‘Ministry of Women & Child Development’ receives the ‘SKOCH Award’.
• SKOCH has conferred the ‘Best performing Social Sector Ministry’ award on the Ministry of Women and Child Development in New Delhi.
• ‘Ministry’s flagship schemes like ‘Beti Bachao Beti Padhao (BBBP), 6 months maternity leave, Sexual Harassment at Work Place Act, SHe-box, One-stop centers, Universal Women helpline (181), 33 percent reservation in police’ were lauded at the event.
• Minister of WCD reiterated at the event that foundation of ‘Sakhi Suraksha Advanced DNA Forensic Laboratory’ was laid in Chandigarh and added that 5 more advanced forensic labs would come up in Guwahati, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Pune, and Bhopal.
Did you Know
• SKOTCH Group is a think tank dealing with socio-economic issues with a focus on inclusive growth since 1997.
• SKOTCH Group has instituted India’s highest independent civilian honors in the field of governance, finance, technology, economics and social sector.
• Samir Kochhar is the chairman of SKOTCH group.
• Maneka Gandhi is the current Minister of Women and Child Development.