About Rajasthan Patwari Exam
The Rajasthan Patwari exam is conducted by the Rajasthan Subordinate and Ministerial Services Selection Board (RSMSSB) for selecting the candidates for the post of Patwari in the Rajasthan Board of Revenue. The selection process involves a written examination and document verification.
Candidates can visit the official website of RSMSSB at https://rsmssb.rajasthan.gov.in/page?menuName=Home to know about any new vacancies and recruitment. Given below is the detail about the Rajasthan Patwari Exam in detail for your better understanding.
Rajasthan Patwari Exam
This is a competitive exam, and if you are interested in joining government service, you can apply for the Rajasthan Patwari Exam. You must be a graduate and not less than 18 years of age to appear in this exam. The job of a Patwari involves assisting the village Tehsildar and hearing and solving land disputes and various other duties relating to the assigned village.
After the written exam, a cut-off is determined to select the candidates for interview. Finally, if the candidates successfully clear the interview, their selection is confirmed after the document verification.
Rajasthan Patwari Mock Test 2021
Rajasthan Patwari mock test 2021 have the following features:
- The mock test series consists of 10 Rajasthan Patwari Mock Tests.
- This mock test series is created by our subject matter experts
- Analyse your performance by using our AI-Based Detailed Performance Analysis
- These mock tests will help you identify your strong and weak areas
Rajasthan Patwari Exam: Important Dates
|Start date of online application (Revised)||15th July 2021|
|Last date of online application (Revised)||29th July 2021|
|Fee payment last date||29th July 2021|
|Date of Exam||23rd & 24th October 2021|
Also Read: Rajasthan Patwari Syllabus and Pattern
Eligibility Criteria For Rajasthan Patwari Exam
Before you apply for the post of Rajasthan Patwari and fill up the online application form, let us get to know the eligibility criteria for this exam:
The minimum age limit for this exam is 18 years, and the maximum age limit is 40 years. However, age relaxation is provided to special category candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/EWS and women candidates as follows:
SC/ST Candidates from Rajasthan state and EWS Male candidates – 5 years
Women candidates from general category – 5 years
SC/ST/OBC/EWS women candidates from Rajasthan state – 10 years
The candidates must be Indian nationals. However, Nepali and Bhutani nationals are also allowed to apply.
To be eligible to appear in this exam, the candidate must possess a bachelor’s degree in any stream or diploma/degree in computer science or other equivalent qualification.
You must have all the relevant documents with you for document verification in the further stage of the selection process.
Selection Procedure For The Rajasthan Patwari Exam
The selection process of this exam is a two-stage process that involves:
The Rajasthan Patwari Exam is conducted offline and consists of objective-type questions. The duration of the exam is 3 hours. It is a 300 marks exam comprising 150 questions of two marks each. Two marks are allotted for every correct answer, and a negative marking of 1/3 marks is also done for every incorrect answer.
The candidates are selected for interview and document verification based on the merit list prepared after the written examination. All the aspiring candidates should have relevant original documents with them on the date of interview/Verification. Some of the important documents and certificates that need to be submitted for verification includes the following:
- Educational qualification degree and certificates
- Caste or category certificate issued by a competent authority
- Medical fitness certificate
- Character certificate and domicile certificate
- If you are a government or private employee, the board can also ask for a no-objection certificate (NOC) issued by your organization.
- Any other relevant documents, certificates, address proof etc., can also be asked for by the recruiting authority.
Rajasthan Patwari Exam Pattern
The exam paper consists of 5 sections, namely:
- General knowledge and current affairs
- History, geography, culture And Rajasthan politics
- General English and Hindi
- Mental aptitude and reasoning
- Basics of computer
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Total Marks|
|General Science, History, Polity and Geography of India: General Knowledge, Current affairs||38||76|
|Geography, History, Culture, and Polity of Rajasthan||30||60|
|General English & Hindi||22||44|
|Mental ability and Reasoning, Basic Numerical efficiency||45||90|
- Mode of exam- offline/ online
- Paper Format- objective type questions
- Duration- 3 hours
- Total marks- 100
- Negative marking- deduction of 1/3 marks for each wrong choice.
The details of the above sections and the coverage of study required for the Rajasthan Patwari exam under each section is given as under:
Rajasthan Patwari Exam Syllabus
|1||General knowledge and current affairs ||Current affairs, the constitution of India, general politics, everyday science, sports, history, and culture of Rajasthan, the geography of Rajasthan, etc. |
|2||History geography culture and Rajasthan politics ||Administration policy of Rajasthan, the history of Rajasthan state, art and culture, festivals, traditions and music, Famous places and tourist sites of Rajasthan and their cultures, etc. |
|3||General English and Hindi||General English: Sentence making, synonyms and antonyms, spot the errors, idioms, questions to assess grammatical accuracy, etc. General Hindi: संधि विच्छेद, उपसर्ग एवं प्रत्यय, पर्यायवाचीशब्द, विलोम शब्द, अशुद्ध शब्दों को शुद्ध लिखना, मुहावरे एवं लोकोक्ति, परिभाषिक शब्दावली, एवं अन्य व्याकरण संबंधित प्रश्न। |
|4||Mental aptitude and reasoning ||Topics of mathematics such as area and volume, percentage, simple and compound interest, calculation of profit and loss, mathematical operations, average and ratios, etc., are asked under this section. Questions are also asked to judge the candidates’ reasoning capability, such as questions on blood relation, questions on coding-decoding, figure metric questions, passage and conclusions, sitting arrangement, etc. |
|5||Basics of computer||Basic knowledge of computers, operating systems, MS word MS Excel, PowerPoint, computer applications, Indian IT Act, etc. |
Rajasthan Patwari Exam Result
The board will upload the result of this exam on the official website of the RSMSSB. The candidates can visit this link https://rsmssb.rajasthan.gov.in/ to stay updated about the result declaration date and download their result.
