The Railways Recruitment Board (RRB) has released the recruitment notification for Group D posts announcing a whopping 62,907 vacancies. This is a great opportunity for all those who are aspiring to work in the Indian Railways. Here, we bring to you the exam pattern and detailed syllabus for the exam.
Railways RRB Group ‘ D ‘ Recruitment 2018 : Selection Procedure
The selection process of the RRB group ‘ D ‘ recruitment comprises of the following three stages:
- Computer Based Test (CBT) : This would be an online test of 90 minutes and will have 100 multiple choice questions.
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET) : In this, a candidate’s physical capabilities will be tested by means of some tasks. These would be different for men and women.
- Document Verification
Railways RRB Group ‘ D ‘ Recruitment 2018 : Exam Pattern
Exam Pattern : Computer Based Test
|Section||Type||No. of Questions||Total Duration|
General Intelligence and Reasoning
General Awareness on Current Affairs
There will be negative marking for incorrect answers in the CBT. 1/3 of the marks allotted for each question will be deducted for each wrong answer.
Category-wise Minimum Qualifying Marks in CBT
Minimum percentage of marks for eligibility in various categories:
- Unreserved – 40%
- OBC – 30%
- SC – 30%
- ST – 30%
This percentage of marks for eligibility would be relaxed by 2% for PWD candidates in case of shortage of PWD candidates against vacancies reserved for them.
Exam Pattern : Physical Efficiency Test
Based on the merit of the candidates in the CBT, candidates will be called for PET; the number would be two times the community-wise total vacancy of the posts notified against RRBs. Passing Physical Efficiency Test (PET) is mandatory and the same will be qualifying in nature.
Physical Efficiency Test For Women
- Should be able to lift and carry 20 kg of weight for a distance of 100 metres in 2 minutes in one chance without putting the weight down
Should be able to run for a distance of 1000 metres in 5 minutes and 40 seconds in one chance.
Physical Efficiency Test For Men
Should be able to lift and carry 35 kg of weight for a distance of 100 metres in 2 minutes in one chance without putting the weight down
Should be able to run for a distance of 1000 metres in 4 minutes and 15 seconds in one chance
Railways RRB Group ‘ D ‘ Recruitment 2018 : Detailed Syllabus for CBT
Syllabus : Mathematics
- Number System
- Decimals & Fractions
- LCM & HCF
- Ratio and Proportion
- Time and Work
- Time and Distance
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Profit and Loss
- Geometry and Trigonometry
- Elementary Statistics
- Squares & Square Roots
- Age Calculations
- Calendars & Clocks
- Pipes & Cisterns
Syllabus : General Intelligence and reasoning
- Alphabetical and Number Series
- Coding and Decoding
- Mathematical Operations
- Venn Diagrams
- Data Interpretation and Sufficiency
- Conclusions and Decision Making
- Similarities and Differences
- Analytical Reasoning
- Statement – Arguments and Assumptions
Syllabus : General Science
The syllabus under this covers Physics, Chemistry and Life Sciences of 10 standard level.
Syllabus : General Awareness on Current Affairs
Science & Technology, Sports, Culture, Personalities, Economics, Politics and any other subjects of importance.
Hope this helps.
All the best!
- IBPS RRB PO Mock Test – Attempt a FREE Mock Test Now
- IBPS RRB Assistant Mock Test – Attempt a FREE Mock Test Now
- Guarantee your success in 2020 with SBI PO Titan Course + 30 Full length SBI PO mock tests
- Attempt a Free SEBI Grade A Mock Test here
- UPSC EPFO EO 2020 – Attempt Free Mock Tests now
- Prepare for Railway RRB NTPC Exam – Take a Free Mock Test