Established in 1956, LIC is currently the largest Insurance Company in India. It is an Indian state-owned Insurance Group and Investment Company. It has 8 Zonal Offices, 133 Divisional Offices and 2048 Branch Offices with thousands of workers all across the country. It is headquartered in Mumbai. LIC recruits assistants almost every year to fill up the vacant or the newly created positions in the Assistant cadre.
LIC Assistant Mock Test
The online course for LIC Assistant features:
- Video Tutorials & Study Material to help you master the basic concepts
- 10 Mock Tests for Prelims, 5 for mains for LIC Assistant in the latest pattern with detailed solutions
- GK Supplement & Online Tests on All Topics with Detailed Solutions
LIC Assistant Notification
Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) releases the notification for the recruitment of Assistants every year around September or October. The LIC Assistant notification was released in September 2019 and exams were conducted on 30th and 31st October. Usually, LIC outposts a large number of vacancies in this cadre and hence this is a very desiring exam for the candidates. Last year more than 7500 vacancies were announced in different regions.
LIC Assistant Important Dates
|Online Registrations Begins||To Be Out Soon|
|Online Registrations Ends||To Be Out Soon|
|Prelims||To Be Out Soon|
|Main||To Be Out Soon|
LIC Assistant Eligibility Criteria
- Minimum: 18 years
- Maximum: 30 years
- Bachelor’s Degree from recognized university/institution in 10+2+3 Format
LIC Assistant Exam Pattern
LIC Assistant Prelims Exam
|Section||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 Minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||20 Minutes|
|English/Hindi Language||30||30||20 Minutes|
Note- English and Hindi section paper will be just for qualifying nature the marks obtained would not be considered for ranking or final selection.
LIC Assistant Mains Exam
|Section||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|General/Financial Awareness||40||40||30 minutes|
|General English||40||40||30 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||40||40||30 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||40||40||30 minutes|
|Hindi Language||40||40||30 Minutes|
|Total||200||200||2 Hours 30 Minutes|
*1/4 Negative Marking
*(For North, West, Central, East Central, North Central Divisions)
LIC Assistant Syllabus
LIC Assistant Prelims Syllabus
Syllogisms, Seating Arrangement, Inequalities, Machine Input-Output, Comparison, Data Sufficiency, Blood Relation, Puzzles – Box based, Floor, Calendar, Day/Months based, etc., Scheduling, Directions and Distances, Ordering and Ranking, Coding and Decoding, Coded Inequalities, Statement and Conclusion/Course of Action, Miscellaneous.
Reading Comprehension, Cloze Test, Error Spotting, Sentence Improvement, Fillers, Para Jumbles, Odd One Out, Correct Usage, Paragraph Completion, Vocabulary based questions,Synonyms/ Antonyms, Idioms and Phrases, One Word Substitution, Word/Phrase Replacement.
Data Interpretation (Charts and Graphs: Line Graph, Bar Graph, Pie Chart; Tabular; Caselet; Mixed DI),Simplification/Approximation, Mensuration, Mixture and Allegations, Quadratic Equation, Number Series, Miscellaneous Questions (Time, Average, Percentage, Ratio Proportion, Age, Probability, Simple and Compound Interest, Permutation and Combination, Profit and Loss), etc.
Current Affairs, National and International Matters, Currency and Capital, Awards and Honors, General History, Geography, Biology and Applied Science, etc
LIC Assistant Mains Syllabus
Average, Data interpretation, Data Sufficiency, L.C.M. and H.C.F., Mathematical Inequality,Mixture and alligation problems, Number Series/Number System, Percentage, Profit and loss problems, Problems on Age, Ratio and Proportion, Simple and compound interest, Simplification and Approximation, Trains, Boat and, Stream, and other Arithmetic problems,Time and work problems, Time, Speed and Distance
Error Spotting, Cloze Test, Fillers – Single, Double, Grammar (verb, prepositions, adverbs,articles, tenses etc.),, Misspelt Words, Find the odd one out, One, Word Substitution,Parajumbles, Reading Comprehension, Sentence Completion, Sentence Improvement, Rearrangement of Sentences Synonyms/Antonyms
Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude
Alpha-numeric/Alphabetical Series, Analogy, Analytical Reasoning, Blood Relations, Coding Decoding, Data Sufficiency, Direction Sense, Inequality , Input-Output, Odd one out, Puzzles & Seating, Arrangement, Ranking, Syllogism, Statement and Conclusion, Statement-Course of Action
General Awareness & Financial Awareness
Major Financial / Economic News, Budget and Five-Year Plans, Sports, Books and Authors, Awards and Honors, Abbreviations, Important Days, International and National Organizations are some related topics, India and its Neighboring Countries pertaining to History,Culture, Geography, Economics, General Polity, Scientific Research, Science Inventions and Discoveries, Insurance etc., Current Affairs, Static GK
विपरीतार्थक शब्द, पर्यायवाची शब्द, मुहावरे तथा लोकोक्तियां, गुढार्थी (क्लोज टाइप) प्रकार का गद्यांश, वाक्यक्रम व्यवस्थापन, वाक्यों में त्रुटियाँ, वाक्यों में रिक्त-स्थानों की पूर्ति, वर्तनी अशुद्धियाँ, वाक्यांश के लिए एक शब्द, अपठित गद्यांश
LIC Assistant Application Process
Prerequisites for Applying Online
Before applying online, candidates should,
- Scan their photograph and signature ensuring that both the photograph and signature adhere to the required specifications as given under “Guidelines for photograph & signature scan and upload”.
