TISSNET Exam Pattern – Important Features
- The TISSNET exam is a computer-based test (CBT).
- The TISSNET Exam Pattern is an objective type.
- A candidate gets 100 minutes to solve 100 questions.
- The TISSNET Exam Pattern comprises 3 sections, namely English Proficiency, Mathematical Skills & logical reasoning and General Awareness.
- These sections are further divided into 6 subsections in total.
- According to the TISSNET Exam Pattern, GK has a maximum weightage (40%). GK also has a sub-sectional cut-off of 35%, i.e. a candidate must attain a minimum of 14 marks out of 40 in the General Awareness Section.
- According to the TISSNET Exam Pattern, a candidate has to clear 3 rounds of the TISSNET to get into the final merit list.
- The written examination is the first round of the TISSNET selection process, followed by PIT (Pre Interview Test) and PI (Personal Interview.)
- According to the TISSNET Exam Pattern, only the qualified candidates of the TISSNET written exam are called for the second round of PIT (Pre Interview Test) and PI (Personal Interview).
- PIT (Pre Interview Test) is conducted in a written test or a group discussion form.
- After PIT, an online personal interview is conducted.
- PIT & PI are held separately for each campus of TISS.
- The Final Merit List is released only after the completion of these rounds.
- If two candidates score the same in the final merit list, then tie-breaker criteria are used.
- In case of a tie, firstly, the candidate's PI marks are compared; if they too are the same, then scores of PIT are compared; if that too are the same, then the scores of NET are considered, and if that too is the same, then the candidate older is given preference.
- The mode of instruction is English.
Attempt Free TISSNET Mock Test now
TISSNET Exam Pattern - Overview
|Mode||Computer-Based Online Test|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice|
|Number Of Sections||3|
|Number of Subsections||6|
|Area of Testing||General Awareness (GA)|
English Proficiency (EP)
Mathematical Skills & Logical Reasoning (MS&LR)
|Duration||1 Hour 40 Minutes (100 Minutes)|
|Number of Questions||100|
Sectional division pattern
|Section||Number of Subsections||Subsections||Number of Questions||Marks|
|English Proficiency (EP)||2||Verbal Ability|
|Mathematical Skills & Logical Reasoning (MS&LR)||3||Quantitative Aptitude|
|General Awareness (GA)||1||General Knowledge||40||40|
Read on more details : TISSNET 2022 Application Form, TISSNET 2022 Syllabus, TISSNET 2022 Vacancy, TISSNET 2022 Cut off
Marking Scheme Based on the TISSNET Exam Pattern
- TISSNET will be of a total of 100 marks.
- One Mark will be awarded for each correct answer.
- No mark deduction - for the wrong answer.
- No mark deduction- for non-attempt.
TISSNET Pattern - Section Cutoff
|Components / Sections||Sectional Cut-off (SCO)*|
|Mathematics and Logical reasoning||Nil|
|General Awareness(GA)||- 35% (14 Marks) for Gen, EWS, KM, and AF|
- 30% (12 Marks) for OBC (NC) and PWD
No Sectional Cut off for SC/ST