The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) recently released the recruitment notification for the position of Enforcement Officer / Accounts Officers in the EPFO department under the Ministry of Labour and Employment. This is one of the most sought position by the aspirants as it is a monotonous position and is often released, therefore attracting a large mass of aspirants. But before start preparing for the exam, it becomes very important to know about the Syllabus. In this blog, we will be covering the detailed description of the topics and their sub-topics present in the UPSC EPFO Enforcement officer syllabus. Let’s start the blog to know further details.
Table of Contents
- UPSC EPFO Syllabus – Exam Scheme
- UPSC EPFO Syllabus For Written Test
- For General English:
- Indian Freedom Struggle:
- Current Events & Developmental Issues
- UPSC EPFO Syllabus – Indian Polity & Economy
- UPSC EPFO Syllabus – General Accounting principles
- UPSC EPFO Syllabus – Industrial Relations & Labour Laws
- UPSC EPFO Syllabus – General Science & Knowledge of Computer Applications
- UPSC EPFO Syllabus – General Mental Ability & Quantitative Aptitude
UPSC EPFO Syllabus – Exam Scheme
A pen & paper-based Recruitment Test (RT) to short-list the candidates for Interview for recruitment to the posts of Enforcement Officers/Accounts Officers shall be conducted by the Commission on 05.09.2021.
Exam Pattern – Details
1. The test will be of two hours duration.
2. All questions will carry equal marks.
3. The test will be objective type questions with multiple choices of answers.
4. The medium of the test will be both Hindi and English.
5. There will be penalty for wrong answers. Every wrong answer will carry a deduction of one-third of the marks assigned to that question. If no answer is marked for a question, there will be no penalty for that question.
Recruitment Test (RT) and Interview carry weightage in the ratio of 75:25 for the candidates shortlisted based on Recruitment Test (RT) and qualify in the interview.
UPSC EPFO Syllabus For Written Test
UPSC EPFO syllabus for the written test broadly comprises the following topics –
- General English- To evaluate a candidate’s understanding of English language & workmanlike use of words
- Indian Freedom Struggle
- Current Events and Developmental Issues
- Indian Polity & Economy
- General Accounting principles
- Industrial Relations & Labour Laws
- General Science & knowledge of Computer applications
- General Mental Ability & Quantitative Aptitude
- Social Security in India
Now we will further look into these broad topics to get a better understanding of the sub-topics to be covered under these.
For General English:
Cloze Test, Error Spotting, Fill in the Blanks, Para Jumbles, Phrases/ Idioms, Phrase replacement, Reading comprehension, Sentence completion/ para completion, Spellings, Synonyms/Antonyms.
Indian Freedom Struggle:
UPSC EPFO Syllabus for British extension:
The Carnatic Wars, invasion of Bengal. Mysore and its confrontation with British expansion: The three Anglo-Maratha Wars. Regulating and Pitt’s India Acts. Early composition of the British raj.
Confrontation to British rule:
Early uprisings; The 1857 Revolt-reasons, character, course and result, Indian Freedom struggle the first stage: Growth of national consciousness; creation of Associations; Establishment of the Indian National Congress and its Moderate stage; Swadeshi Movement; Economic Nationalism; The development of Extremism and the split in Congress; The policy of Divide and Rule; Congress-League Pact of 1916.
Gandhian thoughts and techniques of mass mobilization:
Civil Disobedience, the Khilafat movement, Non-Cooperation Movement, and Quit India Movement; another strand in the National Movement-Revolutionaries, Subhash Chandra Bose, and the Indian National Army.
Current Events & Developmental Issues
Current events basically refers to as the daily current affairs that are important from exam point of view. Developmental Issues confine to the schemes and laws made public by the government to maintain the decorum and for the ease of run of the constitution. developmental issues also covers the yojana’s revealed by the government for the betterment of the public.
DOWNLOAD THE OLIVEBOARD APP FOR ON-THE-GO EXAM PREPARATION
- Video Lessons, Textual Lessons & Notes
- Topic Tests covering all topics with detailed solutions
- Sectional Tests for QA, DI, EL, LR
- All India Mock Tests for performance analysis and all India percentile
- General Knowledge (GK) Tests
Free videos, free mock tests and free GK tests to evaluate course content before signing up!
