NABARD Grade A 2021 notification in May 2021. This leaves aspirants with a substantial amount of time to prepare for the same if strategized and planned properly. To be able to clear an exam with such a vast syllabus & enormous competition, you would need a clearly tabulated list of preparation resources and topics. Here in this blog of NABARD Grade A preparation strategy, we have done exactly this for your ease of preparation. Read on to know all about it.
- NABARD Grade A Preparation Strategy 2021
- I. NABARD Grade-A Exam Pattern – Phase-1
- II. NABARD Grade-A Exam Pattern – Phase 2
- III. NABARD Grade A Preparation Strategy for Phase-1 & Phase-2
- » NABARD Grade-A Exam Myths Busted
- » NABARD Grade A Preparation Strategy – Phase-1
- » NABARD Grade A Preparation Strategy – Phase-2
- IV. How do you manage your time?
- NABARD Grade A Online Course 2021
NABARD Grade A Preparation Strategy 2021
Before we discuss the NABARD Grade A preparation strategy for Phase-1 & Phase-2, let us have a thorough look at the scheme of the examination and exam pattern for Phase-1 & Phase-2.
NABARD Grade-A Exam is for recruitment for the post of Assistant Managers is conducted in three phases.
1. Phase-1 – Preliminary Examination (Online Exam) – 200 Marks
2. Phase-2 – Main Examination will be online and will be a mix of MCQ and descriptive patterns. – 200 Marks
3. Phase-3 – Interview – 25 marks
I. NABARD Grade-A Exam Pattern – Phase-1
It is an objective online exam comprising of seven sections The total marks for this phase of the examination is 200. There is a sectional cut-off as well as an overall cut-off in this phase. This is a qualifying stage and marks obtained by the candidate are not counted in the subsequent phases.
II. NABARD Grade-A Exam Pattern – Phase 2
NABARD Grade A-Main Examination (Phase II) will be conducted online and will be a mix of MCQ and descriptive patterns.
Mains Exam Pattern
Paper-I – General English: (Descriptive – online through the keyboard). The paper will have descriptive questions carrying 100 marks. Duration: 1 ½ hrs.
III. NABARD Grade A Preparation Strategy for Phase-1 & Phase-2
» NABARD Grade-A Exam Myths Busted
Most of the candidates take SEBI Gr. A and RBI Gr. B but are hesitant about taking up the NABARD Gr. A exam. There is not much of a difference when we talk about RBI, SEBI & NABARD exams. These are the exams conducted by regulatory bodies. The position, status, perks, salary, everything is almost the same.
If we talk about the syllabus, we a very good overlap. Do not restrict yourself from appearing for the NABARD exam.
When you hear about NABARD, you would associate it with agriculture. But this does not mean that you should have complete knowledge of agriculture as a subject. Learning the basics and revising it multiple time would work in your favour.
» NABARD Grade A Preparation Strategy – Phase-1
Quants, Reasoning & English – The questions asked here are of medium difficulty level. Do not give away too much of your precious time in preparing for these subjects. Revise the basics, practice a few questions of each type, and then gradually move on to taking topic & sectional tests and then finally to take up mock tests.
Mock tests would help you cover questions of varying difficulty levels from the syllabus of these subjects. Solve as many questions as possible. Analyse the questions and the solutions and assess where you lack and what else needs to be done to get most of these questions right in the stipulated time.
General Awareness – Cover the current affairs of the last 3-4 months prior to the date of the examination. As of now, you can start covering the current affairs starting January 2021.
ESI & ARD – ESI & ARD preparation would be common for both Phase-1 & Phase-2 exams. You will have to do a simultaneous prep for Phase-1 & Phase-2. In Phase-1, 80 out of 200 marks are from ESI & ARD, when you study for ARD & ESI, you study for both the Phases.
» NABARD Grade A Preparation Strategy – Phase-2
For Phase-2 you need to individually clear the cut off for the papers of Descriptive English and ESI & ARD.
1. NABARD Grade A Preparation Strategy – Phase-2 – Descriptive English Preparation
The following question types can be asked:
- Essay writing
- Reading comprehension
- Precis’ writing
- Report writing
- Letter writing
- Paragraph writing
Here you need to focus on two aspects: One is the format and the other is content. Each of the question type given above has a unique writing format and you need to be thorough with the same.
