post is reserved or not. Relaxation of 13 years for PwBD (OBC) candidates where vacancies are reserved for OBC candidates. Relaxation of 15 years for PwBD (SC/ST) candidates where vacancies are reserved for SC/ST candidates.
4. Relaxation of 5 (five) years for ex-servicemen.
5. Candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes and the Other Backward Classes who are also covered under the category of Persons with Benchmark Disabilities and Ex-servicemen will be eligible for a grant of cumulative age- relaxation.
4.1. PFRDA Grade A Officer – Educational Qualifications (Stream-Wise)
Master's Degree in any discipline
Bachelor' s Degree in Law
Bachelor's degree in Engineering from a recognized University
ACA/ FCA from ICAI or ACS/ FCS from ICSI or ACMA/ FCMA from ICMAI (erstwhile AICWA/ FICWA from ICWAI)
CFA from CFA Institute
|Finance and Accounts|
Graduation from a recognized university AND ACA/ FCA from ICAI
ACS/ FCS from ICSI
ACMA/ FCMA from ICMAI (Erstwhile AICWA/ FICWA from ICWAI)
CFA from CFA Institute.
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (electrical / electronic and communication / information technology / computer science)
Master's in computer application
Bachelor's degree in any discipline with a postgraduate qualification (minimum 2 years duration) in computers/information technology.
Minimum Experience: Post Qualification experience of 2 years in the field of Information Technology.
|Research (Economics)||Master's Degree in Statistics/ Economics/ Commerce/ Business Administration (Finance)/ Econometrics.|
|Legal||Bachelor's Degree in Law from a recognized University/ Institute.|
|Official Language (Rajbhasha)|
Master's Degree in Hindi with English as one of the subjects at the bachelor's degree level
Master's degree in Sanskrit/ English/ Economics/ Commerce with Hindi as a subject at bachelor's degree level from a recognized University/ Institute.
Other Key Conditions for the Eligibility
- Candidates belonging to the OBC category but coming in the 'Creamy Layer' are not entitled to OBC reservations. They should indicate their category as '(UR/GEN)'.
- Candidates are expected to be computer literate and conversant with MS–Office (Word and Excel) applications.
- A Post Graduate Diploma in any discipline from a recognized University/ Institute will be accepted as the educational requirement for the General stream and a Post Graduate Diploma in Statistics / Economics / Commerce / Business Administration (Finance)/ Econometrics will be acceptable as the educational requirement for Research Streams, provided the same is recognized as equivalent to a Master's Degree in that discipline by Govt. of India. The onus to provide the necessary documents in this regard shall be on the candidates.
- Candidates are permitted to apply for a maximum of 2 streams only for which he/she is eligible to apply, as per their educational qualifications. A separate online application for each stream will have to be submitted and requisite fees are to be paid for each application. In case a candidate applies more than once in a Single Stream and/ or applies for more than 2 Streams, only the latest applications shall be considered valid, and the other applications shall be rejected.
- The candidate must hold a degree from any of the Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification from a Foreign University recognized by the Association of Indian Universities.
- The date of passing the eligibility examination will be the date appearing on the mark sheet or provisional certificate issued by the University/Institute. In case the result of a particular examination is posted on the website of the University/Institute, a certificate issued by the appropriate authority of the University/Institute indicating the date on which the result was posted on the website will be taken as the date of passing.
- Candidates who have appeared for the final examinations and waiting for the results are eligible to appear in Phase I, Phase II & Phase III of the selection process. However, the offer to join PFRDA to the selected candidates shall be subject to the production of necessary documents evidencing successfully obtaining the requisite qualification.
5. PFRDA Grade A Exam Pattern - Modes of Selection
The mode of selection would be a three-stage process i.e.
- Phase 1 (online screening examination consisting of two papers of 100 marks each),
- Phase 2 (online examination consisting of two papers of 100 marks each) and
- Phase 3 (Interview).
PFRDA Grade A Phase 1 Exam Pattern (Prelims)
|Paper||Streams/ Subject||Maximum Marks||No. of Questions||Duration|
Paper 1 (MCQs)
For all Streams
|English Language||25||20||60 minutes|
|Test of Reasoning||25||20|
|General Awareness (including some questions related to Financial Sector)||25||20|
|Paper 2||General Stream: MCQs on subjects Commerce, Accountancy, Management, Finance, Costing, Companies Act, Economics and Pension Sector.||100||50||40 minutes|
MCQs on Specialised Subject Related to Streams
(Information Technology, Finance and Accounts, Research (Economics), Legal and Official Language (Rajbhasha)
Important Points to Note about the Phase 1 Exam Pattern:
- There shall be negative marking (1/4th of marks assigned to the question) for Paper 1 and Paper 2 in Phase 1.
