About JKSSB JE (Civil) Recruitment
J&K Services Selection Board (JKSSB) is a service recruiting board constituted by the Government of Jammu and Kashmir that conducts examinations for various departmental services or non gazetted posts in the union territory of Jammu and Kashmir. JKSSB has advertised various Junior Engineer (Civil & Mechanical) posts of various Departments under provisions of the Jammu & Kashmir Civil Services.
JKSSB JE Exam 2022 - Notification
The Service Selection Board of Jammu and Kashmir had released a notification (Advertisement No. 06 of 2022) on 11th November 2022 for the post of Junior Engineer Civil and Mechanical. There are 1045 vacancies available for Junior Engineer Civil and mechanical under the PWD. The online submission of applications started on 21st November 2022 and the process ended on 20th December 2022.
JKSSB JE Exam 2022- Overview
|Organization Name||Jammu and Kashmir Service Selection Board [JKSSB]|
|Posts Name||Junior Engineer [Civil & Mechanical]|
|Number of Vacancies||1045|
|Apply Online Starts||21st November 2022|
|Last Date To Apply||27th December 2022|
|Salary||Pay Level 6 – [Rs.35400 – Rs.112400]|
|Selection Process||Written Test | Document Verification|
|JKSSB Official Website||https://www.jkssb.nic.in/|
JKSSB JE Exam- Important Dates
Applicants are advised to frequently visit the JKSSB's official website because the exam date is tentative and subject to change based on the board's decision. Find the important dates related to JKSSB JE recruitment 2022.
|JKSSB JE Notification Pdf Release Date||11th November 2022|
|JKSSB JE Apply Online Starts||21st November 2022|
|JKSSB JE Last Date To Apply||27th December 2022|
|JKSSB JE Exam Date||To Be Notified Soon|
JKSSB JE Recruitment vacancies 2022
Check the detailed vacancy table for JKSSB JE recruitment 2022.
JKSSB JE Application Fee
here is the fee structure for application form of JKSSB JE.
|Post Name||Pay Level||Monthly Salary|
|Junior Engineer (Civil & Mechanical)||Level – 6||Rs. 35400 /- to Rs. 112400 /- Per Month|
Step-by-step Application form guide for JKSSB JE Recruitment
- Go to the official website of JKSSB i.e. https://www.jkssb.nic.in/
- Click on Online Registration on this official portal.
- Enter the Mobile Number, Email ID, and basic details to register online.
- Then you will get a Registration Number and Password on your registered Mobile Number and Email.
- Login using your Registration Details.
- Click on the Apply Button and redirect to the application form.
- Fill out the Application form carefully.
- Make Payment of Application Fees via online mode.
- Submit your Application Form finally and take a printout for future reference.
JKSSB JE eligibility Criteria
You can check the eligibility criteria below. Only those who are eligible for the recruitment should apply for this notification.
Here is the table depicting the educational qualification post-wise.
|Post Name||Educational Qualification|
|Junior Engineer (Civil)||3 years diploma in Civil Engineering from Government recognized University/Institution or degree in civil|
engineering or AMIE Section (A&B) INDIA.
|Junior Engineer (Mechanical)||3 years diploma in Mechanical Engineering|
from a Government recognized University/Institution or degree in Mechanical engineering or AMIE Section (A&B) INDIA.
- According to the JKSSB JE qualifications, being a resident of the UT of J&K is required.
- On or before the deadline for submitting the online application form, candidates must have a Domicile Certificate issued by a competent body in the format stipulated for the purpose.
- An applicant must be a resident of the J&K UT as defined by the MoHA's announcements.
Age-limit as of 01/01/2022
The category-wise age limit details are given here.
|Category||Upper Age Limit (in years)||Not born|
Note : Every Ex-Servicemen having served in the Armed Forces shall be allowed to deduct the period of such Service from his Actual Age and if the Resultant Age does not exceed the maximum age limit prescribed for the post by more than 3 years, he shall be deemed to satisfy the condition regarding Age Limit.
JKSSB JE Selection procedure
Here is the JKSSB JE selection procedure. You need to clear every stage of selection in order to get finally selected as JKSSB JE.
- Written Test – The online exam for JKSSB JE Recruitment 2022 which consists of a total of 120 MCQ. There is a negative marking of 0.25 marks. The exam time duration is of 120 Minute. The final merit list will be prepared based on the marks scored by the candidates in the written exam.
- Documents Verification – The candidates who cleared the written test will be called for the document verification process. Candidates need to produce all the necessary documents like Identity Proof (Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Voter ID, Passport, Driving License, etc.), 10th, 12th, Graduation Marksheets, Diploma, and Passing Certificate, Caste/Category Certificate, Domicile Certificate, Disability Certificate (if applicable).
JKSSB JE Exam pattern 2022
Check the exam pattern for JKSSB JE (Civil and Mechanical).
- The JKSSB JE Exam will be conducted online mode.
- The Examination will consist of Objective Type, Multiple Choice Questions.
- The questions will be set in English Language only.
|Subject/Section||Total No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Exam Duration||Negative Marking|
|Concerned Discipline (Technical)||120||120||120 Minutes||0.25|
JKSSB JE Salary Structure 2022
Check the table below to know about the salary structure of JKSSB JE recruitment 2022.
JKSSB Junior engineer will be eligible for other perks apart from the basic salary, such as City Compensation Allowance, House Rental Allowance, Transport Allowance. Let's have a look at the specifics of the various allowances:
The term "transport allowance" refers to compensation granted to employees to help with commuting expenditures between home and work. It is also a cost given to cover the cost of transportation while performing office duties. Since August 2007, every JKSSB junior engineer and officer, in general, has been entitled to Transportation Allowance, regardless of where they are posted. Under the conveyance system, the officer will receive Re. 800/- per month as a transportation allowance.
Junior engineers employed by the JKSSB are also eligible for the following benefits.
- New Pension Scheme
- Leave Travel Subsidy
- Medical Benefits
- House Furnishing Allowance
- Household Help Allowance
- Personal Accident cover
- Education loans with subsidized interests
- Interest-free advances for the festival
- Natural calamities.
JKSSB Junior Engineer Exam Instructions
- Applicants should read the Examination Notification and qualifying conditions thoroughly before enrolling for the exam. A request for changes to the entries on the application form will not be granted under any circumstances.
- Aspirants must make sure that they meet all of the requirements. The board will decline an applicant's application if it is eventually discovered in the recruitment and selection process that they do not meet all or any of the eligibility standards.
- If any candidate is discovered to be indulging in any misconduct/malpractice/irregularity at any level of the selection process, the individual shall be disqualified, according to the JKSSB JE eligibility requirements.