UPSC EPFO Syllabus – Indian Polity & Economy
UPSC EPFO Enforcement Officer Syllabus For Indian Polity:
Indian Constitution, historical underpinnings, evolution, features, amendments, Functions and responsibilities of the Union and the States, Parliament and State Legislatures – structure, functioning, conduct of business, powers & privileges and issues arising out of these, Welfare schemes for vulnerable sections of the population by the Centre and States and the performance of these schemes, Important aspects of governance, transparency and accountability, e-governance- applications, models, successes, limitations, and potential; citizens charters, transparency & accountability and institutional and other measures. Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues
UPSC EPFO Syllabus For Economy:
Economic growth and development – basic concept and definition of economy and economics, use and transfer of resources, distributive effects, macro and microeconomic policy, micro-macro balance, distributive impact of economic policies, Inclusion – definition, relevance, types, financial inclusion, recent initiatives. Fiscal policy – definition, component, receipts, revenue and capital account, tax revenue, expenditure, budget.
UPSC EPFO Syllabus – General Accounting principles
Principles of Accounting, Analyzing & Recording Transactions, Adjustments & Financial Statements, Completion of the accounting cycles, Subsidiary Ledgers and Special Journals.
UPSC EPFO Syllabus – Industrial Relations & Labour Laws
Enforcement Officer Syllabus for Labour Laws –
- Areas implemented
- sectors applicable
UPSC EPFO Syllabus – Industrial Relations –
- Industrial relations code (IRC) Bill
- Model of labour reforms.
UPSC EPFO Syllabus – General Science & Knowledge of Computer Applications
UPSC Enforcement Officer Syllabus for General Science:
- Life Science
UPSC EPFO Syllabus for Computer Applications –
- Computer organisations
- Operating Systems
- Database management
- Data structures
- Data communications
- Computer networks
UPSC EPFO Syllabus – General Mental Ability & Quantitative Aptitude
UPSC EPFO Enforcement Officer Syllabus for Quantitative Aptitude:
- Number Systems
- Profit & Loss
- SI & CI
UPSC EPFO Syllabus for General Mental Ability:
- Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables)
- Data sufficiency
- Puzzles & More
All this at Class X level.
UPSC EPFO Syllabus – Social Security In India:
What is Social Security?, History of Social security, Social Security in India, Social Security: Constitutional Provisions
Concurrent List, Part IV Directive Principles of State Policy, Difference between Organized and Unorganized Sectors
SOCIAL SECURITY LAWS in India, Employees’ State Insurance Act, 1948 (ESI Act), Employees’ Provident Funds Act, 1952, Workmen’s Compensation Act, 1923 (WC Act), Maternity Benefit Act, 1961 (M.B. Act), Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972 (P.G. Act), Social Security In India: Different From Developed Nations, Provident Fund.
NOTE: “Although the notifications does not specify a list of sub-topics, the ones mentioned here are based on syllabus of other UPSC Exams.”
That is all from us in this blog. We have covered the relevant UPSC EPFO Syllabus, to help you cast your preparations in a particular direction. We hope that this blog helps you answer your queries regarding the UPSC EPFO Exam syllabus. keep checking the space for more updates and fresh content.
- 100+ Free Mock Tests
- Oliveboard Mobile App
- Oliveboard’s discuss forum
- Oliveboard Telegram Group – Join our telegram channel for receiving daily updates about class and relevant study materials for all the banking/ government/ insurance exam.
The selection process for UPSC EPFO comprises of the following stages:
1. Recruitment Test/Written Test
The EPFO Recruitment test is bilingual, i.e. English and Hindi.
Yes, the UPSC EPFO Recruitment Test comprises of a negative marking 1/3 mark for every wrong answer.
The total number of marks in the written test is 100.
Recommended Free Downloads
- Bird Sanctuaries in India | Complete State-wise list
- JK Exam Resources | Study Material
- Previous Year Question Papers – For RBI Grade B, NABARD Grade A & SEBI Grade A Exams
- Hindu Vocabulary PDF Download – Daily Vocabulary 2022
- Free PDF: Quantitative Aptitude Formulas PDF- Geometry, Simplification, and Trigonometry
- 75 Important Order & Ranking Questions For Bank Exams 2022 – Download PDF
- Weekly Current Affairs 2022 PDF| Banking, SSC, Railways, RBI
- 100+ Important Blood Relation Questions PDF For Practice | Download Here
- List of Diseases Caused by Microorganisms Free E-Book | For SSC & Railway Exam