UPPSC PCS Notification 2021
UPPSC has released the official UPPSC PCS notification 2021 for the recruitment exams for the Upper Subordinate Services (PCS). The Combined State / Upper Subordinate Services (PCS) is conducted for the recruitment of candidates for Group A & B civil services of the UP State Government. You can check the important dates regarding the official UPPSC PCS Recruitment notification in the table given below. The start date and dates to fill up the online application are mentioned. You can fill up your application at the earliest and begin your preparation for the UPPSC PCS Exam 2021.
UPPSC PCS Notification 2021: Important Events and Dates
The list of important dates as per UPPSC PCS Notification 2021 is given in the below table:
|UPPSC PCS Events||Date|
|UPPSC PCS Notification 2021 PDF Release Date||5th February 2021|
|UPPSC PCS application start date||5th February 2021|
|UPPSC PCS application ends on||5th March 2021|
|UPPSC PCS admit card release date||To be notified|
|UPPSC PCS Exam Date (Prelims)||24th October 2021|
|UPPSC PCS Prelims result ||To be notified|
|UPPSC PCS Mains||28th January 2022|
UPPSC PCS Notification 2021 – Total Vacancies:
The vacancy details as per UPPSC PCS Notification 2021 is given in the below table:
|Combined State /Upper Subordinate Services (PCS)||400|
|Assistant Conservator of Forest (A.C.F.)||01|
|Range Forest Officer (R.F.O.)||15|
Note: The number of vacancies may increase or decrease depending upon the circumstances.
UPPSC PCS 2021 Recruitment – Eligibility Criteria
The complete Eligibility criteria as per UPPSC PCS Notification 2021 is given in the below table:
The candidate should be a citizen of India. S/he should not have obtained the permanent residency/citizenship/green card of any other country.
Minimum age as of 1 July 2021 – 21 years.
Maximum age as of 1 July, 2021 – 40 years
(They must have not been born earlier than 2nd July 1981 and not later than July 1, 2000).
Relaxation in age shall be applicable as mentioned below:
|Category||Age relaxation in Years|
|Skilled players of U.P. of Classified Games||5 years|
|Physically Handicapped||15 Years|
|Short service commission officers/Ex-Army personal/ Group-B posts for personal commissioned officers||05 Years|
Note: Documents are required to claim for age relaxation. There is no number of attempts, candidates between 21 years to 40 years can appear for the exam.
Both Married and unmarried candidates are eligible.
Note: Male candidates who are married and have more than one wife living and female candidates who have married a person already having a wife, shall not be eligible unless the Hon'ble. Governor has granted an exemption from this condition.
Educational Qualification for UPPSC PCS/ACF/RPO in 2021:
To appear in the exam, one has to follow the given educational qualifications for the UPPCS PCS/ACF/RPO Recruitment 2021.
|Sub inspected/assistant Prosecuting officer(Transport)||Law graduates from a recognized university.|
|District Administration officer/ Associate DIOS/District bashik siksha adhikari||Post-graduation degree from a recognized university.|
|District Audit Officer||Commerce Graduate from a recognized university.|
|Assistant controller legal measurement(Grade I)/Assistant controller legal measurement(Grade II)||Degree in science with physics or mechanical engineering as one subject from a recognized university.|
|Assistant Labour Commissioner||Degree in arts in sociology or economics as a subject or Commerce/Law from a recognized university.|
|senior Lecturer||Postgraduate degree with B.ed from a recognized university.|
|District prohibition officer||Postgraduate degree in sociology or economics or Postgraduate in any branch of social work from a recognized university.|
|Child Development Project Officer||Postgraduate degree in sociology or economics from a recognized university.|
|Designated Officer/Food Safety Officer||Postgraduate degree in chemistry or a bachelor's degree in food technology/ Dairy Technology/ Biology/ Microbiology/Oil Technology/ Agriculture Science/Biotechnology from a recognized university.|
|Statistical Officer||Postgraduate degree in Statistics/ mathematics/ mathematical statistics/Agricultural statistics|
|Labour Enforcement Officer||Bachelor's degree in Economics/Sociology or postgraduate degree in law/Labour relation/Sociology/Social Work/Trade Management|
|Range Forest Officer||A bachelor's degree with two or more subjects namely mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology, botany, agriculture, statistics|
|Assistant Convertor of Officer||A bachelor's degree with two or more subjects namely mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology, botany, agriculture, statistics|
UPPSC PCS 2021 – Application Process
The Application process details as per UPPSC PCS Notification 2021 is given in the below table:
|S.No||Category||Application Fee- Prelims(Rs.)||Application Fee- Mains(Rs.)|
|1||General//Economically weaker sections/Other Backward Class ||125||225|
|2||Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe ||65||105|
|5||Dependents of the Freedom fighters/women||According to their original category||According to their original category|
Note: The online processing fee is the charge taken when online payments are done, so it differs from the exam fee.