- You would need to secure separate cut-offs in each paper as well as aggregate cut-off marks in Phase 1 to be shortlisted for Phase 2.
- The minimum aggregate cut-off marks for being shortlisted for Phase 2 will be decided by the Authority in relation to the number of vacancies.
- Marks obtained in Phase 1 shall be used only for shortlisting for Phase 2 and will not be counted for the final selection of the candidates.
- If you are qualified, you will be intimated the date and time for Phase 2 by e-mail and/or call letter and a list of all such candidates will also be made available on the website of PFRDA.
PFRDA Grade A Phase 2 Exam Pattern (Mains)
|Paper||Streams/ Subject||Maximum Marks||No. of Questions||Duration|
|Paper 1||All Streams: English (Descriptive Test) to test the drafting skills||100||3|
|Paper 2||General Stream: MCQs on subjects Commerce, Accountancy, Management, Finance, Costing, Companies Act, Economics and Pension Sector.|
|MCQs on Specialised subjects related to stream: Information Technology, Finance and Accounts Research (Economics), Legal and Official Language (Rajbhasha)|
PFRDA Grade A Phase 3 Exam Pattern (Interview)
All the candidates who clear the Phase 2 exam, will be called for the interview round. You can opt for an interview either in Hindi or English.
The marks obtained in Phase 2 online examination will be allotted a weightage of 85%, while the marks obtained in the Phase 3 Interview will be allotted a weightage of 15%.
PFRDA Grade A Salary
Presently, the gross emolument of a PFRDA Grade A officer is at the minimum of scale is approx. Rs. 1,40,000/- per month.
It includes PFRDA's contribution towards the National Pension System (NPS), Grade Allowance, Special Allowance, Special Grade Allowance, Dearness Allowance, Local Allowance, Family Allowance, Special Compensatory Allowance, Learning Allowance and Housing Allowance, etc.
PFRDA Grade A Officer's Payscale
The pay scale of Officers in Grade ‘A' is Rs. 44500-2500(4)-54500-2850(7)-74450-EB-2850(4)- 85850-3300(1)-89150 (17 years).
PFRDA Grade A Officer's Probation Period
The successful candidates recruited for the post of Officer Grade ‘A' (Assistant Manager) shall undergo probation of one year.
PFRDA Grade A Officer's Allowances
- Contribution to National Pension System (NPS),
- Grade Allowance,
- Special Grade Allowance,
- Dearness Allowance,
- Local Allowance,
- Family Allowance,
- Special Compensatory Allowance,
- Learning Allowance
- Housing Allowance
PFRDA Grade A Officer's Benefits and Perks
Other benefits include viz.,
- Leave Fare Concession,
- Medical Expenses (Hospitalisation and Non-Hospitalisation),
- Personal Accident Insurance,
- Eye Refraction/ Cost of Spectacles,
- Education Allowance,
- Financial Dailies,
- Book Grant,
- Conveyance Expenses,
- House Cleaning Allowance,
- Staff Furnishing Scheme,
- Scheme for Purchasing Computers,
- Sodexo Meal Card
and all other benefits are admissible to an Officer Grade ‘A' in PFRDA.
PFRDA Grade A Officer's Qualification Allowance
In addition to pay and benefits, a Grade A officer would also be eligible for qualification allowance as under:
|Qualification||Completion Level||Qualification Allowance per month|
|Fellow of the Institute of Actuaries of India (IAI)||Rs. 80,000/-|
Pass or exemption in all Seven(07) ‘Core
Principles' subjects of the Institute of Actuaries of India (IAI) Examination.
|Finance & Accounts||ACA / ACMA (erstwhile AICWA) / ACS/ CFA||Rs. 3,500/-|
|Information Technology||Master's Degree||Rs. 3,500/-|
Statistics / Law / Finance
Doctorate of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
PFRDA Grade A Officer's Posting
The recruited officer may be transferred to any location in India where PFRDA has its Offices i.e. New Delhi or Mumbai or a Regional Office at any other centre which may open in future and be posted to any department, irrespective of stream.
