FCI (Food Corporation of India) has released notification inviting applications for the zone-wise FCI Manager Recruitment 2019. A total of 330 vacancies for the post of Manager (General/ Depot/ Movement/ Accounts/ Technical/ Civil Engineering/ Electrical /Mechanical Engineering) across 5 zones (North, South, East, West and North-East). This is a golden chance for all the aspirants who want to work as an officer in a reputed organization like FCI. To start your preparation for the exam, it is very important that you first become sound of the FCI Manager Syllabus 2019. Read below, to know the whole syllabus in detail.
FCI Manager Syllabus 2019
The FCI Manager Exam will comprise of Phase I and Phase II exam.
The online test of Phase-I shall be common irrespective of the post.
FCI Manager Syllabus 2019 – Phase I
|Arrangement and Pattern||Direction and Distance|
|Coding and Decoding||Input-Output|
|Blood Relations||Order Ranking|
|Alphanumeric Series||Logical Reasoning|
|Data Interpretation||Ratio & Proportion|
|Quadratic Equations||Profit & Loss|
|Data Sufficiency||Averages, Mixtures & Alligation|
|Problems on Ages||Simple Interest & Compound Interest|
|Partnerships||Work & Time|
|Mensuration||Time, Speed & Distance|
|Permutation & Combination||Probability|
|Reading Comprehension||Sentence Improvement|
|Cloze Test||Phrase Replacement|
|Error Spotting||Antonyms Synonyms|
|Para Jumbles||Idioms and Phrases|
|Fillers – Single, Double||One-Word Substitution|
|Idioms and Phrases||Verbal Ability|
FCI Manager Syllabus 2019 – Phase II
The Phase II online test will comprise of two exam papers Paper-I and Paper-II.
Phase I Syllabus – Paper I
General Aptitude consisting of Reasoning, Data Analysis, Computer Awareness, General Awareness, Management and Current Affairs.
General and Financial Awareness Syllabus:
- Banking and Financial Awareness.
- Static General Knowledge.
- Current Affairs.
- Banking and Financial Terms.
- Government Schemes.
- Function and role of RBI, SEBI, etc.
- Types of Inflation.
- Types of Banks.
- NBFC concept.
- Policies related to monetary and credit.
Computer Awareness Syllabus:
|Introduction to Computers||MS Office applications|
|Basics of Computer hardware||Internet and E-mail|
|Operating System||Keyboard Shortcuts|
|Computer Abbreviations||Computer Network-Types and Topology|
|Computer Languages||Generation of Computers|
FCI Manager Syllabus 2019: Phase II (Paper-II)
The syllabus for specified technical posts for Paper-II to assess the post-specific technical knowledge of relevant stream is as under:
I. Manager (Accounts):
1. Basic Accounting concept including preparation of books of accounts and Accounting Standards.
2. Financial Management: (a) Analysis of Financial statement (b) Budgeting & Budgetary control (c) Working Capital management (d) Capital Budgeting & Ratio Analysis.
3. Taxation: (a) Income Tax including filing of return, TDS, Advance Tax etc. (b) Goods & Services Tax.
4. Auditing: (a) Auditing Concepts and Methods (b) Internal & External Audit of Companies.
5. Commercial Laws: (a) Contract Act (b) Companies Act (c) Sales of Goods Act (d) Negotiable Instrument Act (e) Consumer Protection Act (f) RTI Act.
6. Basic of Computers: (a) Operating System (b) Browsers (c) Email (d) Memory (Internal, External, portable) (e) Chats (f) Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) (g) Networks.
II. Manager (Technical) :
1. Agricultural- Statistics of Indian Agriculture (Cereals & Pulses), Food & Agriculture Microbiology, Nutrition (Animal & Plant), Postharvest care of Cereals & Pulses, Foodgrain Protection, Agriculture Extension.
2. Biotechnology- Microbes: Beneficial & Harmful, Genetic Engineering, Biotechnological Principles, Economic Biotechnology, Pathogens & Control, Recent trends.
3. Entomology- Basic Entomology, Economic Entomology, Beneficial and harmful insects, integrated Post Management (IPM), Storage Grain Insect pest, Vertebrate Pests.
4. Chemistry- Physical Chemistry: Structure of Atoms, Chemical Bonding, Radioactivity; Inorganic Chemistry, Periodic Table, Basics Metals & Non-metals, Organic Chemistry, Basics of alkanes, alkenes, alkynes, alcohols, aldehydes and acids, Biochemistry (Carbohydrates, Proteins & Fats).
5. PFA Act, 1964, Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006/Food Safety and Standards Regulations 2011, Right to Information Act, 2005.
