UPPSC RO ARO Syllabus - Every year, the board of the UPPSC conducts civil service exams for different government posts throughout the state of UP. The Uttar Pradesh Public service commission (UPPSC), on 5th March 2021, announced 337 RO ( Review officer ) and ARO (assistant review officers on its official website www.uppsc.up.nic.in. Out of 337 vacancies, 228 will be through general recruitment and the balance through special recruitment. Here, you can find more information about the UPPSC RO ARO Syllabus, exam pattern, relevant dates and get the complete preparation guide.
UPPSC RO ARO Syllabus
Below are the details of the UPPSC RO ARO syllabus for the preliminary and main exams. First, let’s talk about the syllabus for the preliminary exam:
UPPSC RO ARO Prelims syllabus
Paper-1: General studies
- General Science
- Indian national movement
- World geography
- Natural resources of India
- Current: National and international affairs
- History of India
- Indian politics, economy, and culture
- Population and Ecology of India
- Urbanization in India
- Special knowledge regarding Culture, Agriculture Industry, Trade, Education, Living, and the social traditions in the state of Uttar Pradesh
- General Intelligentsia
Paper-2: General Hindi
- Sentence correction
- Nouns and Adjectives
- Same usage words
- One word for several words
UPPSC RO ARO Mains syllabus
Below is a list of relevant topics to study for the main exam:
Paper-1: General Studies
- Same syllabus as in preliminary exam
Paper-2: General Hindi and Drafting
- Definitions and Vocabulary (Both administrative and commercial) - Idioms and Phrases, English to Hindi, Hindi to English
- Headings of a given passage, precis, and explanation of underlined parts
- Official/ Demi-official letter
- Official Memo/ Memo/ Circular
- Communique/ Reminder/ Annotation and Reports
- Computer knowledge
Part-2 – General Hindi and Drafting –Objective
- Same as General Hindi in preliminary exams.
Paper-3: Hindi Essay
- This paper contains three questions.
- Write an essay using one heading from each question.
- There is a 600-word limit.
- You will be asked to write essays on either of the following topics:
|Literature and Culture||Social field or||Political field|
|Science, Ecology, and Technology||Economical Field||Agriculture and Commerce|
|National and International Events||Natural Calamities- Earthquake, cyclone, Flood, Drought, etc.||National Development plans|
UPPSC RO ARO Important Dates 2021
Here is an overview of the recruitment process’s important dates.
|Official notification date||5th March 2021|
|Online application start date||5th March 2021|
|Application last date||8th April 2021|
|Prelims exam date||5th December 2021|
|Mains exam date||10th April 2022|
|Interview date||Yet to be announced|
Also Read: UPPSC RO ARO Exam
UPPSC RO ARO Exam Pattern
UPPSC conducts the RO ARO exams in three stages. They are as follows:
- Preliminary exam
- Main exam
Here is an overview of the main and preliminary exam patterns.
Preliminary Exam Pattern
- This is the first exam of the entire recruitment process.
- This is a multiple-choice objective test.
- It consists of 200 marks.
- There is a negative marking for every incorrect answer. Negative marking amounts to one-third, or 0.33 marks, of the marks assigned to the question.
- There are two papers in this exam:
|S.no||Subject||Total number of questions||Total Marks||Duration of paper|
|Paper-1||General studies||140||140||2 hours|
|Paper-2||General Hindi||60||60||1 hour|
Mains Exam Pattern
- The candidate who passes the preliminary exam is eligible to appear for the main exam.
- This is also a multiple choice objective type paper in the mains exam.
- The mains exam carries 400 marks.
- There will be a negative marking for every incorrect answer. There will be a deduction of one-third from the marks assigned to that question.
- The exam consists of three papers:
|S.no||Subject||Total number of questions||Total marks||Duration of paper|
|Paper-1||General studies ||120||120||2 hours|
|Paper-2||General Hindi and drafting(Part-1) – Subjective paper||100||100||2.5 hours|
|Paper-2||General Hindi and Drafting – General vocabulary (Part-2) – Objective type||60||60||O.5 hour|
|Paper-3||Hindi essay||120||120||3 hours|
- After passing the preliminary and main exams, applicants are eligible for the final round of interviews.
- The UPPSC will assess candidates based on their skills and practical knowledge related to the job profile in this round.
- Candidates must also prepare the current affairs for this round, even though there is no official syllabus.
Preparation Tips For The Exam
The UPPSC RO ARO exam is competitive. To help you clear the exam, here are some tips:
- For preparation, candidates can refer to the previous year’s UPPSC RO and ARO exam papers. The students will get a sense of how the exams appear and how difficult the questions are.
- Candidates may also attempt to give mock test papers. Mock test papers are available online for free on Oliveboard Website or App. The practice tests will help you determine your preparation level.
- When reading about different topics, only use the credited books. Keep up with current affairs by reading the newspaper daily.
Following the above article, we hope that you now have a good grasp of how to approach the exam. Lastly, candidates should follow the UPPSC RO ARO syllabus as indicated above or on the official website. Also, for further updates, you can consult our site and the official website at www.uppsc.nic.in.