TNPSC Group 2 Exam, conducted by the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission, is a state-level exam conducted offline. The official notification was released on 23 February 2022. The Preliminary exam will be conducted on 21 May 2022. The total number of vacancies is 5529, including interview and non-interview vacancies. Let's have a look at the entire TNPSC Group 2 Application Form and understand the steps to apply for the post here –
Important Dates and Registration Process
The TNPSC Group 2 Application form 2022 will be released by the Tamil Nadu State Government in September 2022. Below are the steps to register for the TNPSC Group 2 Exam 2022.
The following table shows the important dates relevant to the TNPSC Group 2 Exam 2022
|TNPSC Group 2 Exam||Exam Dates|
|Release of notification||23 February 2022|
|Last date for submission of the online application form||23 March 2022|
|Preliminary exam||21 May 2022|
|Written exam||To be announced|
Attempt a Free TNPSC Group 2 Mock Test Here
Registration for TNPSC Group 2 Application form 2022
Check step by step procedure to register for TNPSC Group 2 Exam 2022.
Step 1: Registration for TNPSC Group 2 Exam 2022
The login to the exam form requires a registration ID. The candidate must generate "One Time Registration" on the official website of TNPSC https://www.tnpscexams.in or www.tnpsc.gov.in, which will be valid for five years. Once registration is done, no further registration is required until the earlier is valid. The registration fee is Rs 150, and the exam fee is Rs 100 that is exempt for SC/ST/BC/MBC candidates. After every five years, this OTR has to be renewed by payment of a prescribed fee.
New users can follow the steps for registration:
- Visit www.tnpsc.gov.in or www.tnpscexams.in
- Select New User Login
- Create Login ID through Email and a password you want.
- Enter the personal details, including the contact number and verify the same.
- Upload documents of Signature and Photograph.
- Pay registration fee through Debit/Credit card or NEFT.
Step 2: Fill the TNPSC Group II A Services Application Form
- Go to https://apply.tnpscexams.in/otr and select registered user.
- Sign in by entering your login ID and password.
- Click on Current Application
- Click on Apply Now.
- Click TNPSC Group 2 Service Post.
- Enter and verify your educational qualifications, address, and exam centre details.
- Check and confirm the details.
- Check the box- I agree to submit the online application and then click proceed.
Step 3: Pay TNPSC Group 2 Exam Fee
You can select any of the below modes for payment: Credit Card, Debit Card, NEFT, and proceed further to make payment. OTR Registration Fee is Rs 150, whereas TNPSC Group 2 A application form fee is Rs. 100.
Step 4: Check the application Status
To check the TNPSC application status, the candidate will log in to the site with the credentials. If the status shows as accepted by TNPSC, only then the application will be further processed. If not, then the candidate has to look into the matter and correct the form.
Attempt a Free TNPSC Group 2 Mock Test Here
Pre-requisites while filling the TNPSC Group 2 application form
The details in the TNPSC Group 2 application form are to be filled with utmost care. There are some things to be kept handy while filling the form to avoid any last-minute rush. The below points will help you get things straight before starting the process.
- Linking of Aadhaar Card with One Time Registration (OTR)
This is a mandatory process, and the personal data and biometrics will be used only for authentication purposes. It is mandatory to link Aadhaar Card to OTR for any further process related to OTR like renewal, new OTR, etc.
- Check the Validity of OTR
The candidate must make sure that the OTR is valid or at least it is renewed on time if expired. Without OTR, the online application cannot be filed.
- The attachments require a photograph and a signature, scanned and named as ‘Photograph.jpg' and ‘signature.jpg' with a file size of 20-50KB and 10-20KB, respectively with a DPI resolution of 200.
- Keep these ready for upload while submitting the online application form.
- The photograph must contain the candidate's name along with the photograph's date at the bottom 1.5 cm in length.
- The picture must occupy a balance of 3 cm of the entire photo of size 4.5 cm.
- OTR is different from application
OTR is different from the online application form. OTR serves as a dashboard for the authentication of the candidate. However, the login details for the application remain the same as that of the OTR. However, the applicant needs to follow a separate process to apply for the TNPSC Exams by clicking on ‘Apply' before the respective exam name on the official website. You can also reset the password of OTR only once.
- Valid Email ID and Mobile Number
All the communications from the commission are sent on the email Id and Mobile Number provided by the candidate.
Correct details about the SSLC Register Number and Certificate Number, Month and Year of passing (Final Year in case of multiple years mark sheets available), Medium of instruction, and the Name of the Board that issued the certificate. Changes can be done only with the approval of the Commission and that too before applying for the exam.
Candidates are permitted to choose two district centers as their preferences for the examination, except for the applicants with benchmark disability (differently-abled), who can choose only one exam center.
Eligibility Criteria for TNPSC Group 2 Exam
These are some points of instruction that need to be understood by every candidate to know if they are eligible for the application.
- Is eligible as per the provisions of sec 20(7) of the Tamil Nadu government servants (Conditions of Service) Act, 2016.
- Must have completed 18 years of age as of 1 July 2022. The maximum age limit is 32 years for general candidates. For candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes or Scheduled Caste (Arunthathiyars) or Scheduled Tribes or Backward Classes (Muslim) or most backward classes or Denotified Communities, there is no maximum age limit.
- Candidate must fulfil required minimum educational qualification and experience as mentioned for the post.
- For direct recruitment, the candidate must not be already in service of the government as of the notification of vacancy.
- The candidates must fulfil the physical fitness conditions.
- They must have sufficient knowledge of Tamil.
- In two conditions, a person is considered to be not associated with Government service:
- When a continuous term period of 5 years is not completed from the date of appointment.
- Belongs to Scheduled Castes or Scheduled Caste (Arunthathiyars) or Scheduled Tribes or Backward Classes (Muslim) or most backward classes or Denotified Communities.
The instructions to fill the TNPSC Group 2 Application form 2022 are detailed on the official website. Candidates are advised to check the same before considering the application. Also, for any wrong information produced by the candidates during any stage of the process, the Commission reserves the right to cancel the application outright and take necessary actions. Only for the processed applications, corresponding Hall Tickets will be released on the Official Website in the given time.