Symbiosis International (Deemed) University conducts the Symbiosis National Aptitude Online Test or the SNAP test for admissions to MBA in different streams/ Specializations offered by its institutions. The SNAP Test is a common test for entrance to the 16 MBA Institutes affiliated with Symbiosis International University (SIU), Pune. The process of application for SNAP started on 31st August 2021 and will end on 27th November 2021. Candidates holding a graduation or equivalent degree from a recognized university are eligible for SNAP. Candidates who are in the final year of graduation and will take their University final examinations in 2022 too can apply for the SNAP test. Continue reading for details on the SNAP Exam Pattern.
SNAP 2021 Exam Pattern
It is important to know the structure of the SNAP test so that you can study accordingly, knowing where to give more time and how to pace yourself.
According to the official website for SNAP, there will be three major sections:
- General English
- Analytical & Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency
Let us look at this structure in a little detail.
|Section||Questions||Marks for Each Correct Answer||Total Marks for the Section|
|General English: Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning, Verbal Ability||15||1||15|
|Analytical & Logical Reasoning||25||1||25|
|Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency||20||1||20|
|Total of the Three Sections Combined||60|| ||60|
- The 2021 SNAP Test will be for 60 minutes (one hour) and a computer-based, objective-type, multiple-choice test. Each question will have four response options from which the candidate has to select an appropriate option.
- While a correct response attracts 1 mark, an incorrect response attracts -0.25, or one-fourth marks (.25) are deducted.
- The dates and times for the test are 19-12-2021; Time: 14.00 Hours – 15.00 Hours, 08-01-2022; Time: 10.00 Hours – 11.00 Hours, 16-01-2022; Time: 10.00 Hours – 11.00 Hours.
Each candidate is allowed to appear in a maximum of two tests for the 2021 SNAP Test. For all candidates who appear for two sets, the one they score higher will be used to arrive at the final percentile, and no normalization will be conducted.
SNAP 2021 Exam Pattern Changes
The following table shows the changes made by the University for the SNAP Exam Pattern. The examination pattern of SNAP 2021 is compared with the examination pattern of 2019 in the table below:
|Particulars||SNAP 2021||SNAP 2019|
|Total Time Duration of the examination||60 minutes (1 hour)||120 minutes (2 hours)|
|SNAP Test Timing||10 A.M. to 11 A.M.||2 P.M. to 4 P.M.|
|Total no. of questions in the Paper||60 questions||110|
|Frequency of examination in a year||3||1|
|Number of times a candidate can take the examination in a year||2||1|
SNAP Exam Pattern: Scoring Pattern
SNAP has retained its scoring pattern but has removed the section of special questions. The special question section was descriptive in nature and had no negative marking. The following table shows the scoring pattern of the examination:
|SNAP Exam Details & Pattern||SNAP 2021 Details|
|Total number of Questions in the SNAP Entrance Exam||60 Questions|
|Number of Normal Questions (MCQ Type)||60 Questions|
|No. of Special Questions (Non-MCQ Type)||Nil|
|Scoring Pattern (Normal Questions)|| 1 Mark for Each Correct Answer (Quant & Current Affairs sections (60 MCQs)|
-0.25 for each wrong answer
|Choice of Answer Options (Normal Questions)||4 only for Normal Questions|
Features Of SNAP Paper 2021
The following are a few important features of the SNAP examination 2021:
- The SNAP 2021 is a computer-based exam.
- Date: 19th December 2021; Time: 14.00 Hours to 15.00 Hours.
- Date: 8th January 2022; Time: 10.00 Hours to 11.00 Hours.
- Date: 16th January 2022; Time: 10.00 Hours ro11.00 Hours.
- SNAP Test duration is 60 minutes.
- SNAP Test is a multiple-choice questions objective type examination.
- A negative marking of 0.25 mark per the wrong answer or multiple answers to one question is applicable.
- A candidate can appear for a maximum of two tests for SNAP 2021.
- If a candidate appears for 2 tests, the higher score will be considered for the final percentile calculation.
- Any use of unfair means will lead to disqualification of the candidate.
- Any instance of incorrect information or violation of the process detected at any stage of the selection process will disqualify the candidate. They will not be allowed to appear for the SNAP test in the future.