IBPS RRB Office Assistant Salary: IBPS RRB Office Assistant Examination is held annually with lakhs of students competing for the post. In the end, only a handful of these students qualify for the post. If you are waiting for the IBPS RRB Office Assistant (Clerk) Notification 2021 and are keen to know about the IBPS RRB Office Assistant Salary 2021, Pay Scale, In-hand Salary, Perks, Allowances, Work Profile & Career Growth, then continue reading and know it all here.
- IBPS RRB Office Assistant 2021: Overview
- IBPS RRB Office Assistant Salary 2021
- IBPS RRB Office Assistant In-hand Salary
- IBPS RRB Office Assistant Work Profile
- IBPS RRB Clerk Salary FAQs
Latest Update | IBPS RRB 2021
Prepare for IBPS RRB Clerk Mains Exam with Mock Test Series and Courses.
IBPS RRB Office Assistant 2021: Overview
Before we move to the salary related details of RRB Clerks, let’s have a look at the IBPS RRB clerk recruitment 2021 overview. The details are listed below –
|Name of exam||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection|
Regional Rural Banks (IBPS RRB)
|Recruitment for the|
|Office Assistant (Multipurpose)|
|IBPS RRB Exam stage||Preliminary and Mains|
|Mode of exam||Online|
|IBPS RRB Exam Duration||Prelims: 45 minutes|
Mains: 2 hours
Single level exam: 2 hours
|Apply online (Till 28th June 2021)||www.ibps.in|
IBPS RRB Office Assistant Salary 2021
Whenever applying for a post, the first thing that comes to our minds is the salary the post offers. In the subsequent sections we’ll have a look into the PayScale, allowances, perks, and the promotion opportunities of the RRB Clerks.
IBPS RRB Office Assistant Pay Scale
The salary structure for IBPS RRB office assistants is in the range of Rs. 7200-400/3-8400-500/3-9900-600/4-12300-700/7-17200-1300/1-18500-800/1-19300.
Now you must be thinking about what is above-mentioned numbers represent. Let us break down this complex pay scale into more simplified and understandable numbers.
|Basic Pay||Increment||For Years|
- Rs. 7200-400/3 – So the initial basic pay would be 7200 for the first three years and the increment after the end of each year would be 400
- Rs. 8400-500/3 – As the office attendant completes three years, the basic pay would increase to 8400 for the coming 3 years with the increment of Rs 500 after the end of each year.
- And similarly, the basic pay would go increasing with the simultaneous increase in the increment that is given at the end of each year.
Basic Pay – A standard rate of pay that an employee gets in return for his/her work before additional payments such as allowances and bonuses.
IBPS RRB Office Assistant In-hand Salary
IBPS RRB Office Assistant Salary is Rs 15,000 to Rs 20,000 (in-hand salary) including the Dearness Allowance (DA), City Compensatory Allowance (CCA), and House Rent Allowance (HRA).
IBPS RRB Office Assistant Work Profile
The nature of duties that an office assistant performs are mentioned below:
- Office Assistants are the first point of contact between the bank and the customers. Office assistants operate the counters at the bank and are responsible for answering the queries of the customers.
- Office assistants are in charge of handling documents involved with all transactions. The IBPS RRB office assistants will also handle cash transactions. Issuance of new debit cards is also the prerogative of these officers.
- Some IBPS RRB Office Assistants may also need to work in multiple departments concurrently, depending on the needs of the bank. Even though the job of the Office Assistant can be hectic, it offers a great amount of exposure to the candidates.
IBPS RRB Office Assistant Career Prospects
Office Assistants get opportunities to reach higher managerial posts in their careers, based on merit and experience. The eligible candidates are promoted on the basis of their performance. They are promoted to the post of Probationary Officer/Assistant Manager through internal exams after working for 3 years. Candidates can also appear for Associate Exams like JAIIB and CAIIB certification that provides a better opportunity to excel. Here is the promotional hierarchy of the IBPS RRB Office Assistants –
- Office Assistants
- Officer Scale 1 PO
- Assistant Manager
- Deputy Manager
- Branch Manager
- Senior Branch Manager
- Chief Manager
- Assistant General Manager
- Deputy General Manager
- General Manager
IBPS RRB Office Assistant Perks & Allowances
IBPS RRB Office Assistants Perks & Allowances
|Dearness Allowance (DA)||46.5% of the basic pay.|
|House Rent Allowance (HRA)||For Rural Areas: 5% of the basic pay|
For Semi-urban Areas: 7.5% of the basic pay
For Urban Areas: 10% of the basic pay
|Special Allowances|| |
7.75% of the basic pay.
|Travel Allowances||Rs. 425|
Given below are some of the perks of IBPS RRB Office Assistant Salary.
- Leased Accommodation
- Medical Reimbursement
- Pension Schemes
- Overtime Allowance
- Newspaper Allowance
IBPS RRB Clerk Salary FAQs
An IBPS RRB Office Assistant would be eligible to get Rs 15,000 to Rs 20,000 in-hand salary including the Dearness Allowance (DA), City Compensatory Allowance (CCA), and House Rent Allowance (HRA).
With the help of deputation and experience, Office Assistants can become officers a few years down the line.
There are various duties and responsibilities associated with Clerk in the Regional Rural Banks of India. To know more, refer to the article.
You can download 200+ ebooks important for SSC, Banking, Railway, Insurance, and other government exams here.
Oliveboard Bolt series E-books:
- Oliveboard Bolt – General Awareness
- Bolt – Monthly Current Affairs PDF
- Banking Bolt – Free E-book for Banking Awareness
- Economy Bolt – Free E-book for Economy
Free Static GK E-book – More Study Materials :
- Free GK Ebook – List of CMs, Governors, and CJIs (June– 2021)
- Important Summits and Conferences 2018 – Free Current Affairs Ebook
- Free Static GK Ebook – Indian Constitution –Parts, Fundamental Rights and Schedules
- Static GK Free Ebook – List of Bharat Ratna Award winners in pdf
- बैंकिंग साक्षात्कार: स्मरण रखने के लिए 10 बातें
- क्षेत्रीय ग्रामीण बैंकों के लिए IBPS RRB परीक्षा
- Video: Top Ten Bank Exam Myths Busted