- Have a valid personal email ID and mobile no., which should be kept active till the completion of this Recruitment Process. Bank shall send call letters for the Examination etc. through the registered e-mail ID. In case a candidate does not have a valid personal e-mail ID, he/she should create his/her new e-mail ID and mobile no. before applying on-line and must maintain that email account and mobile number.
- Be prepared for biometric verification of identity at the Exam Centre at the time of Main Examination and onwards.
Application Fees/ Intimation Charges
- SC/ST/PWD Candidates – ₹85 + GST + Transaction Charges
- All Other Categories – ₹510 + GST + Transaction Charges
Steps to Apply for LIC Assistant Exam Online
- Use the link "Apply Online" link to land on the Registration page
- Click on the link given at the top right corner that reads "Click here for New Registrations".
- You will be redirected to a new page. Read the instructions carefully and click on "continue".
- You will see 6 tabs in-front of you. The tabs will be Basic Info, Photo & Signature, Details, Preview, Uploads & Payment.
Tab 1 - Basic Info - Fill in your Basic Information: Name, Mobile No., Email Id etc. Enter the security code and then press "Save & Next"
Tab 2: Photo & Signature
- Upload a scanned copy of your Passport size photo & Signature. Keep the requirements in your mind. The file size of Photo and Signature should be within the permissible limits as required there.
- Photo Dimensions 200 x 230 pixels (preferred} & Size of file should be between 20 kb- 50 kb.
- Signature Image should be in .jpg format. Dimensions 140 x 60 pixels (preferred), Size of file should be between 10 kb - 20 kb and in black ink. Size of the scanned image should not be more than 20 kb
Tab 3. Details - Fill in your other details as asked there, Educational Qualifications etc. Fill these with utmost caution. Check it before you "Save & Submit" it.
Tab 4. Preview - This is the best way to cross-check the complete registration form once it is filled completely. Very carefully check each and every detail that you have put up there.
Tab 5. Uploads
- It will ask you to write a declaration note in your own handwriting and upload the scanned copy for the same. Write in legible handwriting and upload the image with the permissible limits of file size.
Left thumb impression
- The applicant has to put his left thumb impression on a white paper with black or blue
- File type: jpg / jpeg
- Dimensions: 240 x 240 pixels in 200 DPI (Preferred for required quality} e. 3 cm * 3 cm (Width * Height}
- File Size: 20 KB - 50 KB
- Hand-written declaration
- Text for Handwritten declaration -
- " I, (Name of the candidate), hereby declare that all the information submitted by me in the application form is correct, true and valid. I will present the supporting documents as and when required."
- Handwritten declaration should not be written in Capital Letters.
- The applicant has to write the declaration in English clearly on a white paper with black or blue
- The handwritten declaration should be of the applicant and not by any other person.
- Handwritten Declaration o File type: jpg/jpeg
- Dimensions: 800 x 400 pixels in 200 DPI (Preferred for required quality) e. 10 cm * 5 cm (Width * Height)
- File Size: 50 KB - 100 KB
Tab 6. Payment Option
- The payment can be made by using Debit Cards (RuPay/Visa/MasterCard/Maestro), Credit Cards, Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards/ Mobile.
- After submitting your payment information in the online application form, Please wait for the intimation from the do not press back or refresh button in order to avoid double charge.
To Be Out Soon