TNPSC Group 2 Exam is conducted by the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission. It is a state-level exam that is shown in the offline mode. The Official Notification for TNPSC Group 2 Exam 2022 was released on 23 February 2022. The TNPSC Group 2 Exam Preliminary Exam will be conducted on 21 May 2022. The Admit was released on 10 May 2022. The total number of vacancies for the TNPSC Group II Exam is 5529, including interview (116) and non-interview (5413) vacancies.
TNPSC Group 2 Exam: Overview
The table given below gives a brief overview of the TNPSC Group 2 Exam :
|Name of the exam||TNPSC Group 2 Exam|
|Conducting Organisation||Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission|
|Type of Exam||State Level|
|Stages of TNPSC Group 2 Exam||Two –Prelims exam- 21 May 2022|
Mains Exam – To be Announced
|Mode of Exam||Offline Mode|
|Duration of Exam||Prelims: 3 hours|
Mains: 3 hours 1 hour 30 minutes
|Language||Tamil and English|
|Salary Details||Rs. 37,000/- to Rs. 117,500 (Approx.)|
Attempt a Free TNPSC Group 2 Mock Test Here
TNPSC Group 2 Exam Notification
The TNPSC Group 2 Exam notification for the interview and non-interview was released for 5529 vacancies. The notification was released with changes in the syllabus. Candidates can get themselves registered by filing the application form and paying the one-time registration fees.
- For group 2 interview posts, the candidate's selection will be based on their scores in the Prelims, the Main written exam, and the oral test.
- For group 2 non-interview posts, there will only be the Prelims and Main written exam. There will be no interview for this one.
Check Official Notification here
Key Changes in the TNPSC Group 2 Exam 2022
The following key changes have taken place in the TNPSC Group 2 Exam 2022:
- There has been a merger in the TNPSC exams where group 2 and group 2A exams have been merged, known as Group 2 exams. The new syllabus has been released for the same.
- After the merger, there will be a TNPSC Group II A Exam for the interview and non-interview posts. However, the syllabus of the two stages, the prelims, and the mains will be the same for both posts.
- A new TNPSC Group 2 Exam syllabus has been announced in which there will be 75 questions on General studies and 25 questions on Aptitude and Mental Ability in the Prelims Exam.
- Candidates can choose between General English or General Tamil (100 questions of S.S.L.C standard) in prelims.
TNPSC Group 2 Exam Important Dates
The following table shows the important dates relevant to the TNPSC Group 2 Exam 2022
|TNPSC Group 2 Exam||Dates|
|Release of notification||23 February 2022|
|Last date of application||23 March 2022|
|Preliminary exam||21 May 2022|
|Main Written exam||To be announced along with Prelims result |
TNPSC Group 2 Exam Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for the TNPSC Group 2 A Exam includes educational qualifications and age criteria as follows:
Age Criteria(as of 1st July 2022) :
- The minimum age limit for the candidates is 18 years (Except for Probation officer in the Department of Prisons and Correctional Services - 22 years and Sub-Registrar, Grade-II in Registration Department - 20 years).
- The maximum limit is for general category candidates. There is no upper age limit for BC/MBC/SC/ST reserved category candidates.
- General category candidates – 32 years
- BC/MBC/SC/ST – No upper age restrictions
- The educational qualifications for the TNPSC group, 2 interview, and non-interview posts, are different. The same can be referred to from the official notification of the TNPSC Group 2 Exam 2022.
TNPSC Group 2 Exam Application Form
The application form for the TNPSC Group 2 Exam can be filed until 23 March 2022.
Application procedure for filing TNPSC Group 2 Exam Application form:
- The candidates should visit the official website of the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission- https://www.tnpsc.gov.in/
- On the official website, the candidate should do the one-time registration. After that, they can start filling out the application form. A one-time registration is mandatory for candidates, and the same can be done by paying Rs.150 registration fee. This registration remains valid for 5 years.
- Candidates get a registration ID and password upon registration which should be kept for future use.
- The candidates will be required to upload scanned copies of their signatures, photographs, and certificates on the online portal at the time of registration.
- Once registered, the candidates can log in to the website using the same username and password. Then click on the apply now button after the login.
- After that, the candidates need to select the name of the post for which they want to apply. The name of the post needs to be selected under TNPSC Group 2 service.
- The candidates are required to upload photos and signatures as per the guidelines. If not, their application can be rejected.
