UPPSC RO ARO Pattern - Every year, the board of the UPPSC conducts civil service exams for different government posts throughout the state of UP. The Uttar Pradesh Public service commission (UPPSC), on 5th March 2021, announced 337 RO ( Review officer ) and ARO (assistant review officers on its official website www.uppsc.up.nic.in. Out of 337 vacancies, 228 will be through general recruitment and the balance through special recruitment. Here, you can find more information about the UPPSC RO ARO Syllabus, exam pattern, relevant dates and get the complete preparation guide.
UPPSC RO ARO Exam Pattern
UPPSC conducts the RO ARO exams in three stages. They are as follows:
- Preliminary exam
- Main exam
Here is an overview of the main and preliminary exam patterns.
Preliminary Exam Pattern
- This is the first exam of the entire recruitment process.
- This is a multiple-choice objective test.
- It consists of 200 marks.
- There is a negative marking for every incorrect answer. Negative marking amounts to one-third, or 0.33 marks, of the marks assigned to the question.
- There are two papers in this exam:
|S.no||Subject||Total number of questions||Total Marks||Duration of paper|
|Paper-1||General studies||140||140||2 hours|
|Paper-2||General Hindi||60||60||1 hour|
Mains Exam Pattern
- The candidate who passes the preliminary exam is eligible to appear for the main exam.
- This is also a multiple choice objective type paper in the mains exam.
- The mains exam carries 400 marks.
- There will be a negative marking for every incorrect answer. There will be a deduction of one-third from the marks assigned to that question.
- The exam consists of three papers:
|S.no||Subject||Total number of questions||Total marks||Duration of paper|
|Paper-1||General studies ||120||120||2 hours|
|Paper-2||General Hindi and drafting(Part-1) – Subjective paper||100||100||2.5 hours|
|Paper-2||General Hindi and Drafting – General vocabulary (Part-2) – Objective type||60||60||O.5 hour|
|Paper-3||Hindi essay||120||120||3 hours|
- After passing the preliminary and main exams, applicants are eligible for the final round of interviews.
- The UPPSC will assess candidates based on their skills and practical knowledge related to the job profile in this round.
- Candidates must also prepare the current affairs for this round, even though there is no official syllabus.
UPPSC RO ARO Syllabus
Below are the details of the UPPSC RO ARO syllabus for the preliminary and main exams. First, let’s talk about the syllabus for the preliminary exam:
UPPSC RO ARO Prelims syllabus
Paper-1: General studies
- General Science
- Indian national movement
- World geography
- Natural resources of India
- Current: National and international affairs
- History of India
- Indian politics, economy, and culture
- Population and Ecology of India
- Urbanization in India
- Special knowledge regarding Culture, Agriculture Industry, Trade, Education, Living, and the social traditions in the state of Uttar Pradesh
- General Intelligentsia
Paper-2: General Hindi
- Sentence correction
- Nouns and Adjectives
- Same usage words
- One word for several words