Mock tests available in English & Hindi
Tests can be taken on Mobile App or PC
Tests available in new pattern
Tests can be attempted anytime. Validity: Jan 31st 2022
Punjab PSC JE Civil
- Validity: End of Exam
- 5 Tests for Punjab PSC JE Civil
About Punjab PSC (PPSC)
The Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC), formerly known as the Joint Public Service Commission, is a government agency and the topmost constitutional body of the Government of Punjab, India. It is responsible for conducting civil services and competitive examinations to various civil services and departmental posts in the jurisdiction of Punjab, India.
Punjab PSC JE Civil Notification
The Punjab Public Service Commission invites Online Application Forms from eligible candidates for recruitment to the 1113 posts of Junior Engineer (Civil) in different civil departments of the Punjab Government.
Punjab PSC JE Civil Important Dates
|Opening Date for Online Registration of Application||18.03.2021|
|Last date for closing of Online Registration of Application||19.05.2021|
|Last Date of submission of fees||26.05.2021|
|Tentative Dates for Computer Based Test (CBT)||Not Declared|
Punjab PSC JC Civil Exam Pattern
|Questions From the Subject (Civil Discipline)||100||250|
|Questions from Logical Reasoning, Mental ability, and General Knowledge||20||50|
Punjab PSC JE Civil Syllabus
1) ENGINEERING DRAWING: Lettering Technique and Practice, Dimensioning Techniques (Necessity of dimensioning, method and principles of dimensioning, etc.), Scales (need and importance of scales, Drawing of plain and diagonal scales, etc.), Projections, Sections, Symbols and Conventions.
2) APPLIED MECHANICS: Introduction, Laws of forces, Moment, Friction, Centre of Gravity, etc.
3) FLUID MECHANICS: Introduction, Properties of Fluids, Hydrostatic Pressure, Measurement of Pressure, Fundamentals of Fluid Flow (Types of Flow, Discharge, hydraulic energy, Bernoulli's theorem, etc.), Flow Measurements (brief description with simple numerical problems, Venturimeter, Pitot tube, Orifice, Current meters, Notches, etc.), Flow-through Pipes (Definition of pipe flow; Reynolds number, laminar and turbulent flow, Critical velocity and velocity distributions in a pipe for laminar flow, Head loss in pipelines, Hydraulic gradient line and total energy line, Pipes in series and parallel, Water hammer phenomenon, etc.), Flow-through open channels (uniform and non-uniform flow, discharge through channels using Chezy’s formula and Manning’s formula, Most economical sections, rectangular, trapezoidal and circular, etc.), Hydraulic Pumps and motors (types, uses and efficiency, etc.)
4) SURVEYING: Basic principles of surveying, Concept and purpose, Instruments used for taking these measurements, etc., Chain surveying, Compass surveying, Levelling, Plane Table Surveying, Total Station Method, Auto Level, Contouring, Theodolite Surveying, Tacho-metric surveying, Curves, Digital Survey, Introduction to the use of Modern Surveying equipment and techniques, Total Stations etc.
5) CONSTRUCTION MATERIALS & BUILDING CONSTRUCTION: General characteristics of stones, Requirements of good building stones, Identification of common building stones, Bricks and Tiles, Cement (Various types of Cements, Properties of cement etc.), Lime, Timber and Wood-Based Products, Paints and Varnishes, Miscellaneous Materials, etc., Introduction to Building Construction, Foundation, Walls, Masonry, Arches and Lintels, Doors, Windows and Ventilators, Damp Proofing and Water Proofing, Floors, Roofs, Stairs, Anti Termite Measures, Building Planning, etc. Concrete uses of concrete in comparison to other building materials, Ingredients of Concrete, Properties of Concrete, proportioning for Normal Concrete, Introduction to Admixtures for improving the performance of concrete, Special Concretes (Concreting under special conditions, difficulties and precautions before, during and after concreting, Ready mix concrete, Fibre reinforced concrete, Polymer Concrete, Fly ash concrete, Sillica fume concrete, etc.), Concreting Operations (Storing of Cement, Storing of Aggregate, Batching, Mixing, Transportation of concrete, Placement of concrete, Compaction, Curing, Jointing, Defects in concrete, etc.).
6) STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING: Simple stresses and strains, Elasticity, Hooke’s Law, Moduli of Elasticity and Rigidity. Stresses and strains of homogeneous materials and composite sections. Types of beams and supports and loads, Concept of bending moment and shear force. Bending moment and shear force diagrams for simple cases. Deflection in beams. Moment area theorem, Bending and shear stresses in circular, rectangular, T and L sections, Introduction to I.S:456 (latest edition), Design of singly and doubly Reinforced beams, Design of Columns-Types of Columns. Short and long column load-carrying capacity, the effective length of the column, lateral and helical ties. I.S. Specifications for reinforcement detailing. Design of slabs types of slabs, one- way slab, two-way slab, I.S. specifications for Reinforcement detailing the method of design as per I.S. code. Design of foundations-isolated footing rectangular footing, square footings, circular footings. Design of tension members in structural steel, gross area, net area, tension splice, Design of compression members, column Page 13 of 18 splice, load-carrying capacities. Design of beams in structural steel, Basic concept of prestressed concrete, advantages of prestressed concrete in comparison with RCC application of prestressed to various building elements, bridges, water tanks, and precast elements, Materials, Prestressing Methods, Bending and Shear Capacity, Losses in Prestressing, etc.
7) EARTHQUAKE RESISTANT BUILDING CONSTRUCTION: Elements of Engineering Seismology, Performance of building during earthquakes and Mode of failure, Special construction method, tips and precautions to be observed while planning, designing and construction of the earthquake-resistant building, Introduction to IS: 4326, IS: 13828, IS: 1893(Part 1), 154326 and IS: 13920 (latest edition), Seismic Provision of Strengthening and Retrofitting Measures for Traditionally- Built Constructions, Brick and RCC Structures, Provision of reinforcement detailing in masonry and RC constructions.
8) WATER SUPPLY AND WASTE WATER ENGINEERING: Water Supply- Water requirement, Rate of demand and supply, Per capita consumption, Population Forecasting etc., Physical, Chemical and bacteriological properties, Standard of potable water as per Indian Standard etc., Water Treatment including Sedimentation, Coagulation, flocculation, Filtration, disinfection of water, chlorination, water treatment plants, R.O.s etc., Different types of pipes, fire hydrants, water meters their working and uses, Distribution system etc., Laying out Pipes Waste Water Engineering-Definition of terms in sanitary engineering, Surface drains, Types of sewage, Sewerage, Laying and Construction of Sewers, Sewage characteristics (Properties of sewage as per IS standards), Natural Methods of Sewerage Disposal, Sewage Treatment, BOD, COD, Building Drainage (Different sanitary fittings and installations, Traps, seals, Testing of house drainage etc.), Drains and Sewers, Traps, inspection chamber, Septic Tank and Soak Pit, Bathroom and W.C connections etc.
9) SOIL AND FOUNDATION ENGINEERING: Physical Properties of Soils, Classification and Identification of Soils, Permeability and its importance, Effective Stress, Strength Characteristics of Soils, Compaction, Bearing Capacity of soil, Concept of shallow and deep foundation; types of shallow foundations and their suitability. Factors affecting the depth of shallow foundations, deep foundations, type of piles and their suitability; pile classification on the basis of material, pile group and pile cap, etc.
10) TRANSPORTATION ENGINEERING: Introduction of Transportation Engineering, Traffic Engineering, Road materials, Geometric design, Design of flexible and rigid pavements, Road Maintenance, Railway Engineering Rails, Sleepers, ballast, points and crossing, Track laying and track maintenance.
11) IRRIGATION ENGINEERING: Introduction to irrigation, methods of irrigation, tube well irrigation, tank irrigation, sprinkler irrigation, drip irrigation, water logging, design of irrigation canals, and irrigation outlets.
12) ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING: Importance of Environmental Engineering, Water Pollution (Causes lakes and its preventing measure, BIS standards for water quality, etc.), Air Pollution, Noise Pollution, Effects of mining, blasting and deforestation, Land Use (land use and natural disasters, landslides, etc.) soil degradation problems - erosion, waterlogging, soil pollution etc.), Environmental Impact Assessment, Legislation to Control Environmental Pollution (Indian legislative acts for water, land and air pollution control – provisions, scope and implementation, etc.), Renewable Source of Energy etc.
13) QUANTITY SURVEYING AND VALUATION: Introduction to quantity surveying and its importance, duties of a quantity surveyor, types of estimates, measurement, preparation of detailed and abstract, estimates from drawings, calculation of quantities of materials, analysis of rates, contractorship, preparation of tender document based on Common Schedule of Rates (CSR).
14) REPAIR AND MAINTENANCE OF BUILDINGS: Need for maintenance, agencies causing Page 14 of 18 deterioration (sources, causes, effects), investigation and diagnosis of defects, defects and their root causes, materials for repair, maintenance and protection, remedial measures for building defects, surface preparation techniques for repair, crack repair methods, repair of surface defects of concrete, repair of corrosion in RCC elements, repair of DPC against rising dampness, repair of walls, waterproofing of wet areas and roofs, repair of joints in buildings etc.
15) CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT AND ACCOUNTS: Construction Planning, CPM, PERT, site organization, Construction Labour (Labour Welfare Fund Act 1936 (as amended), Payment of Wages Act 1936 (as amended), Minimum Wages Act 1948 (as amended), control of progress, inspection and quality control, accidents and safety in construction, accounts, public work accounts, request for quotation, bill of quantities, measurement book, indent book, material at site register.
