Table of Contents
- SSC Stenographer Eligibility Criteria 2023
- SSC Stenographer 2023 – Overview
- SSC Stenographer 2023 – Eligibility Criteria
- SSC Stenographer Eligibility 2023 – Conclusion
- SSC Stenographer Eligibility Criteria 2023 – Frequently Asked Questions
SSC Stenographer Eligibility Criteria 2023
SSC Stenographer Eligibility Criteria 2023: The SSC Stenographer registration has begun on 2nd August 2023. Candidates interested should make sure they fulfill all the requirements before applying. Failure to do so can cause rejection of the application at any time during the process. This article will detail all the conditions candidates are required to fulfill in order to be eligible for the SSC Stenographer recruitment 2023.
SSC Stenographer 2023 – Overview
Here’s a brief overview of the exam-
|Conducting Body||Staff Selection Commission|
|Exam Name||SSC Stenographer 2023|
|Post Name||Grade C and D officers|
|Registration Dates||2nd August 2023 – 23rd August 2023|
|Exam Date||12th & 13th October 2023|
|Selection process||Written Exam, Skill Test|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Exam Mode||Online (Computer-Based Test) and Skill Test|
SSC Stenographer 2023 – Eligibility Criteria
There are a number of factors in eligibility criteria such as educational qualifications, age limit, relaxation in age limit, citizenship, eligibility of ex-servicemen, reservations, etc. which are given below:-
- The candidate appearing in the exam must have qualified 10 plus 2 or equivalent. This qualification should have been obtained from a recognized university or board.
- All degrees, including technical education degrees/diplomas, given by universities through Open and Distance Learning modes of study are recognized for employment in Central Government jobs and services. It is necessary to verify that they have been approved by the University Grants Commission’s Distance Education Bureau.
- All applicants must provide their original certificates, such as mark sheets and provisional certificates from intermediate/higher secondary/senior secondary school.
The age restriction for the applicants is listed below. Candidates from the OBC and SC/ST categories, on the other hand, are granted certain leeway.
- Stenographer Grade C: 18 to 30 years as of 01.01..2022 i.e. candidates born not before 02-01-1992 and not later than 01-01-2004 are eligible to apply.
- Stenographer Grade D: 18 to 27 years as of 01.01.2022 i.e. candidates born not before 02-01-1995 and not later than 01-01-2004 are eligible to apply.
The upper age limit relaxation provided to the Reserved categories are:
|Category||Upper Age relaxation|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||5 years|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||5 years|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||3 years|
|Physically Handicapped (Unreserved)||10 years|
|Physically Handicapped (OBC)||13 years|
|Physically Handicapped (SC or ST)||15 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (ESM)||3 years|
All aspiring applicants must also fulfil the qualifying requirements for their country of origin. A candidate must be a citizen of one of the following countries/must meet the citizenship requirements of one of the following countries:
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from one of the following countries:-
- Sri Lanka
- The United Republic of Tanzania.
- A Tibetan refugee who came to India before 1st January 1962
- Subject of Bhutan
- Subject of Nepal
Candidates who fall into categories 2, 3, 4, and 5 will get a certificate of eligibility from the Indian government.
SSC Stenographer Eligibility For Ex-Servicemen
The following are the eligibility requirements for ex-servicemen competing in SSC Stenographer 2021:
- Person (including personnel of Territorial Army) who have been discharged after completing the stipulated time of service, or at his own request, or dismissed on grounds of misbehavior or inefficiency and have been awarded a gratuity (pension holders).
- A person who has served as a Combatant or Non-Combatant in the Army, Navy, and Air Force of the Indian Union.
- Gallantry Award Winners of the Armed Forces
- Person relieved on the medical ground with medical disability pension
- Personnel who had spent more than six months on deputation in the Army Postal Service prior to April 14, 1987.
- Candidates of the Army Postal Service who have served as a part of the Regular Army and retired from the Army Postal Service or are released from Army Postal Service on the medical ground with medical or another disability pension
Candidates who are serving as a Service Clerk in the last year of their military service. Only jobs at Armed Forces Headquarters and the Inter-Service Organisation will be open to such individuals. Sons, daughters, and dependents of ex-servicemen will not be eligible for an age reduction.
SSC Stenographer Reservations
Reservation for ST/SC/OBC/PH i.e.(Persons with disabilities)/Ex-servicemen etc. categories is available as per the Indian Government norms.
Posts of both Grade C and Grade D have been identified as suitable for persons who are suffering from disabilities of One Leg(OL), One Arm(OA), Both Legs (BL), Blind(B), and LV (Low Vision)
Candidates who are hearing impaired are not eligible for this post.
SSC Stenographer Eligibility 2023 – Conclusion
Candidates should make sure to go through the notification when it is released. The age limit will be updated according to the same.
SSC Stenographer Eligibility Criteria 2023 – Frequently Asked Questions
A1. The minimum educational qualification required to appear in SSC Stenographer exam is 10+2 or equivalent from a recognized Board or University.
A2. The maximum age limit for SSC Stenographer is 30 years for Grade C and 27 years for Grade D.
A3. Candidates must be a citizen of India to be eligible for SSC Stenographer.
A4. Candidates must be physically fit and should not have any visual or hearing impairment to be eligible for SSC Stenographer.
- SSC Stenographer Previous Year Papers 2023 – Download Now!
- SSC Stenographer Salary 2023, Know Pay Scale and Benefits
- SSC Stenographer Cut Off 2023, Know Previous Year Cut Offs
- SSC Stenographer Grade ‘C’ & ‘D’ 2023 Result, Check Details
- SSC Stenographer Admit Card 2023, Direct Link to Download
- SSC Stenographer Syllabus 2023, Know Topics and Exam Pattern
DOWNLOAD THE OLIVEBOARD APP FOR ON-THE-GO EXAM PREPARATION
- Video Lessons, Textual Lessons & Notes
- Topic Tests covering all topics with detailed solutions
- Sectional Tests for QA, DI, EL, LR
- All India Mock Tests for performance analysis and all India percentile
- General Knowledge (GK) Tests
Free videos, free mock tests, and free GK tests to evaluate course content before signing up!
I write content to help people prepare for banking exams because I have experience as an aspirant myself. My goal is to provide accurate and easy-to-understand information for candidates. I cover various topics such as exam patterns, syllabus, study techniques, and time management to support those preparing for the exams. As a former aspirant turned content writer, I want to make the information accessible and helpful for others so that they can do well in their banking and government exams and achieve their goals.