- The candidates need to give details mentioned on the application form, such as the name of the candidate, post for which they have applied, date of birth, address, E-mail Id, educational qualification, category, and the centre of examination.
- The candidates can submit the form once they have given all the details. After submitting, they can take a printout and save the application for any future use.
Some important points to remember at the time of application:
- Candidates need to be careful while filling out the application form as no changes can be made afterward.
- Candidates need not send the application form to the concerned department. They can keep the form for their future use.
- Candidates can check their application status, whether accepted or not, by logging in with the registration username and Password.
Attempt a Free TNPSC Group 2 Mock Test Here
TNPSC Group 2 Exam Application Fees
The following fees are required to be paid by the candidates:
- One-time registration fees – Rs. 150/-
- TNPSC Group 2 Exam Fees – Rs. 100/-
The candidates already registered need not pay the registration fees again. However, they will be required to pay the exam fees while filing the application form. The exam fee is exempted for SC/ST/BC/MBC category candidates.
The payment of the exam fees can be done through both offline and online mode when filling the application form.
SBI Online Payment- The candidates can make online fees by debit or credit cards issued by Master or Visa.
SBI Offline Payment- The candidates can use payslips in offline mode at the SBI Bank. Candidates must print the payslips and deposit the fee in cash at an SBI Bank branch near them. Candidates should remember to get a copy of the bank's payment receipt.
Apart from SBI, the payment can be made through net banking, debit/credit card, and bank challan.
TNPSC Group 2 Exam Admit Card
The new dates of the admit card release for the Prelims Exam of TNPSC Group 2 will be announced by TNPSC. For downloading the admit card, the candidates can visit the official website. Following are the steps to download the admit card when it is released:
- Visit the Hall tickets section on the official website of the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission- https://www.tnpsc.gov.in/
- Candidates have to click on the download option of Hall Ticket for TNPSC Group 2 Exam Prelims.
- The candidates need to enter the application ID and their date of birth.
- After that, they need to click on the submit button.
- Once you submit it, the hall ticket will be generated, and the same can be downloaded and printed.
Syllabus of TNPSC Group 2 Exam 2022
- Preliminary Test: General Knowledge and Current Affairs, and Mental ability and Aptitude will be tested in this test.
- Main Test: In this exam, comprehension of English and Tamil languages will be tested. The paper will have questions on comprehension, translation, and writing skills.
|Prelims||General Awareness||General Sciences and Current Affairs|
Aptitude and Mental Ability
|Mains||Paper-I||Translation of Tamil to English and vice versa|
| ||Paper-II||History and Culture of Tamil Nadu|
TNPSC Group 2 Exam 2022 Cut-Off marks
The cut-off marks for TNPSC Group 2 Exam 2022 have not been released yet. However, you can check the previous year's cut-off marks to get an idea for the 2022 exam. Therefore, based on the last year's cut-offs, the expected cut-off marks can be:
Attempt a Free TNPSC Group 2 Mock Test Here
Results of TNPSC Group 2 Exam 2022
The TNPSC Group 2 Prelims Exam result will be declared on the official website. The result contains the score obtained by the candidate and the cut-off marks in the written exam. Those candidates who clear the prelims exam have to appear for the Mains exam.
The stepwise procedure to check the result of the TNPSC Group 2 Exam 2022 is given below:
- Visit the official website of the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission- https://www.tnpsc.gov.in/
- There will be a link on the official website of the TNPSC group 2 results 2021. Upon clicking, the candidate will be redirected to a new page.
- The candidates will be required to enter their registration number and click on the submit button.
- The rank of the candidates, along with their marks, will be displayed on the screen.
- For reference purposes, a printout of the result can be kept by the candidates.
TNPSC Group 2 Exam 2022 Selection Process
The selection process of the TNPSC Group 2 Services Exam has been given below in a summarised manner –
- Apply for the TNPSC Group 2 Exam online on the official website- https://www.tnpsc.gov.in/
- Download the admit card from the website
- Appear for the exams and obtain the required cut-off marks to clear the exam
- View your results to know your performance and the overall cut-off marks.
- The merit list will be released by the Tamil Nadu Public service Commission separately for prelims and main exams, based on the marks obtained by the candidates.
- The selected candidates should be present for the interview at the given venue on the given date. For non-interview posts, no interview is there.
- The finally selected candidates will be sent offer letters by the Tamil Nadu public service Commission.
The whole selection process will be based upon the candidates' performance and the total vacancies for the job.