Preparation tips for Rajasthan Patwari Exam
The candidates should follow these tips and tricks for better performance in this exam:
- Practice mock test papers and previous year exam papers regularly.
- Keep yourself updated with current affairs and general knowledge about the state and the country by reading newspapers and current affairs magazines.
- Improve Hindi and English language skills, vocabulary, grammatical accuracy, etc., by reading more and more books.
- Enhance your knowledge about the history, geography, economy, politics, famous tourist places, traditions and festivals about the state.
- You can also sharpen your preparation from class 10th NCERT books.
- Attempt and practice mock interview.
- Try to solve practice and test papers in an exam like environment and within the exam duration.
- Enhance the speed and accuracy of giving answers.
- Compare your performance with other fellow candidates to assess your level of performance.
- Try to increase your accuracy to avoid negative marking and improve your overall score.
Step To Apply For Rajasthan Patwari Exam
The step-by-step procedure for online registration and application for the Rajasthan patwari exam is given below:
- Click on the official website of RSMSSB at https://rsmssb.rajasthan.gov.in/page?menuName=Home
- Click on the recruitment tab and click “Apply online” on Rajasthan Patwari Exam.
- Enter the mandatory details for registration.
- On registration, you will receive a provisional registration ID and password on your registered mobile number.
- Login with the ID and password to fill the application form.
- Fill in your personal details, educational qualifications, and all the details as asked in the application form.
- Also, upload the scanned copy of your recent passport size photograph and signature.
- Review the application form and submit it.
- Make an online payment of the application fee.
- Your application procedure is complete. Take the printout of the application form for future reference.
Other Requirements To Be Eligible For The Post Of Rajasthan Patwari
The following two conditions should also be met for the selection on the post of Rajasthan Patwari:
- Mental and Physical fitness: The candidates must be physically and mentally sound. The candidate should be in a state of mental and physical fitness to perform all their relevant duties and responsibilities assigned to this post with efficiency and effectiveness. Before confirmation on this post, the candidates are required to produce a medical certificate issued by the prescribed medical authority of the state, certifying that the candidate is in a good mental and physical condition to be appointed on the post.
- Character: The candidates applying for this post shall be of good character to provide their services with integrity and honesty. The candidates must also present a character certificate issued by an appropriate authority of the institute or organisation in which they have last worked or studied. The date of the certificate shall not be more than 6 months earlier than the date of the application form.
Rajasthan Patwari Exam Admit Card
After scrutinizing application forms, the eligible candidates will be issued admit cards or hall tickets by the conducting authority. The candidates need to download this admit card from the official website and carry it to the examination center to appear for the exam. The admit card will show your exam center, exam timings, roll number, and other details.
Follow these steps to download your admit card:
- Go to the official website.
- Click on “Admit cards.”
- Enter the login and password.
- The site will display your admit card. Download it and also take the printout.
How to assess and estimate your chances of selection after the exam?
The exam conducting authority will issue the answer keys of the exam after the completion of the Rajasthan Patwari Exam. The candidates can evaluate their performance and compare their answers with the answer key to estimate their selection chances.
Rajasthan Patwari Job Profile
In simple words, a patwari is a village accountant who works under or assists the Tehsildar. The Patwari works in the state’s revenue department and is assigned the responsibilities relating to maintaining land records of various villages. The Rajasthan Patwari job profile includes hearing farmer complaints and queries, settling disputes among landowners, collecting and maintaining records of land, land transfers, and landowners, assist the state government in the collection of agricultural land tax, distribute compensation amounts to the farmers, maintain records of share-cropper, and such other tasks.
Rajasthan Patwari Salary
The Rajasthan Patwari is eligible to receive the minimum grade pay of Rs. 24,300/- as per the 7th Pay Commission. After the final selection, the candidates have to undergo a 2-year probation period, and after the completion of the probation period, only they become permanent. The candidates selected for the post of Rajasthan Patwari are also provided 6 months of training. During the probation period, the candidates are paid a fixed remuneration. After completing the probation, other additional allowances are also paid to the person appointed on the post of Rajasthan Patwari. The person selected for the post of Patwari is eligible to receive the pay equivalent to a state government employee under pay band 1. The allowances and benefits are given to the state Patwari includes:
- House rent allowance: The person on the post of Patwari are not given house accommodation or government quarters. The government pay house rent allowance to the Patwaris to compensate for the house rent expense.
- Dearness allowance: It is paid to the state Patwari as per the regulation of that state. A Rajasthan state Patwari will receive a dearness allowance of Rs.2496 based on their basic salary.
- Medical benefits: The candidates selected for this post will also receive medical benefits and reimbursement of medical expenses for self, parents and spouse.
- Other allowances as per the Rajasthan state government norms are also payable to the person selected for the post of Patwari.
Also, Read for more details: Rajasthan Patwari Cut Off, Rajasthan Patwari Job Profile and Rajasthan Patwari Salary
The Rajasthan Patwari exam is a good opportunity for candidates seeking a government job. The exam is highly competitive because candidates in large numbers apply for the vacancies in the state. Only those candidates are selected who qualify with minimum cut-off marks in the written examination and, after that, clears the interview.
Final confirmation of the selection of candidates is only done after the document verification. The candidates shall prepare for the written exam and interview and be willing to provide their services for the farmers and public in the villages.
23rd and 24th October 2021