As per the latest notification released by TNPSC, The Exam pattern for the TNPSC Group 4 Exam has been changed and revised. The General English part from the exam has been done away with as per the latest TNPSC Group 4 Exam Pattern. Read on to know more.
TNPSC Group 4 Notification
TNPSC Group 4 Notification was released on 30 March 2022 for 7301 vacancies. Interested candidates can apply till 28 April 2022. The written exam will be conducted on 24 July 2022. The TNPSC Aspirant for Group 4 Examination 2022 must make a note of the following dates
|GROUP 4 EVENTS||Dates|
|Group 4 notification release date||30 March 2022|
|Online registration starts from||30 March 2022|
|Online registration ends on||28 April 2022|
|TNPSC Group 4 exam date||24 July 2022|
Check the official notification here
TNPSC Group 4 Exam Pattern -Overview
According to the TNPSC Group 4 Exam Pattern, the exam will be an objective type exam.
- TNPSC Group 4 Exam will be conducted offline, i.e. candidates will have to fill in the OMR sheets.
- In a 3 hours duration, the candidate will have to solve a total of 200 questions.
- As per the TNPSC Group 4 Exam Pattern, the paper is divided into 2 parts -
- Part A - Tamil Eligibility-cum-Scoring Test* (SSLC Std) (100 Questions / 150 marks)
- Part B - General Studies (SSLC Std) (75 Questions) with Aptitude & Mental Ability Test (25 Questions) (SSLC Std) for 150 marks
|Mode of Conduction of the Exam||Offline|
|Type of Questions||Objective Type|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours|
|Total Number of Parts in Exam||2|
|Number of stages ||2 - Written test and document verification|
|Total Number of Questions||200|
Attempt a Free TNPSC Group 4 Mock Test Here
TNPSC Group 4 Exam Pattern
TNPSC Group 4 Exam Pattern is as follows :
|Subject||Number Of Questions||Marks Per Question||Total Marks|
|Part A - Tamil||100||1.5 ||150|
|Part B: Aptitude & Mental Ability||25||1.5||37.5|
|Part B: General Tamil||75||1.5||112.5|
Read on for more details: TNPSC Group 4 Application Form, TNPSC Group 4 syllabus, TNPSC Group 4 Eligibility
Marking Scheme Of The Exam As Per The TNPSC Group 4 Exam Pattern
- TNPSC Group 4 Exam has 200 questions.
- The General Studies section comprises 75 questions. Each question is of 1.5 marks.
- Aptitude & Mental Ability, the section comprises 25 questions. Each question is of the 1.5 mark.
- The General Tamil section comprises 100 questions. Each question carries a 1.5 mark.
- So, according to the TNPSC Exam Pattern, the exam will be 300 marks.
- 90 out of 300 are the qualifying marks.
- There will be no negative marking as per the TNPSC Group 4 Exam Pattern.