16) BASICS OF MANAGEMENT: Introduction, Leadership, Motivation, Ethics and Values, Team related skills- sympathy, empathy, co-operation, concern, lead and negotiate, work well with people from culturally diverse background, Communication in group - conversation and listening skills, Task Initiation, Task Planning, Task execution, Task closeout, Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Need, various types of customers, customer satisfaction, life- long customer, Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI) and its significance, Elementary knowledge of Income Tax, Sales Tax, Excise Duty, Provident Fund, Employees State Insurance Act, Labour welfare schemes, Labour laws, worker and public safety techniques, systems of wage payment, incentives, Factory Act 1948 with special reference to health, safety and welfare measures, working hours, annual leave with wages, Payment of Wages Act1936, Minimum Wages Act 1948, safeguards in construction practices, Introduction to Total Quality Management (TQM), Community Participation in Water Supply and Sanitation, Roll of Women in Water Supply and Sanitation etc.
Punjab PSC JE Selection Criteria
The revised academic qualification for the ibid posts is now as under:
1. Should possess three years Diploma in Civil Engineering from a State Technical Education Board or from a recognized University or Institution.
2. Higher qualification in the same discipline i.e. Degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized University or Institute.
Age - Candidates should not be below 18 years and above 37 years of age as on 01.01.2021.
Punjab PSC JE Civil Application Process
Aspirants can follow the steps given below to apply online for PPSC Junior Engineer Recruitment 2021.
- Click on the link (New registration closed)
- Register by creating a username and email id.
- Go to the Login Page
- Complete the application form by filling in all the details: credentials, email address, phone number, Education qualifications, and other contact details
- Upload signature, photograph, and required certificates
- Make payment (offline deposit via DD/Challan)
- Save the Application form for future reference
- Fill the Joint Information Module for Civil Engineers which will be live on the website of the Commission from 27/5/2021 to 3/6/2021 giving the details of all the posts applied for.
The revised fee structure for the recruitments are as follows:
|Name of Category||Online Application charges||Examination Fee||Total|
|Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes of all States and Others Backward Classes of Punjab State only.||Rs. 500/-||Rs. 250/-||750/-|
|Ex-Servicemen of Punjab state only||Rs. 500/-||No Fee to be paid||500/-|
|Economically Weaker Section (EWS)/ Person with Disability (PWD) and Lineal Descendant of Ex-servicemen (LDESM) Punjab||Rs. 500/-||No Fee to be paid||500/-|
|All Others Categories i.e. General, Sports Persons of Punjab and Wards of Freedom Fighters Punjab||Rs 500/-||Rs. 1000/-||1500/-|
- Candidates who have already deposited the fee as per older norms shall not pay again the examination fee.
- Candidates who have already registered online for all the posts but could not deposit fee because of technical constraints, need to re-print the Bank Challan for a registration fee of Rs 500/- for each post of various departments applied for and submit the application forms after the deposition of Rs 500/- for each form. The last date for submitting the registration fee is 26/5/2021.
- Candidates who have applied for one or more number of departments need to fill only One Examination fee (i.e.Rs 1000/- for General category, Rs. 250/- for SC/ST and BC Punjab and no examination fee for ESM/LDESM/Persons with disability and Economically Weaker Section Punjab) in the form of DEMAND DRAFT in name of Secretary, Punjab Public Service Commission to be deposited by hand at the reception counter of PPSC.
After depositing the registration Fee for different departments, candidates MUST fill the Joint Information Module for Civil Engineers which will be live on the website of the Commission from 27/5/2021 to 3/6/2021 giving the details of all the posts applied for. Candidates are advised to fill this module very carefully as no correction will be allowed at any later stage.
Document Check List:
|For Persons with Disability Candidates||For Sports Persons Candidates||For Other Candidates|
1. Hard copy of filled Joint Information Module
2. Disability Certificate
3. Hard Copy of Application Forms
1. Hard copy of filled Joint
2. Sports Gradation Certificate
3. Hard Copy of Application Forms
4. Draft for Examination fee (BY Hand)
1. Hard copy of Filled Joint
2. Demand Draft for Examination fee. (BY Hand)
NOTE: No Draft shall be accepted at the reception counter if it is not accompanied by the documents mentioned in the Checklist.