Coming to the content part, as you prepare for ESI, ARD and GA, you would have enough fodder material for writing about any topic that is asked in the exam.
It is recommended practising (typing) each of these questions type on a weekly basis or say every ten days using your desktop/laptop.
2. NABARD Grade A Preparation Strategy – Phase-2 – ESI & ARD
You will have two parts: Static & Current Affairs
Usually, equal weightage is given to ESI (50 Marks) & ARD (50 Marks).
A total of 65 questions of 100 marks are asked. 35 questions of 2 marks each (70 marks). 30 questions of 1 mark each (30 marks).
As per the past years’ trends, it is observed that in some years, the paper was tilted more towards static questions, while in other years, the paper was tilted more towards current affairs questions.
To be able to clear the sectional cut off, you need to be good in both static portions as well current affairs related to ESI & ARD.
Important Chapters for ESI & ARD
If you have not started your preparations yet, we would suggest picking up these chapters in the first place and cover the basics of them.
After you cover the basics, start solving previous years questions or topic tests to understand and assess your knowledge.
3. Current Affairs for Phase-2
- 8-10 months prior to the exam is of great importance.
- As of now, you can start reading the CA from the month of July 2020.
What topics need to be covered?
- Daily Current Affairs (Reports & Indices especially)
- Economic Survey
- Union Budget
- Government Schemes
- NABARD Bankable Project Reports
- Other Important Agriculture Reports
IV. How do you manage your time?
We would recommend covering the basic chapters of ESI & ARD during weekdays while reserving the weekends for the coverage & revision of the current affairs, and practising Quants, Reasoning & English Questions.
This was all from us in this blog of “NABARD Grade A Preparation Strategy 2021 for Phase-1 & Phase-2. We hope that you like the content of the blog NABARD Grade A preparation strategy and would prove useful to you. We have prepared Free Agriculture & Rural Development Notes for your extensive preparation.
Refer to them below:
- Minimum Support Prices (MSP) – 2018/19: Free NABARD ARD Notes Ebook (PDF)
- Water Conservation: Methods and Importance | NABARD ARD Notes
- Organizations for Rural Development of India | Free ARD Notes for NABARD
- Institutional Financing Agencies | Free ARD Notes for NABARD
- Impact of Globalization on Agriculture | Free ARD Notes for NABARD
- National Income Accounting – GDP Calculation & Per Capita Income
- Poverty Alleviation & Employment Generation – RBI Grade B Study Notes
- Fisheries in India – Free ARD Notes for NABARD
- Animal Husbandry in India – Types, Importance & more | Free ARD Notes for NABARD
- Impact of Climate Change on Agriculture – Free ARD Notes for NABARD
- Farm and Agri Engineering – Importance | Free ARD Notes for NABARD
- Agricultural Markets: Concept, Classification, and more | Free ARD Notes for NABARD
- Agricultural Credit System – Types and Sources | Free ARD Notes for NABARD
- Types of Agriculture in India – NABARD Agriculture Notes
- Food Security in India – Free Ebook for NABARD Exams
- Krishi Vigyaan Kendras – NABARD Agriculture Notes
- Agricultural Organisations – India and World | Free ARD Notes E-Book (PDF)
- Irrigation: Types of Irrigation, Sources
- Agricultural Finance: Classification and Sources – NABARD Agriculture Notes
NABARD Grade A Online Course 2021
» Oliveboard offers the best NABARD Grade A Online Coaching for you all which will help you crack the exam with ease in your first attempt.
» Oliveboard’s NABARD Grade A Online Course 2021 will be your one-stop destination for all your preparation needs.
Why Join Oliveboard?
» Structured preparation @ one place.
» Strengthen your concepts using Videos & Notes.
» Have a grip on topics through Topic Tests.
» Improve speed and accuracy through Full-length Mock Tests.
As they say, start early and stay ahead!
- All New SBI PO 2021 Selection Batch: Join Now
- IB ACIO Tier 2 – Descriptive English Crash Course – Join Now
- यहाँ पर नि: शुल्क उत्तर प्रदेश पुलिस एसआई मॉक टेस्ट के लिए रजिस्टर करें
- Join SBI Clerk Selection Batch: Live Classes, Practice Sessions & Mock Tests
- Mission SSC CGL 2020-21 Crash Course + Test Series: Join Now
- JK Bank Mains – Crash Course + Mock Tests – Join Now