The Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) conduct the Common Admission Test ( popularly known as CAT ) for admissions to their reputed MBA programme, every year. CAT 2018, is being conducted by IIM Calcutta.
The CAT is one of the most competitive and challenging examinations in the country. The CAT score is not only accepted by the IIMs but also by other top management institutions in the country. Other top Indian B-schools accepting CAT are IITs, FMS, S P Jain, MDI, and NITIE. All those who aspire to build a rewarding corporate career must appear for the CAT.
CAT 2018: Important Dates
|Online Registrations ( Commencement )||4th August 2018|
|Online Registrations ( End )||20th September 2018|
|Date of Examination||25th November 2018|
CAT 2018: Eligibility Criteria
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum 50% marks from recognized University/ Institution.
- Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons with Disability (PWD) categories must have at least 45% marks.
CAT 2018: Selection Procedure
The CAT selection procedure consists of the following stages:
I) CAT Online Test
II) WAT (Writing Ability Test) / Group Discussion by respective institutes
III) PI (Personal Interview) by respective institutes
CAT 2018 : Application Process
To register yourself for CAT 2018 follow the steps mentioned below:-
- Log on to the official CAT website: iimcat.ac.in and create your user profile.
- Once the registration is successful, your unique CAT 2018 user ID and password will be sent to the registered mobile number.
- Using this ID, you can fill the CAT application form. You can pay using Net Banking/ Credit Card/ Debit Card.
- You are also required to upload your photograph, signature and other necessary documents as per the given specifications.
CAT 2018: Exam Pattern
|Sections||No. of Non- MCQ Questions||No. of MCQ Questions||Total Questions in each Section||Total Time Allotted|
|Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension (VARC)||10||24||34||60|
|Quantitative Ability (QA)||7||27||34||60|
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR)||8||24||32||60|
The exam has the following features:
- Sectional time limits ( each section 60 minutes )
- Total exam duration : 180 minutes
- Question types : Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) & Type In The Answer Type (TITA)
- Penalty : MCQ – 33%, TITA – 0%, Un-attempted – 0%
- No provision of switching between sections
- Online calculator will be available
CAT 2018 Syllabus
Number Systems, HCF/LCM, Averages, Percentages, Profit & Loss, Simple/Compound Interest, Equations, Inequalities, Complex numbers, Functions, Probability, Permutation & Combination, Mensuration, Geometry, Co-ordinate Geometry, Trigonometry, Mixtures, Set Theory, Speed & Distance, Work & Time, Progressions, Surds & Indices, Logarithms, Ratio & Proportion
Data Tables, Pie Charts, Line Graphs, Other Chart Types, Data Sufficiency, Bar Graphs
Reading Comprehension, Para-jumbles, Fill in the Blanks, Vocabulary Based, English Grammar, Sentence Correction, Analogies, Meaning-Usage Match, Verbal / Critical Reasoning, Facts / Inference /Judgement
Cubes & Dice, Blood Relations, Number & Letter Series, Seating Arrangement, Venn Diagrams, Clocks & Calendars, Analytical Reasoning, Syllogism
Hope this helps.
Oliveboard Live Courses & Mock Test Series
- Prepare for RBI Assistant 2019 Exam with Mock Tests & Live Classes Here
- SSC CGL Brahamstra – Join Practice-based Online Tuition for SSC CGL 2019-20 Exam
- Attempt a Free IBPS Clerk Mains Mock Test here
- SSC CHSL 2019 – Attempt Free Mock Tests now
- Prepare for Railway RRB NTPC Exam – Take a Free Mock Test