XAT 2022 Notification
XAT 2022 Notification Out: XAT 2022 Notification has been released. Xavier Aptitude Tets or XAT is one of the largest MBA entrance exams for admission to XLRI, SPJIMR, IMT, XIMB, TAPMI, and 160+ MBA colleges in India. Every year many students appear in the XAT exam to get into the various MBA programs offered by the top B-schools. XLRI is the exam conducting body for the XAT exam. In this article, you will find all the important details about XAT 2022 exam.
XAT 2022 Notification - Important Dates
|XAT 2022 application start date||August 10, 2021, by 12:00 P.M.|
|XAT 2022 application last date||Extended till 10th December 2021|
|XAT 2022 Admit card download||Dec 24, 2021, onwards|
|XAT 2022 Exam||Jan 02, 2022, Sunday|
|XAT 2022 Result Date||January 31, 2022 (Tentative) |
Note: GMAT/GRE score validity (taken from December 1, 2016, to December 31, 2021)
How To Apply for XAT 2022
The candidates who want to apply for the XAT 2022, need to know the process to apply online for the examination. The candidates have to apply for the XAT on the official website of XAT. XLRI (Xavier School of Management) will be conducting the Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT). Here is the process of filling XAT online.
Step 1: Visit the XAT official website – https://xatonline.in/
Step 2: Register Yourself for XAT by filling in the required details.
Step 3: Click on the Apply Online link.
Step 4: First fill the XAT registration process by providing the relevant details.
Step 5: Now pay the application fee.
Step 6: Fill in any other relevant detail if required.
Step 7: Upload the scanned images.
Step 8: Press submit to successfully complete the application form 2022.
Documents Required Before Filling Up The Application Process
Before starting to fill up the online application form, candidates must keep the following information/documents handy as the candidates would be required to upload the requisite documents, as applicable, in the online Application Form:
- Any government ID proofs (Passport, Voter I-Card, Driving License, PAN Card)
- Marksheets of Class X, Class XII, Graduation, and/or other equivalent exams.
- Scanned images of photograph and signature
- Scanned copy of category certificate (if any)
- Payment mode details (Credit, debit, net banking)
- Experience certificate from the employer or letter of recommendation to prove work experience if any (for programs where work experience is mandatory)
- Valid email address, and mobile phone number
XAT 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The candidate should be either a citizen of India or NRI (Non-resident Indian).
No Minimum/ Maximum Age
Three-year bachelor's degree or equivalent from a recognized university
No minimum percentage criteria are applicable
Final year degree students can also apply
Foreign Candidates: Through GMAT scores
Additional requirement: Applicants must not have any backlog at the time of registering for XAT 2022.
XAT 2022 Application Fees
The application fee is as follows:
- INR 1800 (without late charges)
- Candidates applying for the XLRI program(s) need to pay an additional Rs.300 for each program.
- INR 2500 (Indian Candidates applying for Ex-PGDM through GMAT)
- INR 5000 (NRI or Foreign Candidates applying for one or multiple programs via GMAT)
XAT 2022 Exam Pattern
XAT 2022 is a computer-based test(CBT). It is scheduled to be conducted on Sunday, January 2, 2022, from 9.30 AM to 12.30 PM across 72 cities in India. XAT Exam paper pattern 2022 will consist of four sections with MCQs only. The number of questions in the XAT 2022 will be 100. Here are the details of the XAT 2022 exam pattern:
- Test timing - 9.30 AM to 12.30 PM
- Total questions- 100
- No Essay Writing test is there.
- NAT or Numerical ability type questions without negative marking have been introduced
- Exam divided in two parts which consist of 4 sections –VALR, DM, QADI, GK
- Part-2 consists of only the GK section which is not counted for percentile calculation
- All questions are of MCQ type and have five options with one correct option
- Marks for every correct answer: 1
- ¼ Negative Marking for the wrong answer for first three sections
- No negative marking for the last GK section
- Visually impaired candidates with scribe are given additional 25 minutes only for Part 1 of the XAT exam
Note: Beyond 8 unanswered questions, 0.10 marks will be deducted for each unanswered question.
|XAT 2022 Exam Pattern||Number of questions||Duration|
|Section-1||Total 75 MCQs||165 minutes|
|Verbal and Logical Ability||26|| |
|Decision Making||21|| |
|Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation||28|| |
|Section-2||Total 25 MCQs + 1 Essay||15 Minutes|
|General Knowledge||25|| |
|Total questions (Section 1 + Section 2)||101 Qs||Total time-180 Minutes|
Note 1: There will be no negative marking for the General Knowledge section.
