XAT 2022 Exam Date
XAT 2022 Exam Date: XLRI Jamshedpur conducts XAT Exam every year for admissions in various streams of MBA and PGDM courses. It has declared the XAT Exam Date for 2022 on its official web portal @xatonline.in and the XAT 2022 is will be held on January 2, 2022. The registration process has started on August 10, 2021, and will end on November 30, 2021. The exam is a computer-based national-level entrance test for admissions to the different branches of XLRI and other top-rated B-schools. Read further to know about the XAT Exam Schedule and other relevant information.
XAT 2022 Exam Date - Overview
XLRI has released a notification regarding the XAT Exam 2022. It conducts this prestigious all-India level exam on behalf of XAMI. This exam selects the most appropriate students for management seats in over 160 management institutes (over 700 colleges across the country, including XLRI and 10 XAMIs).
|Name of the Exam Conducting Body||XLRI (Xavier School of Management/ Xavier Labour Relations Institute) Jamshedpur|
|Exam Name||XAT (Xavier Aptitude Test) 2022|
|Official Website||https://www.xlri.ac.in/ or xatonline.in|
|Courses||MBA/PGDM in over 160 Institutes and 700 B-schools|
|Online Application Process Started Date||10th August 2021|
|Online Application Process Ending Date||30th November 2021 (Extended till 10th December 2021)|
|Exam Pattern||Written Exam, Group Discussion, and|
|Written Exam Date||2nd January 2022|
|Admit Card Release Date||24th December 2021|
|Result Date||Tentatively, within 3 weeks of the exam|
|Helpline Number and Mail||022-61306224, [email protected]|
XAT 2022 - Eligibility Criteria
XLRI has set the eligibility criteria to appear for the XAT Exam. Only those aspirants who match the criteria are eligible to appear for this exam and will get the admit card issued by the board. The eligibility criteria are as follows:
Graduation Degree (min 3 years of regular course) in any discipline from a recognized University or equivalent
Can apply through GMAT Score
No upper limit
XAT 2022 - Selection Process
The exam conducting board selects students for these post-graduation courses based on three stages;
- Online Written Test
- Group Discussion
- Personal Interview
XAT 2022 Syllabus
XLRI has revised the syllabus for XAT Exam 2022, and now it consists of four sections:
1. Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation
- Mensuration (2D and 3D)
- Algebra Functions
- Profit and Loss
- Speed & Distance
- Quadratic Equations
- Linear Equations
- Surds & Indices
2. Decision Making
- Ethical Dilemma
- Business Decisions
- Analytical Reasoning
- Situational Conditions
- Grouping Test
- Data Arrangement Test
- Data Comprehension
- Decision making in a situation
3. Logical & Verbal Ability
- Para Jumbles
- Para Completion
- Error Detection
- Sentence Completion
4. General Awareness
- Static GK and Current Affairs (History, Politics, National & International Affairs, Sports, States, etc.)
XAT 2022 Exam Pattern
We advise aspirants to prepare for XAT by following the exam pattern mentioned below. It will help them prepare thoroughly.
|Sections||Number of questions||Time Duration|
|Part-1||75 Total MCQs||165 Minutes|
|Verbal and Logical Ability||26|| |
|Decision Making||21|| |
|Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation||28|| |
|Part-2||25 Total MCQs + 1 Essay||15 Minutes|
|General Knowledge||25|| |
|Total questions (Part 1 + Part 2)||101|| 180 minutes|
Note 1: There will be no negative marking for the General Knowledge section.
Note 2: There is no sectional time limit in Part-1 of XAT
Note 3: Essay shall be evaluated after the candidate will be shortlisted for the interview
The XAT Exam is an online test with two parts, one of 165 minutes and another of 15 minutes. The board will follow the negative marking system in this exam. It will give the aspirant 1 mark for each right answer and deduct 0.25 marks for every wrong answer. It will issue sectional cut-offs within a month of this exam and call qualifying aspirants for the next round of Group Discussion. The applicants who will qualify in the GD round will go for Personal Interview Round. The board will declare the final merit list based on the XAT 2022 scores, XAT GD and PI performances, Academic Backgrounds, Extra-Curricular Activities, and Relevant Work Experiences of the aspirants.
XAT 2022 Admit Card
Follow the step-by-step instructions given below and download your XAT Admit card.
Steps to download XAT exam admit card
- Visit https://xatonline.in/ and access the official XAT website.
- Click the ‘Login' option and enter your credentials, such as your XAT User ID and password.
- To download the XAT 2022 admit card, go to the hall ticket tab/admit card option.
- Save the XAT admit card as a PDF file by clicking the download tab.
XAT Exam Day Instructions - Important Points
- Aspirants must thoroughly read and follow all of the guidelines on the admit card. Until the whole selection process is done, the admit card should be kept safe. This is because the candidates may need the XAT Admit card throughout the document verification process.
- Along with the Admit card, you must bring ID proof such as a passport, driver's license, Aadhar card, voters ID, or pan card.
- The information on the admit card should match the information provided by the applicant on the online application. Applicants must carefully fill out the application forms to avoid errors on the admit card.
- As soon as the XAT 2021 admission card is downloaded, candidates must double-check all the information on it. Candidates must call the relevant authorities on the XAT exam helpline if there is an error on the admit card and get it rectified before the exam begins.
- Candidates must ensure that their names are not misspelt or incomplete. The exam registration number must match the one on the XAT application. The candidate's date of birth must not be inaccurate.
- Candidates should double-check that the PwD status on their admit card matches their application form.
- Candidates must also verify the exam date and ensure that the test city matches the cities selected on the application form.
- To make any changes to their admit card, candidates should contact the Board of Directors at the below address. Requests for changes to the admit card are hardly granted, so it's best to get it right the first time.
XAT Exam Centres
Each candidate will be given the option of selecting a test city, and the XAT examination centre will be listed on the admit card.
|Greater Noida|| || |
XAT Exam instructions
- Candidates for the XAT 2022 exam must bring two copies of their XAT 2022 admit card to the exam centre. One copy of the XAT Admit card must be given to the invigilator, while the candidate must keep the other copy.
- All applicants must check their hall tickets/admit cards for possible printing errors to avoid complications on exam day.
- If any mistakes are discovered in the admit card, the candidates must immediately notify the appropriate authority and correct them as soon as possible.
- There will be no consideration given to requests for a change in the XAT examination center.
XAT is one of the most sought-after exams to get a seat in top-notch B-schools. According to XLRI data, over 90,000 students appear for this exam every year. Aspirants must prepare hard to ace this exam, as the XAT Exam Date 2022, is not far. We have mentioned the above XAT Exam Schedule 2022, exam pattern, and syllabus in this guide. So, prepare accordingly and keep checking the official web portal @xatonline.in to be aware of the latest updates.