Now that the NABARD Grade A Prelims is over, it is time to start your preparations for the NABARD Grade A Mains Exam (Phase 2). Preparing for NABARD Mains Exam seems to be a Herculean task for NABARD Exam aspirants, but with proper guidance and structured list of syllabus and important topics to be covered for the Exam, preparations become easy. In this blog we will cover NABARD Grade A 2019 Preparation Strategy, essential Books and some Tips & Tricks for the NABARD Grade A Mains (Phase 2) Exam. The Exam dates for Phase 2 haven’t been announced yet. But will soon be announced and the also admit cards will be released. Stay tuned to Oliveboard for Phase 2 Exam dates and Admit cards as well.
Refer Olivebloard’s Free Lessons of
NABARD Grade A Officer Phase 2 – Exam Pattern
NABARD Grade A Main Examination will be held online and will be a mix of MCQ and descriptive pattern.
|Paper 1||English (Descriptive)||100||90 mins|
|Paper 2||ESI and ARD
(for General posts)
NABARD Grade A 2019 Preparation – Books, Important Topics & Tips
Paper 1 – Descriptive English
The English Descriptive Paper mostly consists of the following questions:
- An Essay (40 Marks)
- Letter Writing/E-mail/Memo (20 Marks)
- Precise Writing (20 Marks)
- Reading Comprehension (20 Marks)
Paper 2 – ESI & ARD
Broad Topics form the ARD Syllabus that you should focus upon
- Basics of Agriculture
- Agricultural Engineering
- Agriculture Extension
- Animal Husbandry & Poultry
- Basics of Agriculture Economics
- Ecology & Climate Change
- Irrigation Management
- Soil Science
- Rural Development
- Present Scenario of Indian Agriculture
- Agricultural Schemes
For Complete Syllabus – Refer Here
NABARD Grade A 2019 Preparation Strategy – Agriculture & Rural Development
- Cover the Basics of Agriculture and Rural Development from basic book say “Agriculture at a Glance” by R.K. Sharma. The book covers extensively all the important basic topics under Agriculture.
- Another way to cover the topics under the syllabus is to take up the NABARD 2019 Mock Test Series. The NABARD Online Test Series offered by Oliveboard is not just limited to Phase 1 & Phase 2 Mocks but also include study materials for Agriculture & Rural Development (ARD), Economic & Social Issues (ESI), Video Lessons, GK Supplement and a lot more. The study notes for ARD and ESI cover all the topics from the syllabus.
- Again Current affairs will play a very crucial role in Phase 2 Exam as well. Try to cover the current affairs of last 5-6 months. The focus of current affairs should be Agriculture and Rural Development. Learn to understand the current affairs related to Agriculture & Rural Development and keep revising them.
- You can cover the Agriculture related current affairs from Yojana & Kurukshetra Magazine.
- Agricultural census by the Ministry of Agriculture should be given its due importance.
- Cover the Union Budget 2019 comprehensively. Pay special emphasis to Agricultural schemes introduced and budget allocation to them. The facts & figures related to Agriculture schemes should be on your finger tips.
- Go through the websites of NABARD and try to cover the Govt. Sponsored Scheme Section. It gives you thorough knowledge about the Schemes that come under the aegis of NABARD.
- Go through the Reports and publications provided by the Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers’ Welfare and Ministry of Rural Development, Ministry of Environment, Forest & Climate change. Read and learn about the schemes given in the website.
- Go through the Agriculture News from the website of Department of Agriculture Cooperation & Farmer Welfare.
- Last but not the least, read all the relevant old and new Agriculture Schemes. questions may be asked on these schemes.
Very Important Schemes and Portals launched to be Covered from the above websites.
- Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana
- Soil Health Card
- E-NAM (Electronic – National Agricultural Marketplace)
- Jaivik Kheti
- Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayi Yojana
- DBT in Agriculture
- PMAYG – Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin
- NRLM – National Rural Livelihood Mission (Deen Dayal Antyodaya Yojana)
- PMGSY – Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana
- NSAP – National Social Assistance Programme
- SAGY – Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana
- DDUGKY – Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana
- Mission Antyodaya
NABARD Grade A 2019 Preparation Strategy – Economics and Social Issues
- Cover the Basics of the Indian Economy from the NCERT Economics book for class 11th & 12th. After covering these you can jump onto the Indian economy by Ramesh Singh or Sanjiv Verma.
- You can take up ready made notes for Economics and Social Issues from Oliveboard as well.
- Take up the copy of the syllabus and start reading topic wise from the above given books. These books will help you not only in clearing your concepts of the Indian Economy but will also help you understand the current affairs related to them .
- Cover the Government Schemes related to ESI (old and new). Questions on Government Schemes are mostly asked in Exam.
- Cover the current affairs related to Economics & Social Issues very thoroughly of the past 6 months prior to the Exam.
- Go through the recent reports and speeches given on the RBI website.
- Cover the Socio-Economic Caste census. Questions may be asked around it.
This was all from us in this blog of “NABARD Grade A 2019 Preparation Strategy – Books, Important Topics & Tips”. We hope that you like the content of the blog NABARD Grade A 2019 Preparation Strategy – Books, Important Topics & Tips and would prove useful to you. We have prepared Free Agriculture & Rural Development Notes for your extensive preparation.
Refer to them below:
- Minimum Support Prices (MSP) – 2018/19: Free NABARD ARD Notes Ebook (PDF)
- Water Conservation: Methods and Importance | NABARD ARD Notes
- Organizations for Rural Development of India | Free ARD Notes for NABARD
- Institutional Financing Agencies | Free ARD Notes for NABARD
- Impact of Globalization on Agriculture | Free ARD Notes for NABARD
- National Income Accounting – GDP Calculation & Per Capita Income
- Poverty Alleviation & Employment Generation – RBI Grade B Study Notes
- Fisheries in India – Free ARD Notes for NABARD
- Animal Husbandry in India – Types, Importance & more | Free ARD Notes for NABARD
- Impact of Climate Change on Agriculture – Free ARD Notes for NABARD
- Farm and Agri Engineering – Importance | Free ARD Notes for NABARD
- Agricultural Markets: Concept, Classification, and more | Free ARD Notes for NABARD
- Agricultural Credit System – Types and Sources | Free ARD Notes for NABARD
- Types of Agriculture in India – NABARD Agriculture Notes
- Food Security in India – Free Ebook for NABARD Exams
- Krishi Vigyaan Kendras – NABARD Agriculture Notes
- Agricultural Organisations – India and World | Free ARD Notes E-Book (PDF)
- Irrigation: Types of Irrigation, Sources
- Agricultural Finance: Classification and Sources – NABARD Agriculture Notes
NABARD Mock Test 2019
The NABARD Practice Set offered by Oliveboard is not just limited to Phase 1 & Phase 2 Mocks but also include study materials for Agriculture & Rural Development (ARD), Economic & Social Issues (ESI), Video Lessons, GK Supplement and a lot more. Let’s have a look at it in detail:
- ARD Study Material & Notes
- ESI Study Material & Notes
- 10 NABARD Grade A/B Phase 1 Mocks
- 10 NABARD Grade A/B Phase 2 Mocks
- Video Crash course – 200+ Videos (Covers English, Reasoning and Quant)
- Lessons on All Topics (Covers English, Reasoning and Quant)
- 99 Topic Tests
- 60 Sectional Tests for Banking & Insurance
- GK Supplement with 2500 questions.
Register for a NABARD Grade A Mock Test by Oliveboard using the link given below.
You can visit Oliveboard’s Discuss Forum to interact with fellow aspirants of Railways exams and learn from your peers.