Note 2: There is no sectional time limit in Part-1 of XAT
Note 3: Essay shall be evaluated after the candidate will be shortlisted for the interview
XAT 2022 Syllabus
The XAT 2022 syllabus for Section-1 includes Verbal and Logical Ability, Decision Making, Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation.
Verbal and Logical Ability
Every manager and leader must have language skills and logical thinking. This section in XAT assesses the related capabilities of the candidates through logical reasoning and verbal ability questions. Reading Comprehensions constitutes a major portion of this section and its passages revolve around economic, political, or abstract themes. Other topics are mainly related to grammar. On the other hand, logical reasoning includes common topics that entail deductive potential and inference-based judgments. Here is the list of the key topics of the Verbal & Logical Ability section:
- Reading Comprehension
- Fill in the Blanks
- Para Jumble
- Logical Completion of Idea
- Critical Reasoning
In the decision-making section, candidates have to read the passages or a set of information, think over it rationally, and then reach a possible solution or suggestions for it. Its questions are moderate to difficult in nature and delves into the following types of topics:
- Situational Issues
- Analytical Reasoning
- Data Arrangements
- Financial issues
- Managerial Issues
- Ethical dilemmas
Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation
This section is based on the fundamental topics of mathematics. Quant and DI questions in XAT require rigorous calculations and can be aced with good practice, strong conceptual clarity, and a good knowledge of shortcuts and formulae. The majority of the questions for this section are asked from the following areas:
- Mensuration- 2D and 3D
- Averages and Partnerships
- Algebra Functions
- Heights & Distance
- Direction Sense
- Linear and Quadratic Equations
- Time, Speed & Distance
- Tables, Graphs, Pie Charts
- Profit and Loss
The XAT 2022 syllabus for Section-2 includes General Knowledge.
The General Knowledge section is based on a vast range of fields ranging from static GK to the current national and international events. It is important to prepare this section from the following areas:
- Indian Polity and Constitution
- Business and Corporate GK (Mergers and Acquisitions)
- Science and Technology
- Current Affairs (last 12 months)
- Awards and Recognitions
XAT 2022 Admit Card
XAT admit card for 2022 will be available for download from December 20, 2021, onwards on the official website. The details of the centre, date, time, registration details, etc will be mentioned in the XAT Admit Card.
XAT 2022 Result
The result is generally declared 25-30 days after the exam. You can keep checking the official website for updates.
XAT 2022 Exam Centers
The Exam is expected to be conducted in 70+ cities across India. At the time of filling the application, the candidate can select their city of choice for the exam. Once allotted, the centre of the exam cannot be changed.
|Bokaro Steel City||Bhilai Nagar||Dibrugarh||Dhanbad|
XAT 2022: Preparation Tips
- Know the syllabus- You Have to clearly understand what topics are asked and what not. This can be done by going through the syllabus carefully.
- Prepare precise notes- Lengthy notes are of no use when you have a lot of things to revise at the last moment, so make precise notes.
- Decision-making section- This one particular section can be aced by practising a lot. So make sure to concentrate on this section.
- Mock Tests- Join a mock test series for a better understanding of the actual exam level, test series can immensely help you in acing this exam.
- Newspaper and current events: For the general knowledge section, you can refer to some standard newspapers, it will help you immensely to ace the current affairs in the GK section.
- Short-tricks: Learn short tricks to solve quant problems, it will save your time.
- Previous Year Question Papers- Go through the previous year question papers, It will help you to get a better idea of the level of exam and the kind of questions asked. Apart from GK, reading newspapers will help you to understand reading comprehension more easily.