III. Manager (Civil Engineering):
1. Engineering Materials & Construction Technology: Selection of site for the construction, Planning and orientation of buildings, Ventilation and air conditioning, acoustics. Building and highway materials, Stones, Brick’s timber, Lime, Cement Mortar, Plain and reinforced Cement Concrete, Bitumen, Asphalt.
2. Building Materials: Stone, Lime, Glass, Plastics, Steel, FRP, Ceramics, Aluminum, Fly Ash, Basic Admixtures, Timber, Bricks, and Aggregates Classification, properties and selection criteria, Cement, etc.
3. Construction Practice, Planning and Management: Construction Planning, Equipment, site investigation, Tendering Process and Contract Management, Quality Control, Productivity, Operation Cost; Land acquisition, Labor safety, and welfare.
Surveying, Leveling, temporary and permanent adjustments of levels and Theodolite, Use of theodolite, tachometry. Trigonometrically and Triangulation survey. Contours and contouring, Computations of areas and volumes.
5. Soil/Geotechnical Engineering
Classification of soil, Field identification tests, water content, specific gravity, voids ratio, porosity, Soil permeability and its determination in the laboratory and field, Darcy’s law, Flow nets its Characteristics. Local and general shear failures, design Criteria for shallow foundation, Plate load test, Stability of simple slopes.
6. Highway and bridges: Classification of road land width, Flexible pavements, WBM courses, sub-base, sand bitumen base curse, crushed cement concrete base / sub-base course. Prime and tack coats, surface dressing, Asphaltic concrete, seal coats, etc.
7. Structural Analysis: Strength of materials, Bending moments and shear force, Analysis of determinate and indeterminate structure, Suspended Cables, Concepts and use of Computer-Aided Design.
8. Design of steel structures: Principles of working stress methods, Design of tension and compression members, Design of beams and beam-column connections, built-up sections, Girders, Industrial roofs, Principles of Ultimate
9. Design of Concrete and Masonry Structures: Limit state design for bending, shear, axial compression and combined forces; Design of beams, Slabs, Lintels, Foundations, Retaining walls, Tanks, Staircases.
10. Estimating, Costing and Valuation: estimate, analysis of rates, earthwork, Brick, RCC work shuttering, Painting, Flooring, Plastering flexible pavements, Tube well, isolates and combined footings, Steel Truss, Piles, etc. Valuation- Value and cost, scrap value, salvage value, assessed value, sinking fund, depreciation and obsolescence, methods of valuation.
IV. Manager (Electrical Mechanical Engineering): Thermodynamics, Heat Transfer, Refrigeration and Air-conditioning, Theory of Machines, Machine Design, Strength of Materials, Engineering Materials, Production Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Production Planning and Control Material handling, Electrical Circuits, Network theorems, EM Theory, Electrostatics, Material Science (Electric Materials), Electrical Measurements, Elements of Computation Power Apparatus and Systems (Power System: Power generation; Thermal, Hydro, Nuclear & Solar power production and Transmissions), Electromechanics, Control Systems, Electronics and Communications, Estimation and costing, Use of computers.
Pattern of Paper – III and Paper – IV shall be as follows:
Paper-III: Multiple Choice Questions on General Hindi, General English, General Awareness, General Intelligence, Computer Awareness, Management and Current Affairs for candidates applying for the Post Code H Manager (Hindi).
Paper-IV (Subjective Test):
i. 01 Passage for translation from Hindi to English (30 Marks)
ii. 01 Passage for translation from English to Hindi (30 Marks)
iii. 01 essay in Hindi (30 Marks)
iv. 01 Precis Writing in English (30 Marks).
For appearing in Paper-IV Manager (Hindi) candidate should be able to use the following keyboard layouts:
2. Remington (GAIL)
Note: Marks obtained in Phase-I online exam will not be reckoned for final.
This was all from us in FCI Manager Syllabus 2019. Hope this input will clear all your questions regarding the syllabus. For more such updates stay tune with Oliveboard.
- 100+ Free Mock Tests
- Oliveboard Mobile App – Study materials, Podcasts, Wordlists
- Oliveboard’s discuss forum – Share, Discuss and Learn with fellow aspirants
- Oliveboard Telegram Group – Clear your doubts and Interact directly with our Expert Faculty.
- All New SBI PO 2021 Selection Batch: Join Now
- IB ACIO Tier 2 – Descriptive English Crash Course – Join Now
- यहाँ पर नि: शुल्क उत्तर प्रदेश पुलिस एसआई मॉक टेस्ट के लिए रजिस्टर करें
- Join SBI Clerk Selection Batch: Live Classes, Practice Sessions & Mock Tests
- Mission SSC CGL 2020-21 Crash Course + Test Series: Join Now
- JK Bank Mains – Crash Course + Mock Tests – Join Now