To help you prepare better for the economics & social issues and Agriculture & rural development subjects of Phase 1 of the NABARD Grade-A Exam, we have compiled the NABARD Previous Years Questions for ESI and ARD in this blog. Both the sections of economics & social issues and agriculture & rural development carry a weightage of 40 marks each in the phase 1 Exam (you can refer to the NABARD Grade-A Exam Pattern below). Therefore, it becomes extremely important to understand the types of questions being asked in the previous years so that one can prepare for the exam keeping in the mind the relevance and importance of the topics being regularly asked. In this blog of NABARD previous years questions, find the ESI and ARD questions that were asked in Phase 1 or Prelims of the NABARD Grade-A 2018 exam.
NABARD Previous Years Questions
Let us first have a glance at the NABARD Grade A phase-1 exam pattern to better understand what all needs to be studied for the phase-1 exam.
NABARD Grade-A Exam Pattern – Phase I (Prelims)
It is an objective online exam comprising seven sections. The total marks for this phase of the examination are 200. There is a sectional cut off as well as an overall cut off in this phase. This is a qualifying stage and marks obtained by the candidate are not counted in the subsequent phases.
NABARD Previous Years Questions (2018)
NABARD Previous Years Questions – Phase-1 ESI Questions 2018 Exam
1. What is the percentage of funds given to “Special Category States” under the Centrally Sponsored Scheme (CSS)? – 90%
2. What is the sustained increase in the general price level of goods & services called? – Inflation
3. What was the Headline CPI inflation for 2017-18? – 3.3%
4. RBI has deferred the implementation of Indian Accounting Standards by what time? – 1 Year
5. Gross Value Added (GVA) gives the picture of the state of economic activity from the point of view of producers.
6. Unemployment caused by the mismatch between the worker skills and skills demanded by the recruiters? – Structural Unemployment
7. In India, 65% of the population is under what age? – 35 years
8. Economic Growth can be seen as a % increase in? – Real GDP
9. As per the UN Reports, India is on the “brink of urban revolution”, the urban population in the nation is expected to be around what by 2031? – 600 million
10. As per Economic Survey 2018, what % of exports is accounted for by the 1% of firms? – 38%
11. GDP growth caused by the increase in the number of inputs available for use or quantitative increase in land, labour and capital is called? – Extensive Growth
12. As per ILO (2018), the number of jobless persons in India in 2019 would be? – 18.9 million
13. DAY-NRLM come under which ministry?
14. Which sector has been most vibrant in India in terms of contribution to national income, FDI as well as employment? – Services sector
15. Who has launched Grand Innovation Challenge? – NITI Aayog
16. Which of the following is not a Sustainable Development Goal?
17. Which of the following statements are correct regarding “Inflation Targetting”?
18. As per SECC, what % of the rural households are landless and earn their income from manual labour? – 30%
19. As per SECC, what % of the rural households have a family member who has completed education up to higher secondary? – 5.4%