UPPSC PCS 2021 Salary and allowances:
Complete Salary details as per UPPSC PCS Notification 2021 is given in the below table:
|Post||Payscale||Pay Matrix Group|
|Assistant conservator of Forest||Rs 15600/- to Rs 39100/||Level-10th|
|Range Forest Officer ||Rs 9300/- to Rs 34800/-||Level-8th|
UPPSC PCS Officer Pay Scale-7th Pay commission:
Here is the pay scale and allowances given to UPPSC PCS officers.
|Entry-level||Rs.56100-132000 (Pay Level 10)|
|After 5 years of service||Rs.67700-160000 (Pay Level 11)|
|After 12 years of service||Rs.78800-191500 (Pay Level 12)|
|After 16 years of service and based on seniority||Rs.118500-214100 (Pay Level 13)|
|Completed minimum 5 years of service and also based on seniority||Rs.131100-216600 (Pay Level 13A)|
|Completed minimum 1 year of service and also based on seniority||Rs.144200-218200 (Pay Level 14)|
|Completed minimum 5 years of service and based on seniority||Rs.182200-224100 (Pay Level 15)|
UPPSC PCS Allowances and Perks:
Apart from salary, a UPPSC PCS officer gets a lot of perks and allowances. Following is the list of all allowances that the officer gets.
- Government provided Accommodation/Home/Apartment.
- Electricity and Water Bill.
- Medical Expenses.
- Free Phone Call.
- Office Vehicles.
- Study leave.
- Transport Allowances.
- Security Guard and Household Helpers.
- A Dearness Allowance at 65%
UPPSC PCS 2021 Recruitment – Selection Process:
The competitive examination for the PCS Examination, 2021 comprise three successive stages as per the UPPSC PCS 2021 Notification
Preliminary Examination (Objective Type & Multiple choice)
Main Examination (Conventional Type, i.e. Written examination)
Viva- Voce (Personality Test)
UPPSC PCS 2021 Exam – Pattern & Syllabus:
Stage I – Prelims Exam Pattern
The Preliminary examination for Combined State / Upper Subordinate Services (PCS) consists of 2 papers of which answer sheets will be on OMR sheets. Paper I and II, shall comprise of 150 and 100 respectively. The timing of paper I will be from 9.30 to 11.30 A.M. and paper II from 2.30 to 4.30 P.M.
UPPSC PCS Syllabus:
Paper I (General Studies-I):
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- India and World geography – Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues etc.
- Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
- General Issues on Environmental ecology, Biodiversity and Climate Change- that do not require subject specialization.
- General Science
- For detail syllabus click here
- Note:- Candidates are expected to have general awareness about the above subjects with
- Special reference to Uttar Pradesh.
Paper I (General Studies-II) Syllabus:
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills.
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability.
- Decision making and problem solving.
- General mental ability
- Elementary Mathematics upto Class X level- Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry and statistics.
