The XAT exams are coming up and it is time to start preparing for one of the most challenging competitive exams in India. A good XAT score will guarantee your place in one of the best-reputed MBA colleges of the country. This will help you kick-start your career in the right direction. In order to crack the exam and score high, you will need to understand the exam pattern and syllabus.
XAT 2019 Exam date
The XAT exam was held on 8 January in 2017 in a single session, from 10 A.M to 1.30 P.M. The exact date of XAT 2019 exam will be notified soon once the official notifications are out.
XAT 2019 Exam pattern
The XAT exam pattern has undergone a couple of changes in 2017, as in the section of essay writing was scrapped altogether and the examination time was reduced by 30 minutes. The current pattern of the exam is given in the table below-
|Mode of Examination||Online (Computer Based Test)|
|Total Number of Questions||100|
|Duration of Examination||3 hours|
|Questions Type||Objective and Subjective|
|Examination Sections||General Knowledge, Data Interpretation and Quantitative Ability, Decision Making, Logical and Verbal Ability|
|Marking Scheme||Candidates will have an alternative of not choosing to attempt 8 questions from the question paper. 1 mark will be given for every accurate answer.|
|Negative Marking||Yes. Except for 8 questions, any extra un-attempted question will cost you 0.05 marks each.|
|Subject Name||Number of Questions|
|Data Interpretation and Quantitative Ability||27|
|Logical and Verbal Ability||26|
The following changes have been made to the XAT exam in 2017-
- The exam duration has been lessened from three and a half hours to three hours
- The biggest change brought about in the XAT exam pattern is the way it is conducted. For the last six decades, XAT used to be carried out in offline mode. From 2017 onwards, this exam is being conducted online.
- Another major change that has been implemented is that XLRI will no longer take into account the XAT Scores for the rounds of Group Discussion and Personal Interview. The XAT marks will only be taken into account, during the time of final admissions.
XAT 2019 Syllabus
In order to score well in your upcoming XAT exam of 2019, you will need to have a good idea of the syllabus. This will help you with XAT preparation. The syllabus for XAT exam 2019 is as follows-
|General Knowledge||Society, International Relations, Economics, Literature, Business, States and Nations, History, Politics|
|Decision Making||Data Arrangement Sets, Case Lets, Situational, Analytical Reasoning|
|Logical and Verbal Ability||Reading Comprehensions, Vocabulary, Para Completion, Para Jumbles, Grammar|
|Data Interpretation and Quantitative Ability||Clocks, Speed and Distance, Profit and Loss, Statistics, Trigonometry, Arithmetic, Graphs, Tables, Geometry|
Once you know, what the exam pattern is and what subjects and topics you need to study, rest assured that you would be able to score quite well. Apart from this, you will need to put a lot of hard work and diligence in order to make sure that you get through.
- Want to increase your Prelims score by +10?
Attempt Lockdown Live Tests – Free Daily All India Test Now
- GharPe Coaching 3.0 – Attend Free Live Classes for SBI PO & IBPS PO
- Attempt a Free SEBI Grade A Mock Test here
- UPSC EPFO EO 2020 – Attempt Free Mock Tests now
- Prepare for Railway RRB NTPC Exam – Take a Free Mock Test