The Xavier Aptitude Test, or XAT Exam, is a national management entrance exam administered by Jamshedpur’s Xavier Leadership Research Institute. The XAT is a management entrance test that allows qualified candidates to register in XLRI Jamshedpur’s MBA and PGDM programmes. The XAT Exam Pattern has shifted slightly in recent years. This makes preparing for the XAT Exam a little more challenging, but the sections have remained the same.
XAT Entrance Exam Overview
|Name of the Conducting Authority||Xavier Labour Relations Institute|
|Online Registration start date||August 10, 2021|
|Last date to register||November 30, 2021|
|Admit card download start date|
December 20, 2021
|Admit card download last date||January 2, 2022|
|Exam Date||January 2, 2022|
|Mode of Exam||Online (Subject to change)|
|Exam pattern||The Online TestThe Group Discussion andThe Personal Interview|
|Eligibility||Bachelor’s degree from a recognized University|
XAT Exam Pattern
Previously, the XAT Paper Pattern included essay writing as a general knowledge section, but this was removed when the XAT Paper became online in 2018.
In contrast to the four alternatives in the CAT, all questions in the XAT Exam Pattern 2020 are Multiple Choice Questions with five options.
However, the XAT Exam Pattern 2020 introduced a new form of question known as the Numerical Aptitude Type (NAT), in which applicants must enter their answers using a virtual keyboard. This questionnaire is likely to appear in the XAT Exam 2021.
|Stage 1||Online Test|
|Stage 2||Group Discussion|
|Stage 3||Personal Interview|
Stage 1 – Online Test
|Section||Total number of marks||Number of questions|
|Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation||28||28|
|Analytical Reasoning and Decision Making||21||21|
|Verbal and Logical Ability||26||26|
Exam duration – 180 Minutes
Verbal and Logical Ability
This phase will examine the applicants’ logical thinking and verbal/reasoning ability. The subjects cover vocabulary, para jumbles, critical reasoning, statements-assumptions, para completion, analogy, etc.
Analytical Reasoning and Decision Making
This section will examine the candidates’ decision-making ability; topics include short case lets, decision making, complex arrangement, logical reasoning, situations, etc.
Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation
Individual questions from disciplines such as Geometry, Algebra, Mensuration, Arithmetic, Modern Math, and Trigonometry are followed by questions in sets of 3-4 on the XAT Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation. Questions about Time & Work, Percentage, Profit & Loss, Equations, Number systems, Clocks, Tables, Bar Diagrams, Graphs, and other topics are frequently asked in this section.
This section will test the candidate’s broad knowledge. The topics include economics, International Affairs, National Affairs, Elementary Science, Capitals and Currencies etc.
Stage 2 & Stage 3 – Group Discussion & Personal Interview
The majority of the contents of the XAT Group Discussion and Personal Interview round are kept under wraps. However, aspirants may anticipate taking part in a group discussion followed by a Personal Interview. Both rounds will be given a 20% weighting in the final selection process for seat allocation.
|XAT Exam pattern||Computer Based Test|
|Total number of Questions||100|
|Type of questions||Multiple choice questions (MCQ)|
|Scoring Pattern||1 mark for each correct response|
|Negative Marking||For each incorrect response, 0.25 of a point is deducted.|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
- Negative marking is not used on general knowledge questions.
- To determine the XAT percentile score & XAT merit list, only three sections (Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation, Analytical Reasoning and Decision Making, Verbal and Logical Ability) of the XAT exam are considered. In the XAT exam pattern, General Knowledge will not be used to determine percentiles.
- The time limit for solving the question paper in XAT Pattern 2022 is not sectional. Within the total time limit, the candidate may attempt any topic from any of the three sections.
DOWNLOAD THE OLIVEBOARD APP FOR ON-THE-GO EXAM PREPARATION
- Video Lessons, Textual Lessons & Notes
- Topic Tests covering all topics with detailed solutions
- Sectional Tests for QA, DI, EL, LR
- All India Mock Tests for performance analysis and all India percentile
- General Knowledge (GK) Tests
Free videos, free mock tests and free GK tests to evaluate course content before signing up!
XAT Exam Pattern Changes
- In recent years, XLRI has introduced a new type of Numerical Answer Type (NAT) questions in the XAT exam pattern, which is expected to continue in the future. Candidates must use the virtual keypad on the computer screen to enter numerical answers to the NAT questions.
- The XAT essay writing examination was originally paper-based, but it was transformed into an online computer-based test with computerisation. However, the essay part of the XAT exam has now been discontinued by XLRI. As a result, there are no descriptive questions on the Essay Writing test in the redesigned XAT pattern.
- Another significant modification in the XAT exam is that under the updated XAT exam format, each unanswered question beyond 8 questions will result in a negative marking of 0.10 mark per question.
- The XAT 2022 exam will last three hours instead of the previous three and a half hours.
- The scribe will have an additional 25 minutes to finish part 1 (Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation, Analytical Reasoning and Decision Making, Verbal and Logical Ability) of the XAT exam in 2022. There is no time limit for the General Knowledge portion.
Read Also – XAT Syllabus
Candidates should have a better knowledge of the XAT Exam Pattern 2022 after reading this article. We wish all of the applicants the best of luck as they study for their exams.
Ans: The XAT Exam will be divided into three sections: an online objective test, a group discussion, and a personal interview.
Ans: Finance, economics, National Affairs, Elementary Science, Business and Economy, Capitals and Currencies, Books and Authors, Constitution of India, Company Profiles and Logos are among the 21 questions in General Knowledge, each worth one mark.
Ans: In many XAT institutes, group discussion is focused on a general topic or a case study. There’s a fair mix of current and abstract issues here. The purpose of the group discussion is to assess the applicants’ communication abilities, topic expertise, thought process, and impact on the audience as leaders.
Ans: An employer conducts a personal interview to see whether an applicant’s abilities, experience, and personality match the job’s requirements.
- यूपीपीएससी पीसीएस पात्रता- अवलोकन, पात्रता मानदंड, शैक्षिक योग्यता
- यूपीएसएसएससी पीईटी परीक्षा
- UP Police Constable Eligibility Criteria- Overview, Eligibility Criteria
- UP Police Constable Cutoff- Overview, Important Dates, Cutoff
- UP Police Constable Salary & Job Profile- Important Dates, Profile, Salary Structure
- UP Police Constable Exam Pattern- Recruitment, Important Dates, Pattern
- IBPS Clerk 2021 Mock Test: Attempt Now
- IBPS PO 2021 Mock Test: Attempt Now
- SBI PO 2021 – Attempt Free Mock Test Here
- यहाँ पर नि: शुल्क UP पुलिस एसआई मॉक टेस्ट के लिए रजिस्टर करें
- यहाँ पर नि: शुल्क राजस्थान Gram Sevak मॉक टेस्ट के लिए रजिस्टर करें
- यहाँ पर नि: शुल्क UP Lekhpal मॉक टेस्ट के लिए रजिस्टर करें