Punjab PSC JE Civil Vacancy
The Punjab PSC JE Civil Vacancy details are as follows:
|Sr.No.||Name of Post||No. of Posts||Department|
|1||Junior Engineer (Civil)||585||Water Resource, Government of Punjab.|
|2||Junior Engineer (Civil)||27||Punjab Water Resource Management and Dev. Corporation|
|3||Junior Engineer (Civil)||81||Water Supply and Sanitation|
|4||Junior Engineer (Civil)||125||Rural Development and Panchayat|
|5||Junior Engineer (Civil)||210||PWD B&R|
|6||Junior Engineer Public Health||05||PUDA Punjab Housing and Urban Development|
|7||Junior Engineer (Civil)||27||PUDA Punjab Housing and Urban Development|
|8||Junior Engineer (Civil)||53||Water Supply and Sewerage Board Local Govt.|
Punjab PSC JE Civil Mock Test
Oliveboard provides online mock tests for the preparation of the Punjab PSC JE Civil Online Exam. The tests include thousands of questions of varying difficulty levels to help you clear the exam with great success. The Punjab PSC JE Civil mock tests have the following features:
1) The online test series will consist of 5 full-length Mock Tests each for Punjab PSC JE Civil Exam.
2) All Mock Tests for Punjab PSC JE Civil Exam will be as per the latest pattern with detailed solutions
3) The mock tests are created by exam toppers and experts.
4) Analyze your performance with the help of AI-Based Analysis. Get an all-India ranking.
6) The tests will help you focus & improve on your weak areas.
Punjab PSC JE Civil Exam Mock Test Series - FAQs
Q. In how many languages are Punjab PSC JE Mock Tests available?
Ans: You can attempt the Punjab PSC JE Mock Test in two languages - English & Hindi.
Q. Can I Attempt Punjab PSC JE Mock Test more than once?
Ans: You will be able to attempt the Punjab PSC JE mock test only once. Although, you can access the solutions as many times as you want (till validity expires).
Q. What are the special features of Oliveboard’s Punjab PSC JE Mock Tests?
A. The special features of Oliveboard’s Punjab PSC JE Mock Tests are as follows:
All Mock tests are based on the latest Punjab PSC JE exam pattern.
It has special Memory-based mock tests based on the actual exam paper.
You can attempt these Punjab PSC JE mock tests from anywhere, any time, any day.
All Punjab PSC JE tests are created by exam toppers, experts and top faculty.
The tests provide your all-India standing & analyze your performance and help you improve your weak areas.
The entire syllabus of the Punjab PSC JE Exam is covered in the mock tests.
Q. How Many Mock Tests do we get for PSC JE Civil Online Test?
Ans: You will get 5 full-length Punjab PSC JE mock tests for practice.
Q. Can I Attempt the Punjab PSC JE Civil Mock Test through mobile?
Ans: Yes, All the Punjab PSC JE Mock Tests are available on our mobile app (android) as well where you can attempt them. You can also access these mock tests through our mobile website.
Q. What are the payment options available for the purchase of the Punjab PSC JE Civil Online Mock Test Series?
Ans: Following are the available payment options through which payment can be made -:
1. Card- Debit or Credit
3. Online Banking - Any bank
4. Wallet- PhonePe, Paytm, Ola Money, FreeCharge, Oxigen, Airtel
1) How does Oliveboard help in your preparation?
Mock Test Series, Live & Self-paced Sessions, AI-enabled Performance Analysis, and Expert Mentors on Oliveboard platform provide you an immersive learning experience to ace Banking, Insurance, SSC, RRB, Other Govt. and State-level competitive exams even with your smartphone. Create your free account to access selected mock tests, videos, and ebooks now.
2) Why should I practice on Oliveboard?
Oliveboard provides insightful analysis of your mock test performance that helps you improve your speed, accuracy & overall test taking efficiency. Not just that, Oliveboard identifies your weak areas and recommends you personalized videos, ebooks and practice tests on those topics.
3) Does the course cover the entire syllabus?
Yes. The course covers all the topics for the exam.
4) How do I access the courses/locked tests?
Once you sign up, you can access a few of the free trial tests and concepts on the site. Beyond that, a purchase is needed to access the entire course, locked tests, and study notes.
5) What are the payment options available?
You can pay online using Credit Card/Debit Card/Netbanking. If you cannot pay online, you can deposit cash at a nearby SBI/ICICI Bank as well.
6) When will the Course/Test get activated?
If you make an online payment, you get access to the entire course or the premium access immediately. For offline deposits, we upgrade your account within 24 hours of receiving the transaction details from you.
7) What if I do not like the course?
To get your issues resolved, we recommend you to get in touch with us at email@example.com. And if you are still unhappy with anything, we provide a 5-Day Money-Back Guarantee (but we do not think you will need it).
8) How long is the course or the tests valid?
The validity for the plans is mentioned as part of the payment details. Please check this at the time of purchase.
200+ Ebooks for Current Affairs, Static GK, Practice Questions, and more.
Enter email ID and we will send you a link to reset your password.
Password reset details have been mailed to you.
Please wait while we process your request....