JKPSC KAS 2022 recruitment has been released by Jammu and Kashmir Public Service Commission (JKPSC) on its official website on 19th April 2022. As per the official JKPSC KAS notification, a total of 220 vacancies have been released for posts of J & K Administrative Service(Junior Scale), Police Service, and Accounts Service. JKPSC is also known as the Kashmir Administrative Service (KAS) or the JKPSC KAS. The online application is open for candidates from 25th April to 7th June 2022. Interested candidates will be eagerly looking forward to knowing the details of salary, job profile and prospects of career growth for the JKPSC KAS.
In this section, we will be discussing the details of the salary, job profile and career growth of the JKPSC KAS.
JKPSC KAS Salary Structure
The gross salary of candidates selected in JKPSC KAS will be:
|JKPSC KAS Salary Components||Details|
|DA ( 34% of Basic)||16184|
|HRA (18% for Class Y City/ 9% for Z city)|
- 8568 ( In Jammu and Srinagar)
- 4284 (In other areas)
- 75064 ( In Jammu and Srinagar)
- 70780 (In other areas)
Note: The in-hand salary will be calculated after deducting the NPS contributions from the gross salary.
JKPSC KAS In-Hand Salary
The in-hand or net salary of JKPSC KAS will be between Rs.64000-69000. The in-hand salary depends on the location of the posting.
JKPSC KAS Benefits and Allowances
The following are the benefits that a candidate JKPSC KAS gets:
- Detachment Allowance.
- Medical Allowance
- Dearness Allowance
- Leave Encashment Facility
JKPSC KAS Probation Period
The candidates selected as JKPSC KAS will have to serve 2 years probation period before their services are confirmed.
JKPSC KAS Job Profile
The following is the job profile of JKPSC KAS candidates
- Maintaining law and order in the provinces under designated jurisdiction
- Ensure the welfare of employees and supervise the various responsibilities assigned to subordinates.
- Scheduling beats and supervision of patrols.
- They need to design schemes that include cooperation and ensure public welfare.
- Maintaining good relations with the general public under the designated jurisdiction.
- Visiting regions under designated jurisdiction and taking note of activities happening there.
- Surveillance over anti-social elements in the area of jurisdiction.
- Collecting information and providing protection to the citizens coming under the area of duty.
- Maintain accounts and records of the government.
JKPSC KAS Career Growth
The following is the career growth and promotion opportunities for JKPSC KAS candidates
For JK Administrative Service
Selection Grade (After 5 years)
Time Scale (After 10 Years)
Additional Selection Grade ( 14 Years)
For JK Police Service
Highest promotion of IGP
For JK Accounts Service
Highest promotion to the post of Director General Accounts and Treasuries.