PFRDA Recruitment 2022 Apply Online
Important points to note before applying online for the PFRDA Grade A 2022 exam:
- Candidates who are already in service of Govt./ Quasi-Govt. Organizations and Public Sector Banks/ Undertakings will have to produce a "NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE" from their employer, at the time of the Interview.
- Before appointment in PFRDA, a proper discharge certificate from the employer will have to be produced at the time of joining.
PFRDA Recruitment 2022 - How to Apply for the Assistant Manager Post (Grade A)?
You are required to apply online through the website www.pfrda.org.in from 15 September 2022 to 7th October 2022 and no other mode of application will be accepted.
Before applying online, candidates should:
- Scan their photograph and signature ensuring that both the photograph and signature adhere to the required specifications as given under Guidelines for uploading of photograph & signature scan.
- The left thumb impression should be properly scanned and not smudged. (If a candidate is not having a left thumb, he/she may use his/ her right thumb for applying.)
- Scan the handwriting declaration ensuring that the document adheres to the required specifications as given under Guidelines for uploading of handwriting declaration. The text for the handwritten declaration is as follows: "I, (Name of the candidate), hereby declare that all the information submitted by me in the application form is correct, true, and valid. I will present the supporting documents as and when required."
- Have a valid personal email ID and mobile number, which should be kept active till the completion of this recruitment process.
- Use this apply online link to visit the PFRDA's online application page.
- To register your application, choose the tab "CLICK HERE FOR NEW REGISTRATION" and enter your Name, Contact details and Email ID. A provisional registration number and password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. Note down the provisional registration number and Password. An email & SMS indicating the provisional registration number and password will also be sent.
- In case you are unable to complete the application form in one go, you can save the data already entered by choosing the "SAVE AND NEXT" tab. Prior to submission of the online application, you are advised to use the "SAVE AND NEXT" facility to verify the details in the online application form and modify the same if required.
- You are advised to carefully fill and verify the details filled in the online application themselves as no change will be possible/ entertained after clicking the "COMPLETE REGISTRATION" BUTTON.
- Your Name and your father/husband's name etc. should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the certificates/mark sheets. Any change/alteration found may disqualify the candidature.
- Validate your details and save your application by clicking the "VALIDATE YOUR DETAILS" and "SAVE & NEXT" buttons.
PFRDA Grade A Officer's Fee Payment
- The payment can be made by using only Debit Cards (Rupay/ Visa/ Master Card/Maestro), Credit cards, Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets.
- After submitting your payment information in the online application form, PLEASE WAIT FOR THE INTIMATION FROM THE SERVER. DO NOT PRESS THE BACK OR REFRESH BUTTON IN ORDER TO AVOID A DOUBLE CHARGE.
- On successful completion of the transaction, an E-Receipt will be generated. You are required to take a printout of the e-receipt.
- Non-generation of 'E-Receipt' indicates PAYMENT FAILURE. On failure of payment, you are advised to log in again using their Provisional Registration Number and Password and repeat the process of payment.
- You are required to take a print of the online application form containing fee details. Please note that if the same cannot be generated, online transactions may not have been successful.
- For Credit Card users: All charges are listed in Indian Rupee. If you use a non-Indian credit card, your bank will convert it to your local currency based on prevailing exchange rates.
- To ensure the security of your data, please close the browser window once your transaction is completed.
- There is a facility to print an application form containing fee details after payment of fees.
Guidelines for upload of photograph, signature, left thumb impression & handwriting declaration
Follow the below-given guidelines while uploading your documents:
- The photograph must be a recent passport size colour picture (4.5cm × 3.5cm)
- The picture should be in colour, against a light-coloured, preferably white background.
- Dimensions 200 x 230 pixels (preferred).
- The size of the file should be between 20kb-50kb.
Signature, Left Thumb Impression and Handwriting Declaration Image
- You have to sign on white paper with a Black Ink pen.
- You have to put your left thumb impression on white paper with BLACK or BLUE ink.
- You have to write the declaration in English clearly on white paper with black ink.
Dimensions 140 x 60 pixels (preferred)
- The size of the file should be between 10kb – 20kb for signature and left thumb impression.
- The size of the handwritten declaration should be 20kb – 50 kb.
- The Signature/Handwriting declaration in CAPITAL LETTERS shall NOT be accepted.
Phase 1 - 5 Nov 2022, Phase 2 - 4 Dec 2022