- General English upto Class X level.
- General Hindi upto Class X level.
Stage 2 – Paper II – Main Examination Pattern
The Written examination will consist of compulsory and optional subjects. The candidates have to select any one subject from the list of optional subjects for the main examination which will consist of two papers.
- General Hindi-150 marks
- Essay-150 marks
- General Studies (First Paper)-200 marks
- General Studies (Second Paper)-200 marks
- General Studies (Third Paper)-200 marks
- General Studies (Fourth Paper)-200 marks
Botany, Agriculture, Mechanical Engineering, Zoology, Law, Electrical Engineering, Chemistry, Animal Husbandry, English Lit., Physics & Veterinary Science, Urdu Lit. Mathematics, Statistics, Hindi Lit. Geography, Management, Sanskrit Lit. Political Science, Economics, Commerce, Sociology, International Relations, Accountancy, Philosophy, History, Public Administration, Geology, Anthropology, Medical Science, Psychology, Civil Engineering
For detailed syllabus click here
Complete UPPSC PCS Mains Exam Pattern:
|Paper Name||Marks||Time Duration|
|General Hindi||150||3 Hours|
|General Studies – I||200||3 Hours|
|General Studies – II||200||3 Hours|
|General Studies – III||200||3 Hours|
|General Studies – IV||200||3 Hours|
|Optional Subject – Paper I||200||3 Hours|
|Optional Subject – Paper II||200||3 Hours|
Stage 3 –: Personality Test:
The candidate will be interviewed by a board of competent and unbiased observers. The personality test will be of 150 Marks.
- Total duration of Paper I and II – 2 hours each
- Total Number of questions in Paper I – 150 (200 Marks)
- Total Number of questions in Paper II – 100 (200 Marks)
- Paper-II of the Prelim Exam will be a qualifying paper with 33% being minimum qualifying marks.
- It is mandatory for the Candidates to appear in both the papers of Prelim Exam.
- The merit of the Candidates will be determined on the basis of marks secured in Paper-I of the Prelim Exam.
- No candidate shall be admitted to the examination unless he holds the admit card obtained from the Commission.
UPPSC PCS 2021 Admit Card: How To Download?
Admit cards are mandatory in order to appear in the exam. UPPSC PCS Admit Card is released on the official website of UPPSC.
- The candidates need to download their admit card before appearing for the examination.(keep it for future use).
- Candidates who have qualified for the interview have to carry the UPPSC PCS hall ticket.
- Make sure the details in the admit card like your name, date of birth etc. match accurately to the ID proof you would be carrying like AADHAR, PAN, Voter ID etc.
UPPSC PCS 2021 Exam Centers
Here is the list of districts where the preliminary examination will be held:
Ayodhya, Agra, Azamgarh, Bareilly, Barabanki, Ghaziabad, Gorakhpur, Jaunpur, Jhansi, Kanpur Nagar, Lucknow, Mathura, Meerut, Mirzapur, Moradabad, Prayagraj, Rae Bareli, Sitapur and Varanasi.
UPPSC PCS 2021 Preparation Tips
- Give importance to Newspapers- You can choose any good paper for editorial, as it will open your mind to think from different perspectives.
- Prepare precise notes- lengthy notes are of no use when you have a very lengthy syllabus to revise.
- Read Often, revise More often- One thing that sets toppers apart is the habit of revision. For this exam, revision is the key, you have to remember whatever you are reading.
- Mock Tests- Join a mock test series for a better understanding of the actual exam level, test series can immensely help you in acing this exam.
- Previous Year Question Papers- Go through the previous year question papers, It will help you to get a better idea of the level of exam and the kind of questions asked.
- Take proper sleep, drink enough water, and have confidence in your abilities.
UPPSC PCS 2021 Exam result
The UPPSC PCS result 2021 result will be declared on the official website of UPPSC, keep checking the website for updates. Click here to check the result.