20. Why is the colour of the Economic Survey 2018 pink? – To underline gender issues
21. Which is the nodal ministry for the implementation of MGNREGA? – Ministry of Rural Development
22. HDI is a composite index having 3 parameters: Life Expectancy, Per Capita Income and? – Education
23. In TRIPS, I stands for? – Trade-Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights.
24. Which of the following is a barrier to international trade?
25. Poverty relative to the economic status of the other members of the society? – Relative Poverty
26. Which of the following sector offers the largest employment but has a reducing share of contribution to the Economy? – Agriculture
27. As per the 2018 report by the Ministry of Shipping, what % of the trade by volume is done by maritime transport? – 95%
28. What is Nominal (GDP/ Real GDP) *100 called? – GDP Deflator
29. What is the allocation for the Agricultural Marketing Infrastructure Fund (AMIF)? – 2000 Crore
30. What does MGNREGA guarantee? – Work for 100 days of the Year
31. CCEA has approved the continuation of PMEGP beyond the 12th year with an outlay of? – 5500 Crore
32. Right to Life and personal liberty is enshrined in? – Article 21
33. What is the amount in the agreement signed by the GOI, Govt. of Maharashtra, Govt. of West Bengal to promote climate-resilient agricultural practices? – $420 million
34. Which is the second stage in the Demographic Theory of Transition? – Rapid decrease in the death rate & the Birth rate remaining high
35. Which ministry presides over TRIFED? – Ministry of Tribal Affairs
36. What depicts the inverse proportionality between Inflation & Unemployment? – Philips Curve
37. Which committee recommended the adoption of CPI (combined) as an indicator of inflation targeting? – Urjit Patel Committee
38. As per Economic Survey 2018, what is the decline in the % of working women in 2015-16? – 24%
39. What is the experience of everyday life leading to the standardization of cultural expressions around the world? – Cultural Globalisation
40. As per Economic Survey 2018, formality in an economy defined by social security is 31%, while what is the formality defined using GST data? – 53%
NABARD Previous Years Questions – Phase 1 ARD Questions 2018 Exam
1. Under PMFBY, what is the premium for horticultural crops? – 5%
2. When was E-NAM launched? – 2016
3. SGSY was re-christened into the NRLM in which year? – 2011
4. When was the Sub-mission on Agro-Forestry launched? – 2016
5. Under DAY-NRLM, the interest rate for lending for women SHG considering interest subvention? – 7%
6. What % of the population should belong to the minority community is a district to be called Minority community district? – 25%
7. What was the rate of growth of the Indian Economy in 2017-18? – 6.5%
8. Under PMFBY, what is the premium for Rabi Crops? – 1.5%
9. What is the cultural command area for major irrigation projects? – More than 10,000 hectares
10. When was the soil health card scheme card launched? – 2015
11. When was the National Minorities Development and Finance Corporation set up? – 1994
12. As per the Economic Survey 2018, what is the increase in % of mechanical & electrical sources of power? – 90%
13. How many districts in India have been classified as Minority Concentration Districts?
14. What is the depth of standing water in puddling operations?
15. Which of the following crop has maximum water requirement? Sugarcane
16. Which element is a basic component of proteins, chlorophyll and also aids plant growth and feeds micro-organisms? – Nitrogen
17. Which vegetable has the sensitive stage from bulb formation to maturity? – Onion
18. Which of the following is a Milch Cattle? – Sindhi
19. What is the field capacity of a double-action disc harrow?
20. Which branch of agriculture deals with ornamental plants? – Horticulture
21. Which of the following is a major nutrient? – Phosphorus
22. Which of the following is found maximum concentration in cattle manure? – Nitrogen
23. Which h of the following soil factor affects the water relations of plant? – Soil Fertility
24. Which of the following soils has the highest available water capacity? – Clay-Loam
25. Which of the following breed is classified as “Layer”? – Babcock300
26. Which of the animal’s milk has maximum SNF?
27. What is the rearing period of paddy cum fish culture? – 4 months
28. Which of the following is not cereal-based on economic use? – Red gram
29. Which of the following states use the Dug-out canoes for fishing?
30. What is the floor space requirement for a cow in a square metre?
31. What is the annual rainfall for arid regions? – Less than 500 mm
32. Which soil is found extensively in India? – Alluvial Soil
33. What is the saving in sprinkler Irrigation as compared to surface Irrigation?
34. Which of the following crop is the most salt-tolerant?
35. What is the season for banana in garden land?
36. What is the depth of a V-shaped furrow?
37. Hirakud Dam is located in which state? – Odisha
This was all in this blog of NABARD Previous Years Questions (2018). We hope that you would benefit from the content given in the blog of NABARD Previous Years Questions.
Keep visiting Oliveboard for more such content.
You can download the Oliveboard App and get daily GK Quiz, Free Podcasts, etc. To prepare with thousands of fellow aspirants visit Oliveboard’s discuss forum. All the Best for your Exam preparation, Keep Learning with Oliveboard.
NABARD Grade A Online Course 2021
» Oliveboard offers the best NABARD Grade A Online Coaching for you all which will help you crack the exam with ease in your first attempt.
» Oliveboard’s NABARD Grade A Online Course 2021 will be your one-stop destination for all your preparation needs.
Why Join Oliveboard?
» Structured preparation @ one place.
» Strengthen your concepts using Videos & Notes.
» Have a grip on topics through Topic Tests.
» Improve speed and accuracy through Full-length Mock Tests.
As they say, start early and stay ahead!